Beagle looking for temporary owner

yeevonn
New User

Mar 31, 2008, 11:25 PM

Post #1 of 24 (6075 views)
Shortcut
Beagle looking for temporary owner Can't Post

Hi all,

My aunt owns a beagle but is unable to take care of him these few months, she is currently putting him up at a pet shop which cost her rm20 per day and the dog is put in the cage almost for the whole day. So we are searching for some one who is able to take care of him for a few months time until my aunt is able to take him home.

Preferably house with big front/backyards so that he can be let loose.

We are willing to pay a small amount of $ in order for the dog to stay in a better place for these few months time.

Photo attached. Please contact me at yeevonn@hotmail.com or leave a msg on my blog www.yeevonn.blogspot.com.

Thanks.
Attachments: IMG0038A.jpg (18.2 KB)
  IMG0039A.jpg (19.7 KB)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 31, 2008, 11:56 PM

Post #2 of 24 (6069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeevonn] Beagle looking for temporary owner [In reply to] Can't Post

rm20 a day is so cheap.. Owning a dog is definitely not cheap esp when you are unable to take care of it for a short while. Asking some relatives would be more ideal..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 31, 2008, 11:58 PM

Post #3 of 24 (6066 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Beagle looking for temporary owner [In reply to] Can't Post

if only this is not a beagle... Sly Sly Tongue

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Apr 1, 2008, 1:37 AM

Post #4 of 24 (6043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Beagle looking for temporary owner [In reply to] Can't Post

i certainly agree on this...but you can ask acsyen...she REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVESSSSSS BEAGLES...hahahaLaugh

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 1, 2008, 3:17 PM

Post #5 of 24 (6017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] Beagle looking for temporary owner [In reply to] Can't Post

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

boco

Apr 1, 2008, 6:22 PM

Post #6 of 24 (6002 views)
Shortcut

Hi yeevonn, where are you locating at?

Ask your friends or relatives to help take care of your dog. Else you could opt for this pet boarding which allow dogs to roam freely in a designated area, refer to below link.

http://thestar.com.my/...05&sec=lifefocus

yeevonn
New User

Apr 2, 2008, 7:30 PM

Post #7 of 24 (5845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boco] Beagle looking for temporary owner [In reply to] Can't Post

My aunt is living in ampang, the place that you have recommended is too far and expensive for us. Anyway, thanks for the info.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 2, 2008, 8:00 PM

Post #8 of 24 (5837 views)
Shortcut

hi, try asking spca selangor... if i'm not mistaken, some of the staff n volunteers do home boarding... for few mths boarding, maybe they can give u a reasonable price... good luck... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 3, 2008, 2:31 AM

Post #9 of 24 (5772 views)
Shortcut

hihi... i can help you to take care... but... u trust me...??? haha...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2008, 10:09 PM

Post #10 of 24 (5160 views)
Shortcut

Aiseman, why people don't like Beagle huh? They are adorable leh............But I have to say it's not easy to cope with their energy level......

My experience, bring them for jogging twice a day, sure they will ok. Also, need to be very strict to them......

I love Beagle

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2008, 11:46 PM

Post #11 of 24 (5153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] Beagle looking for temporary owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Or like me... get a power-crazy dog who will CONTROL the beagle for you. I'm fostering a beagle now and my Daisy will keep him in place. If she's with him, he doesnt even dare bark! Very kwai, never jump, never bite things, never bark/bay. If she's not around, he's like a monkey!

But of coz, we have to play with him at least once a day to tire him out and satisfy him. Else, he will merajuk... Beagles... cute but a lot of energy required.
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 8, 2008, 1:34 AM

Post #12 of 24 (5145 views)
Shortcut

traitor!! Tongue u said pug is the best breed! now u say u love beagle pulak! Tongue

my earlier post was meant for yen, coz i know how much she 'loves' beagles! for me, dun hv experience with beagles, so no comment... I LOVE PIGS! ... i mean, PUGS!

Sookie's Photo Gallery

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2008, 2:04 AM

Post #13 of 24 (5137 views)
Shortcut

Aiya, I love dogs....................any types............but I have some favorite breeds...........I still like pugs the best so far.......... Beagle also in the favorite list.

The first pure breed I had was Beagle. I took her back when she's only few months old. Spent time to take care of her and saw her growing each day. she's very energetic and not very naughty (a bit only), also not noisy at all.

The pug joined the family one month after the beagle. Both of them have become good friend since. They have brought so much of fun and joy to us............ In fact they have changed my life style...........I slept very late and woke up very early, just to play with them and bring them out for walk............ They really kept me busy the whole day........

Now I have one GD and Shih Tzu mixed - The GD is too big to play with. I play tug of wall with him but I can only last for less than 30 minutes......... The shih tzu is independant and not very energetic, so I don't have to play with her all the time. Unlike the pug and beagle, they were around me all the time. I had to play with them, interfere when they were fighting, watched them eating, .........

