Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Current Dog Related Issues and News:
my dog suffering while boarding at petshop

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

shalmay

Mar 17, 2008, 1:03 AM

Post #1 of 79 (9921 views)
Shortcut
my dog suffering while boarding at petshop Can't Post

i have to spend 1 month time to accompany my husband at dubai.. he is working there..

then of course my dog have to boarding at petshop.. actually there is a grooming shop.. at equine park, sri kembangan there..

boarding 1 month there, of course i think this shop is the best place to stay, because the boss there quite nice.. my dog got boarding there before for few times, but each time just 2 to 4 days experience..

but.. this time, just 1 week boarding there, she called me.. she said my dog cough and throat pain.. oh my god.. why my dog suddenly got sicked.. then she said can help me take him to vet.. after vet, vet said throat pain caused of pulling him by collar leash too hard, n get injured!!! wah, everyday i taking him out pee poo with the leash for 2 years already, also nothing problem.. n he is always so healthy.. now just staying 1 week there then got throat pain n injured.. so weird.. the vet said, might be pulling too hard on his neck, but it just happened while boarding there, so who did itMad? the boss there told me before that she got take him out for pee poo, and her shop is at upstairs, and my dog very scared to climb and get dowm from stairs.. so who did itMad? and what happened there? and asked me to buy a new harness for him, cost again..

i'm so angry.. i asked my best friend check it out and take my dog home.. and found that, whole 4 legs, ass part all injured.. the injured part, red and bengkak... who did itMad? my dog get injured, why not tell me earlier? and only told me when my friend come to take him home.. the boss told me just the enviroment caused it, no problem one.. but my best friend checked it and found that is skin problem.. might be cause of dirty.. the cage is dirty.. my god... a healthy and clean dog, after boarding 2 weeks there, and got skin problem and injured.. my god.. luckily my best friend helped me.. if not, i really not dare to think when i take my dog home after 1 month boarding there..

my best friend said, the boss there just feed him once a day, and just feed little.. because wanna diet my dog, i knew it, but i agreed that can feed less, but keep it for 2 times a day, as usual i feed at home.. but she didn'tMad

now my best friend helping me take care my dog at my house.. taking him walk walk, feed him, and also vaccum and clean my house.. i feel more secure that my dog can living good at home now.. pay for suffering at there, better i pay for my best friend at home..

still many parts of the legs and ass get injured, but here just allowed me upload few photo.. ai.. pity la, my dog..
Attachments: hand2.JPG (196 KB)
  hand.JPG (202 KB)
  not yummy drumstick.JPG (208 KB)

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 17, 2008, 4:15 AM

Post #2 of 79 (9913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shalmay] my dog suffering while boarding at petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

sigh...sad after reading it...so you've learnt your lesson...next time perhaps you should consider boarding at your friend's place, or if it's troublesome, board it at a vet's place...at least there is always a vet around in case anything happens...Unimpressed

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 17, 2008, 6:28 AM

Post #3 of 79 (9894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shalmay] my dog suffering while boarding at petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

poor poor doggie...

actually, if your best friend can take care for you, you better ask your best friend to take care.. you can pay him/her like the petshop rate.. I think if you beg your best friend, he/she will do it for you...

so, don't send your furkid to those petshop for boarding purposes..

by the way, why not we set up a group.. help each other, when you're not around, can send to one of the member; meanwhile when other member is busy, you can help and take care.. Just a suggestion..

shalmay

Mar 17, 2008, 9:01 AM

Post #4 of 79 (9877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] my dog suffering while boarding at petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

wow.. you have a very good suggestion

we can really think about it, because we are really worry to send our furkid for boarding when we not around with them.. worry they will get injury, worry they will kena attack by others dog, worry they will get sick or virus there.. and of cause worry the case lhappened like me now..

too bad, i'm still at dubai now.. still can't complaint the grooming shop right now.. but 2 weeks later, when i back to kl, i will print the photo as prove and complaint the boss there.. because i'm too angryMad

boco

Mar 17, 2008, 5:49 PM

Post #5 of 79 (9823 views)
Shortcut

that's the headache part when we've furkids and we need to be away from home...i don't trust pet hotel/boarding...it's like sending them to prison!

