Cars and Technical Issues

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 2:47 AM

Post #1 of 46 (2575 views)
Shortcut
Cars and Technical Issues Can't Post

bakamono to reply ur question on the tires.... if i'm not mistaken, there is a lifespan of the tire

i think i was in goodyear's book that the lifespan of the tires is 10,000km or when the thread is down to 2mm from the groove... apparently, after some time, the tires will harden and then there will be no grip on the tires

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 28, 2008, 3:08 AM

Post #2 of 46 (2571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

talking about tyres...which brand is good for my kenari? i seldom drive for long distance, and i will prefer one which has the grip to the road...

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 4:16 AM

Post #3 of 46 (2563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

tyres ark.... difficult to say leh... if u dont use long distance... any normal tyres can d ler.... but try not to use falken.... not good for wet surface....

again this is more about driver's preferance... some good tyres like michelin very good grip and no sound at all... but wear and tear very high...

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 4:33 AM

Post #4 of 46 (2562 views)
Shortcut

oh and for the record... whatever i'm stating here is from my experience only.... they might be right and they might be wrong... so pls correct me if i'm wrong... Frown

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 28, 2008, 4:37 AM

Post #5 of 46 (2561 views)
Shortcut

hm...will be changing all 4 this coming may or june...the back two also have to change already...initially wanted to change the front 2 only...but the back 2 also must change already...perhaps will switch to dunlop.

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 6:22 AM

Post #6 of 46 (2556 views)
Shortcut

dunlop should be ok.... i used falken u2 before.... damn kau slippery... especially in the rain..... now using yokohama..... not sure the model cos my car is still at the mechanic place..... but according to them, its not bad... grip oso good... anyways, my tires i bought 2nd hand... :p 80% thread... 4 for 300... if u want, try to check out the marketplace in zerotohundered ..... there sometimes got super cheap things to buy... but also beware of con masters... :p

charleswong29
Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2008, 6:30 AM

Post #7 of 46 (2554 views)
Shortcut

my farther's car michelin tires cannot last till 10,000km, cus my stupid fat girl will go n bite it or eat it when she free.....haiz, toys also can KO in 3days........helpzzzzzzzzzzz

bakamono
Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2008, 3:34 PM

Post #8 of 46 (2537 views)
Shortcut

Tks for the info. At least now I know the lifespan of tyres. Being an old person whom hardly speed and go outstation, guess any type of tyres will be good enough but very takut to take chances on 2nd hand one since need to trvl to Bangi daily. As long as the doggies and the family are safe and comfortable in the car is good enough for me.

Thanks again!

boco

Mar 28, 2008, 5:33 PM

Post #9 of 46 (2526 views)
Shortcut

Isn't this a dog and puppy portal??!

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 5:39 PM

Post #10 of 46 (2523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charleswong29] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

well to prevent dog from biting some selected stuff that cannot be avoided, i think there is a way.... i'm not sure what they use... but its a liquid thinggie that you spray on.... i'm not sure what is it though... cant seem to remember where i heard/saw it before....

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 5:43 PM

Post #11 of 46 (2518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boco] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

yes it is..... but since "Chit Chat" is "A place to talk about whatever is on your mind.", i guess its ok for us to talk about other things apart from dogs here as long as we do it in a proper manner.... but if the moderator thinks its not fit to be talking about cars here... by all means send me an email and delete this thread...
Frown

(This post was edited by khengteik on Mar 28, 2008, 5:44 PM)

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 7:57 PM

Post #12 of 46 (2501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

well you can check with the manufacturer of the tyres... as far as i can remember the only tyre manual that i have seen before is by Dunlop.. and they have all the specs of the tyre including how much of air pressure is needed, what is over inflation or under inflation.... chamber settings.... how to diffrentiate between + and - chamber settings.. etc etc....

i cannot really remember but i think the lifespan of a tyre is either 10,000km or 2 years or when the groove is less then 2mm whichever comes first... usually mine go botak before i hit 10,000 km or 2 yrs... Frown

myzanordin
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 8:01 PM

Post #13 of 46 (2498 views)
Shortcut

ha?tyre can buy 2nd hand? That's new for me...where and how do we know..its still usable?

