Cars and Technical Issues

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 29, 2008, 4:48 AM

Post #26 of 46 (2059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

yalor.... although it has very good grip and noise level oso very low.... but wear and tear very high... that is because the rubber compound in michelin is slightly softer then other brand... so if you are calculating mileage by mileage... michelin will loose out....

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

charleswong29
Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2008, 6:05 AM

Post #27 of 46 (2057 views)
Shortcut

as my father told me, he change for 4 tyres are abt 1k++, but my girls treat it as a toys.....pengsanCrazy

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 29, 2008, 7:33 PM

Post #28 of 46 (2031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charleswong29] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

haha.. really kesian... 1k or 10k?? 1 k is like from kl-johor about 2 1/2 round trips oni wor.....

well mayb tell ur dad... after change the tyres... take the old ones back and let ur dogs play with it lor
Frown

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 29, 2008, 7:58 PM

Post #29 of 46 (2028 views)
Shortcut

hahaha!!!tyres as toys...that is so costly man!hahaha...

yun
Novice

Mar 30, 2008, 3:53 AM

Post #30 of 46 (2018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

guess he meant rm1k ba...

charleswong29
Enthusiast

Mar 30, 2008, 6:11 AM

Post #31 of 46 (2012 views)
Shortcut

RE: khengteik
cannot lah, after u will see a new breed in Malaysia call black mouth golden retriever....I'm talking abt RM1000++for 4 tyres, dono got hear wrong anot, cus i vvv seldom drive.

RE: chrislimyy
KO 1 toy in 3 day time, also not cheap loh.....dono what their teeth make by......

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 30, 2008, 8:10 AM

Post #32 of 46 (2003 views)
Shortcut

hahaha... ok ok... i thought u say change when mileage oni 1k... :p yeah.. michelin is very expensive.... but arguably they are still considered one of the bet tyres in providing comfort and also safety...

PSY
K9 Kaki

Mar 31, 2008, 9:39 PM

Post #33 of 46 (1968 views)
Shortcut

Just my pennies worth, problem with dogs weeing on tyres, keep female instead of male dogs. Chewing on tyres, pick up his poo, mix with water and paint it on the tyres, messy and smelly job but after a while you should not have any problem or else buy a bottle of Sulphurdine (not sure of spelling) expensive but actually very good for hot spot treatment, should stop it from biting and weeing. Lifespan of tyres, if you keep it properly inflated it should last for years. Tyres manufacturer put a life span on their tyres because they do not wish to have that liability. How much is your life worth so you can decide on new or second hand tyres. A general rule of thumb, soft suspension-hard wall tyres, hard suspension-soft wall tyres. If you wish to have your tyres last, always change two tyres at a time and new tyres always at the back so you can run it in (usually a month use) then transfer to front and buy another set fro the back. Like I have mentioned, just my pennies worth, four cars at home and I am using 3 brands of tyres.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Mar 31, 2008, 10:18 PM

Post #34 of 46 (1962 views)
Shortcut

Not sure if this is related but here's a site I think is useful....

www.euroncap.com/tests.aspx

For those who don't already know Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 31, 2008, 11:02 PM

Post #35 of 46 (1957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

well from my experience, no matter what tyres you are using... they tend to get hard after abt 2 yrs mor more.... which is time to change...

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 31, 2008, 11:26 PM

Post #36 of 46 (1952 views)
Shortcut

mr car-man... Tongue i hv a question... car service is normally done every 10,000km or 5,000km? my car service booklet only stated every 10,000km, but the service center stapled another piece of paper on my booklet n said every 5,000km must service... ??? pls enlighten... em goi ar... Cool Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 31, 2008, 11:45 PM

Post #37 of 46 (1946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

actually depends on the engine oil that you are using.... if you are using fully synthetic engine oil... should be 10k send for service.... but if u do engine flush everytime u service car, pls do service at every 8k or 9k. The remaining chemical used to flush the engine will decrease the lifespan of the engine oil... and if you are a hard driver (someone who likes to press on the accelerator hard please also do so at around 9k... if u like to redline your car... i think should change engine oil at about 7k....
for semi-synthetic or mineral type engine oil.. its 5k.. but again if using engine flush... change et about 4+k...

hope it helps...

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 31, 2008, 11:51 PM

Post #38 of 46 (1944 views)
Shortcut

oh like tat kah... i use semi-synthetic, so i guess i'll keep on servicing every 5,000km lo, since the service center also recommended tat... engine flush or no engine flush, i duno wo... Blush thanks ya!

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 31, 2008, 11:54 PM

Post #39 of 46 (1938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... no problem... if u use engine flush... just make sure that you service the car earlier then 5k....

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Apr 1, 2008, 1:32 AM

Post #40 of 46 (1922 views)
Shortcut

i told you it will be a hit if u setup a thread regarding cars...hahaha...now it should be www.puppyncars.com...hahahaha

khengteik
ALPHA

Apr 1, 2008, 2:05 AM

Post #41 of 46 (1918 views)
Shortcut

hahahah
wait untill it is 100 pages then it would be a hit ler...
:p

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Apr 1, 2008, 2:15 AM

Post #42 of 46 (1913 views)
Shortcut

won't be longTongue

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 1, 2008, 5:20 AM

Post #43 of 46 (1898 views)
Shortcut

I agree with you, but for a normal car it is not that critical especially the ones that run around town. If it is for running cross country then yes, it is advisable to change.

khengteik
ALPHA

Apr 1, 2008, 6:09 AM

Post #44 of 46 (1896 views)
Shortcut

well alot of ppl think that way ler.... but to me... safety is more important than everything else.... that is y when i changed my engine, i made sure that the front disc brakes are changed to the one that is from the half cut... i even went hunting for rims that are offset outwards.... this is to get a wider wheelbase... i think if i'm not mistaken, there would be some strain on the tyres due to the offset and also the steering radius... but i prefer to be safe then sorry Frown

that is why i said to follow the information given by the tyre manufacturer.... this is because once the tyre is hard, the grip will be less and when it rains... its going to be a very slippery ride...

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 1, 2008, 8:09 PM

Post #45 of 46 (1859 views)
Shortcut

Yes, again you are right, if you transplant another engine it is only the right thing to upgrade to your new half cut spec as it is no more the original car, however the original issue was tyres and when should one replace them. Anyway, most spec from manufacturers are just reference points so to determine "when and what" has to be decided by end user.

khengteik
ALPHA

Apr 1, 2008, 8:47 PM

Post #46 of 46 (1851 views)
Shortcut

well..true enough that end users will decide themselves when to change the tyres.... just my opinion that tyres should not be on the car for too long... even though there are still thread on the tyres... this is because the rubber compound will get hard over the years... and when they are hardened... they will not provide sufficient grip for breaking and handling...

the reference points is given by the manufacturer as to how long the tyre will still be safe for use. and this is not regarding the amount of thread on the tyre... this is regarding the changes to the rubber compound over the years...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my