Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Cocker looking for a place to run in Ipoh...

yongkweechin
Novice

Mar 19, 2008, 11:39 PM

Post #1 of 11 (5801 views)
Shortcut
Cocker looking for a place to run in Ipoh... Can't Post

Dear members,

My cocker spaniel just arrived in Ipoh last month, does anybody know of any dog-friendly park in Ipoh?

Many thanks in advance Wink

"...love me...feed me...never leave me..." - Garfield

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2008, 12:46 AM

Post #2 of 11 (5736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yongkweechin] Cocker looking for a place to run in Ipoh... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi.. did you go to YWCA today?? I didn't see any Cocker Spaniel there.. :)

or, did you go to Menglembu hill??

by the way, I won't go to YWCA next Sunday, cause need to go to KL.. but, I think if everything is smooth, I'll go to Menglembu hill on Saturday morning(normally I'll go early in the morning, so that not so hot)..

yongkweechin
Novice

Mar 25, 2008, 5:54 PM

Post #3 of 11 (5669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] Cocker looking for a place to run in Ipoh... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, many thanks for replying. I went back to Ipoh during the Good Friday holiday but i dont hv access to internet so did not manage to read your post, just came back from Ipoh this morning (i'm working in Singapore).

i will probably go back again during the Labour Day holiday, hope weather will be better than the past few days

many thanks again, will keep in touch

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 26, 2008, 3:48 AM

Post #4 of 11 (5594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yongkweechin] Cocker looking for a place to run in Ipoh... [In reply to] Can't Post

I see.. no problem.. just go there when you're free.. :)

so, your cocker spaniel stays with you in Singapore? did you drive home? cause if take bus, I think it's hard to let the dog travel with you.. ;)

yongkweechin
Novice

Mar 26, 2008, 6:10 PM

Post #5 of 11 (5532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] Cocker looking for a place to run in Ipoh... [In reply to] Can't Post

the dog was from Singapore until he's 1-year-old last month, was brought back to Ipoh during CNY, my fam members taking care & he's adjusting well.

i really miss him a lot will try to travel back more often.

by the way where do you bring your dog for grooming, & vet? i'm looking around for a vet for his vaccine booster due in June, although there are many choices listed in the forum but just checking around.

thanks & hv a nice day

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2008, 1:45 AM

Post #6 of 11 (5513 views)
Shortcut

well, I didn't bring her for grooming.. ahhahah.. cause she's a labrador, don't have to go for grooming.. but, you can try out the usual petshop that I go.. Pretty Pets in Ipoh garden South.. you can find lots of stuff there, and can get a reasonable price for those stuff..

for vet.... well, I'm still looking for a good vet in Ipoh.. The previous vet that I brought my furkid for vaccination is not good (tried to cheat me on the vaccine and charge me higher). That vet is around that petshop.. and it's quite reputable and heard that the vet is very experience.. my breeder recommended me to go there.. I let my furkid finished all the 3 vaccination there.. I only found out that she charged me higher after asking for the price for vaccination in this forum... When I went for the first time she told me that my dog needed 4 jabs, cause she's a black dog... weird right?? then, I asked around here, and most of them said no such thing.. and never heard of the black dog need 4 jabs case before.. then, I went there for the 2nd time, she charged me even higher with RM 75.. told me that she's giving my furkid 7 in 1 .. but before that the first jab (my breeder brought her there) only 6 in 1... then, the 3rd jab she gave my furkid 10 in 1 but, didn't charge me more than RM75 cause I started asking her questions not like the 1st and 2nd time, I didn't ask any questions, just pay and go back.. Then, I asked her why my furkid need 4 jabs.. then, only she told me that the 4th vaccination is for the heart worm.. and she charge me RM 45 for the pro heart jab.