Now my ST & GD - one so big one so small, one indoor one outdoor, one so rough one so "xiao jie" - no click and no chemistry....... Still miss the beagle and the pug.........perfect combination.
Attachments: pug&beagle.jpg (85.2 KB)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 8, 2008, 2:27 AM

Post #14 of 24 (5135 views)
Shortcut

hehehe i was teasing u la... jangan marah ye... Smile

sookie is my first dog so i hv no experience with other breed... but i dun think i can love any other breed like how i love pugs... Cool

for the owner it's really great when u see ur dogs getting along... my sookie doesnt like other dogs in the house... i hv a rescued pup in the hse now n sookie dun wan to 'choi' her one... haih...

mayb u get 1 more big 1 to accompany the one outside... then a small one (a pug!) to be with the 1 inside... perfect! Wink

Sookie's Photo Gallery

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2008, 2:35 AM

Post #15 of 24 (5132 views)
Shortcut

I know you were teasing onli...........where got angry so easy wan........

I'm moving to a corner house soon..... Then can adopt more dogs.........Potential list - beagle and pug........but also depends on luck wan because I don't intend to buy..........Now many people give their beagles up but not pugs......

The GD and ST also I adopted - that's why it ends up in such a weird combination!

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 8, 2008, 2:47 AM

Post #16 of 24 (5129 views)
Shortcut

yeah great! beagle n pug, both also got ar for adoption... ask our fren, ms acs... Wink

Sookie's Photo Gallery

hammy
Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2008, 6:25 PM

Post #17 of 24 (5091 views)
Shortcut

beagle n pug both very noisy rite? put together will world war o not? hehehehe.. later kena kao kao from pug n beagle lover..

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 8, 2008, 6:29 PM

Post #18 of 24 (5089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hammy] Beagle looking for temporary owner [In reply to] Can't Post

oh no la... pugs are very very quiet dogs... most of the time when a pug barks, it won't sound like a bark at all... tat's why pugs make great pets for those who stay in flat/condo/apt...

beagles... i only hear tat they r very naughty! Tongue

Sookie's Photo Gallery

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2008, 6:47 PM

Post #19 of 24 (5086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hammy] Beagle looking for temporary owner [In reply to] Can't Post

No lar, pugs are never noisy......they seldom bark, bark only when they detect someone/something come near to your house - they can be very good watch dog as they are very alert. Even when they bark, the volume is not high.

Beagle can be very noise I guess cos they are very chesty that's why it can be very loud. But it depends on individual dog and also how you train the dog. My beagle was not noisy, she won't bark unnecessarily.

Beagle and pug are perfect combination according to my personal experience. Both are very playful and occupy each other all the time. But owner must keep an eye on them because beagle can be too rough for pug sometimes.

nphew

Apr 8, 2008, 7:10 PM

Post #20 of 24 (5078 views)
Shortcut

I was at a pet shop in Penang, the one opposite Gurney plaza, the lady owner owns a few pugs in the shop, even more at home. One pug rarely bark but likes to make a very strange sound ( like heavy breathing with a blocked nose). Do all pugs do that?

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 8, 2008, 7:22 PM

Post #21 of 24 (5075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nphew] Beagle looking for temporary owner [In reply to] Can't Post

hehhee... if u mean snort, then yes, it's a common trait in pugs... pugs snore too when they sleep... this is coz they hv a flat face n short nose, unlike most dogs...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2008, 7:31 PM

Post #22 of 24 (5072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nphew] Beagle looking for temporary owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, because of their short nose, they sometimes have breathing problems.........they really snore when they sleep, as loud as human being. They can't do vigorous or excessive exercise, they can run out of breathe.......

I brought my bealge and pug for walk together. Beagle can walk until I drop dead and still she's not tired. Pug can walk only for a short while. After that she will come to me asking me to carry her. She would stick her tounge out and really enjoy herself in my arm........Very cute creature.

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Apr 10, 2008, 2:34 AM

Post #23 of 24 (4935 views)
Shortcut

haha...i know how it's like...there was once, i was walking the gr, my wife walking the schnauzer and my mom walking the silky...we were only halfway, but the silky is like dropped dead already...haha...different dogs have different staminas i suppose

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 10, 2008, 7:31 AM

Post #24 of 24 (4915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] Beagle looking for temporary owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, different dogs different stamina and styles.......

Beagle - can bring for jogging, good exercise partner. Cannot be off-leash.

Pug - can only go for short walk

Shih Tzu - also only short walk - very leceh because of the long fur - can dirty easily. My ST very aggressive, bark at people and really wants to bite

Great Dane - Have to be alert all the time in case he becomes too excited and pull. Otherwise can be a good partner to train for sprinting........they can run very fast but less stamina I guess due to the big size

Pom Mix local - very clever dog, like jogging as well, good stamina. Like to berlagak.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my