PSY
K9 Kaki

Mar 17, 2008, 7:48 PM

Post #6 of 79 (9808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] my dog suffering while boarding at petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

A very good idea but have you consider, catching parvo, got mated accidentally or other sickness that may lead to death, who will be responsible. If a pet shop you can just not go to them again or just condemn them in the tabloids but if it is within a group of friends........ well it is just going to be very difficult. Secondly, how you percieve is the correct way to treat a dog may be different with another owner as one can see from postings in this forum so another hurdle one needs to lokk at. A very difficult issue.

shalmay

Mar 17, 2008, 11:18 PM

Post #7 of 79 (9775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] my dog suffering while boarding at petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm.. abit difficult..

but as my case now, i trust my best friend, and she always visited me and my dog, played with him.. so today i can just asked her to take care my dog at my house.. just passed her the house key, also a car key.. and of course, she so familiar my house enviroment.. Cool of course i got think about the sickness or other issue happen when she taking care my dog.. so i contact her very often, and she will let me know when need something or anything happen.. she took my dog back from the grooming shop on that day, of course she also can take my dog to vet when he get sick.. just keep the receipt to claim back with me.. she is my best best friend for 11 years friendship, also a dog lover..

now my dog can stay at home happily and comfortable, and clean.. although me at oversea now..

annatandy
Novice

Mar 18, 2008, 2:57 AM

Post #8 of 79 (9740 views)
Shortcut

So sorry to hear of your disaster. The trouble with these boarding homes is that they are only cages, and no walks. I offer a home boarding service so call me anna 0176885443

PSY
K9 Kaki

Mar 18, 2008, 5:11 AM

Post #9 of 79 (9718 views)
Shortcut

I, too would suggest what you are doing now, get a good friend to help you out, what ever happens it happen at your house so the chances of nothing is going to happen is good. If you take a step back and look at the scenario as a whole. dogs do not get sick by itself it is usually contributed by us, the owners, left the gate open, pest control did their job and the dogs were let off too soon etc, etc. well just have to take a little more care, anyway take care and have fun.

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 18, 2008, 6:23 AM

Post #10 of 79 (9703 views)
Shortcut

yeah... what you'd mention is true.. sigh..

actually, why I come across with this idea is because before I have this lab (now she's 7 months old already.. :)), my neighbour will feed my dog(I have another senior dog) when I'm not around. Then, there was once when I went for out station (for 3 days) and come back early .. when my dog saw me, she's so happy and she got hungry look.. liked 2 days didn't eat any food.. we were sad to find this out.. cause we did prepare food for my dog and let her keep in her house.. so, she could just come over and feed her when she fed her own dog ( she got a 7 year old dog too).. but, I didn't know whether she forgot to feed my dog or what.. but, my dog did suffer when I was away.. so, now will try my best to stay at home.. or leave someone at home when I am away.

shalmay

Mar 18, 2008, 6:26 AM

Post #11 of 79 (9702 views)
Shortcut

thanks for your advised and concerned..Smile

for now, i just know that my dog is staying very healthy and comfortable as i take care of him at home..

thanks for my best friend, she helped my baby from the hell back to home..

shalmay

Mar 18, 2008, 8:56 AM

Post #12 of 79 (9677 views)
Shortcut

don't be sad, mickey123

what we can do is try our best to protect our fur kid..

just the headache problem is when we are not around to take care of them..

i have a best friend can take care for me now.. and hope you can find someone that you trust and take care of your fur kid too..Smile

after my fur kid had the bad experienced from that boarding, i really think about to make a plan that provide home caring for fur kids.. offer a "trust & responsible" service for my friends around..

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 18, 2008, 8:38 PM

Post #13 of 79 (9553 views)
Shortcut

do consider boarding at a more reliable place or friend ya...hahaha...

shalmay

Mar 18, 2008, 11:23 PM

Post #14 of 79 (9528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] my dog suffering while boarding at petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

yayaya... i agree

because when anything happen to our fur kid while boarding at petshop/grooming shop... they won't take any responsible... and just know how to push back all the responsible to the owner...

at the last, have to pay and get suffering lo Mad

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2008, 2:06 AM

Post #15 of 79 (9501 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
don't be sad, mickey123

what we can do is try our best to protect our fur kid..

just the headache problem is when we are not around to take care of them..

i have a best friend can take care for me now.. and hope you can find someone that you trust and take care of your fur kid too..Smile

after my fur kid had the bad experienced from that boarding, i really think about to make a plan that provide home caring for fur kids.. offer a "trust & responsible" service for my friends around..

yeah.. hope that I can find someone to take care while I'm away.. Pirate

you're so lucky that you got your best friend.

so far, my friends don't really like dog.. :) so, can not be trusted..