(that vet is also not really patient to treat animals. when she tried to show us how to put the eye drop that time, she nearly slapped my furkid! if we're not around, I think she'll slap my dog.. She provided boarding services too.. when I was there, I saw lots of dogs and cats locking in the small cage.. some of them crying non-stop.. I don't know those were sick animal or what..but, I'm sure that she is providing the boarding service, cause I saw people sending their dogs and cats there for boarding. So, if can better don't look for this vet.)

so, if can better look for other vet.. cause this vet looks like not really honest .. I'm still looking for another vet.. my neighbour brought their dog to the Clinic Goh in Tmn Wah Keong.. I might try this vet at the end of the year for her vaccine booster ..

yongkweechin
Novice

Mar 27, 2008, 11:22 PM

Post #7 of 11 (5473 views)
Shortcut

haha... i also read your other post about your encounter with the vet, never heard about vaccine given according to color of the dog , but if i were you, i might consider changing vet without second thought, this site is quite helpful (Malaysia Veterinary Forum), http://www.vet.com.my

my dog is taking Interceptor tablet monthly for heartworm, prescribed by his vet in Singapore, he's lucky this vet is very professional, she took the trouble to examine every detail from dog behaviour to feeding routine etc. during every clinic visits. sigh... my dog going to miss her.

about the clinic which you mentioned on dog boarding service, i also notice that most of the vet clinics in Ipoh provide this service (some sell puppies as well), maybe they do this to supplement income... dont know whether its legal here but in Singapore vet clinics are strictly for dogs/cats or other pets that need medical attention.

dont know if i'm off the topic but pls let me know if need to change to different topic for related discussion.

thanks & hv a nice day Cool

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2008, 5:00 AM

Post #8 of 11 (5461 views)
Shortcut

sigh.. you know how hard to find a professional vet here in Ipoh?? I really have no idea where to go.. sigh.. and that clinic that I went was introduced in some of the forum too.. so, should be quite reputable too,since that clinic can survive for so long (more than 10 years).. but, looks like a lot of people like me.. ahahah.. didn't ask the vet anything, just pay money..Blush that's why she tried to 'ko tok' me.. (charge me higher) .. until I asked her lots of questions.. by the way, I will go for other clinic for sure.. but, still don't know which is really a good vet in Ipoh.. sigh.. Pirate

so, in Singapore.. can you bring the dog to the park?? yeah.. why did you bring your cocker back to Ipoh??

yongkweechin
Novice

Mar 28, 2008, 10:46 PM

Post #9 of 11 (5403 views)
Shortcut

i think he got more interesting outdoor life in Singapore. the original owner is my relative, i helped to puppysit when he's around 3mth old, he likes to go outside for walks where he can explore, usually early in the morning when children playground is still empty, the place is clean & well-maintained, its quite common to see ppl bring dogs out for walks, he also been to this boarding house where dogs are free to roam around indoor, what amaze me is that the caretakers know all the dogs by name. i think he will miss his regular groomer , wonder whether dogs can remember all the happy occasions...

well... to cut long story short, to hv to bring him to Ipoh is the last resort & the best we can do to keep him, one of the reason is he cannot get a license, cocker spaniel is not in the list of approved breeds allow in government apartments, although there are owners keeping unapproved breeds without getting into any trouble with the authority but we are not prepare to take the risk, so that's how he ended up in Ipoh.

thanks for reading & hv a nice day

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2008, 6:12 AM

Post #10 of 11 (5373 views)
Shortcut

oh.. I see.. I'm sure you'll miss him a lot.. since he'd been staying with you since young..

why they don't allow Cocker Spaniel to breed in condo ar?? if other breeds are allowed.. did they tell you the reason why you cannot keep this breed in your condo?? since this breed is not a large breed...

yongkweechin
Novice

Mar 31, 2008, 10:08 PM

Post #11 of 11 (4764 views)
Shortcut

Government housing allows only certain breeds of small/miniature size under the Animals and Birds (Dog Licensing and Control) Rules, license will not be issued for breeds not in the list, and their website has the complete list for types of approved breeds.

But for private housing (private condo, landed property) the residents are not restricted by the above ruling.

If you are interested on why such stringent control, pls feel free to check out their website: The Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) because it’s too lengthy to be pasted here.

I think cocker spaniel is medium size breed that’s why it’s not in the approved list

http://www.ava.gov.sg/...ensing/index.htm#faq

Hope the above info helps, hv a nice day

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my