Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
Need some advice on several concerns

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ki1ki
New User

Jul 16, 2008, 8:25 PM

Post #26 of 29 (22168 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sonic Theory] Need some advice on several concerns [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, a week have passed and whining/yelping seems to slow down already for my gal. but she will still bark abit when i leave her alone at night or going to work. Anyhow, i think things is improving.

Another problem that i have now is that she will eat her poo. every time if i'm there, i really have to force her away or lock her away before i can clear up the poo. May be is the smell of poo, i dunno... any advice?

Is it ok that i have 2 place for her to poo?

1. when ever she is in her own room (when im not around-night/working), i place paper in a corner of the room and she will pee/poo on it (some time she will still missed the spot)

2. when she is around the living room, there will also have a place at the corner to pee/poo too.

Shd i maintain both place or shd restrict her to only 1. Pls advice.

Thanks. Cheers.

Sonic Theory
Dog Kichi

Jul 16, 2008, 8:47 PM

Post #27 of 29 (22163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ki1ki] Need some advice on several concerns [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to hear that she is getting accustomed to her new home.

Can't help you with the poo eating issue - I have not gone through this before but there are some articles on the net that I've read on this before that could help you.

I would advise you to enlarge the area where the paper is placed and only have one area for her to relieve herself. Since she is still learning to recognize the smell of paper in relation to poo/pee area, its better to keep her goin to the same place all the time.

szetwinne
Novice

Mar 6, 2010, 4:08 AM

Post #28 of 29 (18501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sonic Theory] Need some advice on several concerns [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow!

I got my puppy (ShihTzu,Bella) about 1 month ago. She isn't toilet train yet. At least not 100%, when she is in the bedroom she knows to pee and poo at the tray. But when she is around the house, she will just relieve herself anywhere!

I don't really have time to look out for her all day since I am normally at work. *sigh* I really need to spend more time with her.

huat
Novice

Oct 17, 2010, 2:12 PM

Post #29 of 29 (9672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [szetwinne] Need some advice on several concerns [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, i've just got myself a labrador.

im training my dog to pee and poo in the toilet, but sometimes the toilet will be wet.

would this affect the dog from using the same spot everytime? because i've tried several times, sometimes he pee and poo in the toilet, other time he just lay there because of the cooling floor.

another question i have is bathing.

i know labrador shouldnt bath with shampoo too often because it may ruin their natural body oil, but would it be ok if i bath him with water only? this is because i bring him out for walk 2 times a day, and his paw is dirty and sometimes his underbelly.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my