Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
play pen

k33pcool
Novice

Mar 25, 2008, 5:32 AM

Post #1 of 4 (10660 views)
Shortcut
play pen Can't Post

Hi, juz want to ask, any of u guys use play pens? What is the purpose of using playpen? Isn't this making it harder to housebreak the pup?

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 26, 2008, 11:08 AM

Post #2 of 4 (10566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [k33pcool] play pen [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there! Well, most people will use playpens to restrict their dogs or pups from going every elsewhere. Sometimes they use play pen to toilet train. Most people will only use playpens for their pups becoz they don't want them to walk everywhere & then kena pijak. And then they also do their business all over the place so the owners don't want that...

chewie
New User

Mar 27, 2008, 3:08 AM

Post #3 of 4 (10525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [k33pcool] play pen [In reply to] Can't Post

I used the play pen to keep my pup from destructing my home when I'm away at work.

I don't think this makes it harder to housebreak the pup. In fact, I think it helps because it helps limit the places that your pup might soil 'other' than the toilet. E.g. When your pup poops and pees everywhere, at least the the accident area is limited to only what's within the play pen, and not like hidden mine fields all over your house.

It also limits the things your pup might chew on.

Good luck house-breaking your pup!

carinmanfong
Enthusiast

Apr 4, 2008, 2:24 PM

Post #4 of 4 (9479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chewie] play pen [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I used the play pen to keep my pup from destructing my home when I'm away at work.

I don't think this makes it harder to housebreak the pup. In fact, I think it helps because it helps limit the places that your pup might soil 'other' than the toilet. E.g. When your pup poops and pees everywhere, at least the the accident area is limited to only what's within the play pen, and not like hidden mine fields all over your house.

It also limits the things your pup might chew on.

Good luck house-breaking your pup!

Same to me. i keep my dog in the play pen when im away. but i didnt use play pen to house break my dog, i paper trained him. the play pen was bought bcoz i found the cage is too small for my dog.Wink
**A pet is a LIFE TIME commitment..**

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my