Home: Behavioral Problems: Eating Poo & Licking Pee:
Help me ! My German Shepherd eating poo

SaiJana
Novice

Mar 7, 2008, 4:53 PM

Post #1 of 2 (25620 views)
Shortcut
Help me ! My German Shepherd eating poo Can't Post

My German Shepherd puppy eating poo, the problem im having now is, train him to pooing out side of the house, if i bring him out of house for pooing, he wont poo there. Although i have tried to wait for an hour. Can anyone guide me how to train this fellow to pooing out side of the house.

DreamL6
Novice

Mar 7, 2008, 7:21 PM

Post #2 of 2 (25611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SaiJana] Help me ! My German Shepherd eating poo [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

well, when i trained my pom to poo in the toilet, i'll continuously take her to the "right" spot and hang out with her for a while, if she does her business, i'll praise and hug her, then clean her paws. when she does it at the "wrong" places, i'll scold and pick up the poo and place it at the right spot. after a while, she got the idea and can now go on her own.... then she started to eat her poo.... he he he, then i had to watch her closely, praise her if she doean't ouch it and scold her if she even tries to sniff it.

not sure bout taking your dog outside to do poo is a good idea though... read elsewhere in the forum that some dos go missing or get stolen if they are outside on their own.....

good luck!Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my