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 28, 2008, 8:18 PM

Post #14 of 46 (2494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boco] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

this is the chit chat forum la...anything also can talk one...

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 28, 2008, 8:20 PM

Post #15 of 46 (2493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

normally those second hand ones will cost around rm 100 cheaper...depending on the size and types of your preference...most can be used for half a year if you seldom go for long distance...it also depends on your luck...sometimes it had only been used by the previous owner for weeks...but some maybe almost a year or so...Smile

myzanordin
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 8:39 PM

Post #16 of 46 (2491 views)
Shortcut

Its called the dogs/cats repellent. So stinko ! it smells like pepijat. I have tried on my cats and dogs, its doesnt work lar.....spray on sofa, my sofa dah hancur and dah buang also...

myzanordin
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 8:44 PM

Post #17 of 46 (2490 views)
Shortcut

Bakamono,

My staff told me that we can measure the 'bunga' of tyre with a coin. Put the coin in between the 'bunga'..if the whole coin appears that its time to change. If it covers half of coin, meaning 'bunga' still there and the grip is still kuat...

bakamono
Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2008, 8:59 PM

Post #18 of 46 (2485 views)
Shortcut

that one tak jadi one. after a while they'll get use to the smell. since ours are all in house, was spraying around but now all my wooden door frames gone oledi. now thinking of wrapping the frames with aluminium type but must have the time to measure them out b4 buying and start all the DIY again. Leather sofa all gone n got ourselves wooden one and need to repaint it once in a while bcoz their nails scratches while jumping up and down the chair. Just finished filling up all the cement walls and repainted the whole house not too long ago n am waiting for the nxt holiday to start doing repair work in the house again. What an enjoyable life!

bakamono
Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2008, 9:01 PM

Post #19 of 46 (2484 views)
Shortcut

ask yr staff berapa sen coin lah. 5 sen one much smaller than the 50 sen one leh.

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 9:31 PM

Post #20 of 46 (2480 views)
Shortcut

yes... tyres got 2nd hand ones... some are from japan too... cos they follow the half cut on the car.... can buy from half cut shop or a few other shops around town that sells 2nd hand sport rims from japan....

its quite hard to judge the quality of those tyres as some might have 80% of thread on them but might have been stored for a long time.... most people that i know that buy from these shops are people who likes to go to Sepang to test out their cars on the track and also drifters... so far, most of them say that the tyres that are from japan are quite good... but then they only use for one time only... but if you are planning to use it for daily drives... so its quite difficult to judge how long they will last...

however, u can try to check at zerotohundered 's marketplace forum... there got quite alot of 2nd hand stuff for sale... some are sold by individuals... some are sold by shops... but pls beware for con-mens....

as for the use of coin to check the thread on the tyre, use a 20cents coin... there is a groove on the outer part of the coin... if u put the coin into the groove of the tyre's thread and u can see the groove of the coin... then its time to change.... which means that the tyre should be changed when there is still about 2mm of protrusion of the thread.... this is because when the car sits on the wheel, this 2mm protrusion will be no more due to the weight of the car.

khengteik
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 9:38 PM

Post #21 of 46 (2479 views)
Shortcut

what you say is quite true... i got mine for 300 for all 4 tyres... which is quite cheap because there is still about 80% thread and that tyre will cost roughly around 155 - 190 per pc...

but then again... pls do not just buy the tyre cos there is still alot of thread on the tyre... make sure that that tyre is not stored for more then 6 months... becaus if used tyres are not used.. they can become harden and then wear and tear will be very fast and also not much grip

myzanordin
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 10:18 PM

Post #22 of 46 (2471 views)
Shortcut

he he ...50 cent

dove
Dog Kichi

Mar 29, 2008, 2:20 AM

Post #23 of 46 (2443 views)
Shortcut

100% support michelin...am using them.

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 29, 2008, 2:25 AM

Post #24 of 46 (2441 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dove] Cars and Technical Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

michelin very expensive eh...Unsure

dove
Dog Kichi

Mar 29, 2008, 2:44 AM

Post #25 of 46 (2439 views)
Shortcut

the 2nd hand ones are in fact very new sometimes... exp those new car owners who decided to upgrade their tyres..

so they trade in to the tyre shop lor.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my