Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Should I put my dog to sleep?

adeisme
New User

Apr 7, 2008, 7:50 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1536 views)
Shortcut
Should I put my dog to sleep? Can't Post

Hi, I have an Irish Setter which is 14 years old (at least). Sometimes, he cannot get up and I need to help him up. But other times he seems ok and quite energetic. However, sometimes when he cannot get up, he does his business where he is sitting and sleeping which makes him very smelly. But when I bathe him, he will be unable to get up again. (looks like "fong sap" or somethg). I wonder is it time to put him to sleep? May I know how much does it normally cost to do so? Is it possible to buy the medicine from the vet and inject him myself? He is very big and very difficult to bring to the vet especially if he cant walk. >.<

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 7, 2008, 4:25 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adeisme] Should I put my dog to sleep? [In reply to] Can't Post

You can't buy the medicine and do it yourself. Still have to bring to vet or ask the vet to come over. Well a dog is put to sleep ONLY if they can't eat anymore or if they are suffering in pain. i would suggest to put him on a plastic mat, the type with holes so if he does his business it flows down and doesn't get him wet so much..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my