Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
He's not eating his food...

Hezra
New User

Apr 1, 2008, 7:20 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2417 views)
Shortcut
He's not eating his food... Can't Post

I bought my puppy some dog biscuits and I normally feed him that in the morning and then some meat with rice at night. He was happily eating the biscuits for the first few days, after that nowadays he doesn't want to eat the biscuits anymore...

Just wondering is it because I've spoiled him during dinner time with meat and rice? But he was okay all these while until recently... When he sees the meat and rice he'll have very good appetite but when he sees the biscuits he just walk away...

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 1, 2008, 9:37 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hezra] He's not eating his food... [In reply to] Can't Post

Try adding water to the keebles. Too dry they will not eat, some don't anyway. If it keeps on like this, take it away that is put the bowl down, once he approach it even before sniffing it take it away, it will learn soon enough to eat when given. You will not starve the dog missing a meal a day.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 3, 2008, 6:02 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2384 views)
Shortcut

your dog is in the process of learning to be a picky eater...

if u wan a dog that eat whatever u offer, then u shld stop giving meat and rice at the moment...

since now he lost interest in biscuit, you shld only feed him biscuit.....give him in the morning, if he didn't finish it, keep it away and give it again during dinner time...he will eventually eat if he's hungry....

after he had been finishing his biscuit up consistently for few days, reward him with a meal of meat and rice....
then continue with biscuit only for few days and slowly introduce back the meat and rice....

this is to prevent owning a picky eater, unless u can provide meat and rice for everyday....then he might as well stop eating biscuit....and an adult dog can be feed once a day....

make sure your dog finish up his food everytime with no waiting...

when u had achieve the consistency, then u can even feed whatever u wish and your dog will finish it up with no question

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Apr 3, 2008, 6:05 PM)

Rune
New User

May 12, 2008, 11:24 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2190 views)
Shortcut

Hi..

Have you tried any other types of dog biscuits ?

Mvh
Rune

Kingdom Of Pets. Dog Training & Behavior

(This post was edited by Rune on May 12, 2008, 11:32 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my