Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Help! my baby pom always want attention

DreamL6
Novice

Apr 7, 2008, 9:20 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3050 views)
Shortcut
Help! my baby pom always want attention Can't Post

I really need some advise, my pom's been really well behaved until lately when she would do the following when we are out of the house or when we ignore her, even if we are just both looking at something funny on youtube for one minute:

1. place poo everywhere around the house when we leave her at home, even for an hour (some times she does this n sometimes she doesn't, its so random i got no idea what triggers it)

2. drag our clothes around

3. pee right next to us (when we are on the computer looking at short clips or reading short news articles, i emphasise short cause its really like, one minute, read one paragraph, then when we look at her, she pee already right next to us)

really got no idea what to do, she is perfectly fine when the above situations do not happen. Help cause i am lost, i tried to ignore it, tried scolding her when i catch her doing it, nothing works. i love her so much and would really want to find out what is going on.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 10, 2008, 7:46 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DreamL6] Help! my baby pom always want attention [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like she have too much energy to burn... did u bring her out for walks to let her exercise?

since she is juz a toy breed dog, throwing the ball n let her chase can be a good way to exercise her...

if u are out, place her in a crate to prevent her from messing up your house...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Apr 13, 2008, 1:20 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2756 views)
Shortcut

when u all are not around, give her a kong to play...it's kinda like a toy...go to the pet shops and ask for a kong...they will know...and try to give her more attention when u all are with her...you can always hug her while watching tv or in front of the pc...

DreamL6
Novice

Apr 18, 2008, 8:53 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] Help! my baby pom always want attention [In reply to] Can't Post

been excercising her like crazy and am planning to get the toy for her to play....sigh, now her behavious escalated to destructive stage oredi....came back yesterday after work and she alreaddy chewed up a plastic bag, pee n poo in the right spot but redistributed her poo at strategic places for us to see when we get home....crazy dog.... we shower her with lots of attention when we are home.... sigh.... thanks for the advise ya!

ferox
Novice

May 2, 2008, 7:00 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2120 views)
Shortcut

Be very careful with the attention you are giving your dog. You might be unknowingly rewarding bad behavior. Like Amanda85 mentioned, crate training is a good idea. But I think you've been over pampering her by giving her too much attention in the first place, now she expects it no matter what and will do whatever it takes to get it.

I suggest practice "Nothing In Life Is Free". Don't give her ANYTHING until she does what you want her to do. (stay calm, be quiet, sit down, lie down, etc)

(This post was edited by ferox on May 2, 2008, 7:01 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my