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 19, 2008, 2:40 AM

Post #16 of 79 (9490 views)
Shortcut

actually as i said earlier, boarding at a reliable vet's place is really advisable...at least there is a VET there...hahaWink

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2008, 5:07 AM

Post #17 of 79 (9475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] my dog suffering while boarding at petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

well, I don't really agree with you.. cause when I went to Vet for my furkid's vaccination, I saw lots of dog boarding there.. I don't know whether those dogs were sick dog or healthy dog.. but, all of them were kept in the small cage.. some of them cry non-stop, the Vet didn't even go and have a look.. so, boarding at the Vet's place is not reliable too..

shalmay

Mar 19, 2008, 6:55 AM

Post #18 of 79 (9464 views)
Shortcut

yaya.. i also not agree.. and sorry misundertand ur meaning..

vet there is a place to cure sickness fur kids wo.. not dangerous? my fur kid tried once before boarding at the vet shop, then he kena ticks.. now kena tortured at grooming boarding shop.. so sad

but i know still got alot ppl send their fur kids to those shops.. because they are lucky to meet a nice shop there.. not like me Frown

anyway, start now.. my fur kid only let my best fren to take care when i'm not around.. because i know my baby is staying safety, happily and comfortable at home now Smile

shalmay

Mar 19, 2008, 9:05 AM

Post #19 of 79 (9452 views)
Shortcut

where u stay? maybe we can go for a morning walk with our fur kids in 1 day.. my baby also is labrador, he is almost 2 years old nowBlush

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 20, 2008, 5:39 AM

Post #20 of 79 (9398 views)
Shortcut

well, I'm staying in Ipoh .. you're in KL right??

my furkid is only 7 months plus.. still very playful and naughty.. but, she's improving everyday. .:) just that still give us headache sometimes. :) by the way, may be next month my uncle from Kelantan is going to give us a 2 year old black female lab.. so, I'll have 2 lab later.. now, I'm a bit worried that my 7 month furkid can't accept new comers.. cause right now she'll attack my another senior dog whenever she goes near us.. she gets jealous easily.. sigh.. hope that when this 2 year old lab come, they can stay together without any problem... Unsure

shalmay

Mar 20, 2008, 11:45 PM

Post #21 of 79 (9384 views)
Shortcut

take it easy.. she is still a puppy.. it's normal that she is active and naughty.. my lab too, although he is almost 2 years old now.. Blush

so nice to have 2 labs.. they can play together and won't feel boring.. hmm.. she feels jealous easily maybe she is try to protect herself and you.. haha.. when giving snack or meal, try give to both in same time, i think she won't feel that u sayang other more..

for my fur kid, when he got new friends, he don't want me anymore.. treat me as stranger and will follow his friends away..Crazy

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 21, 2008, 12:38 AM

Post #22 of 79 (9378 views)
Shortcut

well, when we give treat that time.. we give them at the same time.. still, this black lab will be jealous .. sigh..

may be she feels that we love her more?? ahahha.. cause she's staying inside the house while the senior dog is outside the house.. but, she'll be shifting to outside after we finish renovate the house.. for sure she'll be crying for a few nights.. Pirate

shalmay

Mar 21, 2008, 11:42 PM

Post #23 of 79 (9350 views)
Shortcut

ic.. suddenly have to stay outside, sure feeling sad lo.. then u have to sayang her much after move in ur house..

my fur kid also staying inside, sometimes also ignored him to stay outside caused of doing something wrong.. he will feel sad too.. but just ignored him for few minutes only.. haha..

don'y worry ya, ur lab still a young puppy.. when she is growing up, she will be more steady Smile

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 22, 2008, 2:41 AM

Post #24 of 79 (9335 views)
Shortcut

yeah.. but, will see what we can do.. by the way, she only will sleep outside.. when we're at home, she'll be in the house. .:)

today, she's so well behave that my mom praise her.. hahahah.. these few days, my mom and I cough badly.. especially my mom, can't sleep at night.. so, when I went out to work, my mom told her. ˇ§Please be a good girl, let me sleep. If you choose to be a naughty girl, you'll be locked in the crate.ˇ¨ Surprisingly, she slept with my mom in the living room for the whole day.. when my mom cough, she'll go to "kiss" her.. like "sayang" her.. hahahah.. my mom said it's so touching.. :) so, she's actually improving everyday.. :)

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 22, 2008, 3:57 AM

Post #25 of 79 (9314 views)
Shortcut

haha...that's why i said look for a RELIABLE vet lo...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my