Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
any other ways to clean a pup's ears?

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Feb 29, 2008, 8:32 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1685 views)
Shortcut
any other ways to clean a pup's ears? Can't Post

i have a 3 months old golden retriever...there are ear wax which are black in colour when i got it from the person...i tried to use the liquid formula and the cotton bud but then it doesnt do the job...any other ways in doing so?

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 1, 2008, 6:17 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] any other ways to clean a pup's ears? [In reply to] Can't Post

You can go to the vet and ask for this product "Aurizon" from Vetoquinol.

Wat you do is clean the ear as usual using ear cleaner. Then put the "Aurizon" into your dog ear canal and slowly press the liquid out inside your dog ear canal & rub it. Leave it till the next morning & clean the ear again then put the "Aurizon". Repeat this for few time. You will see result in 2 days time.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 4, 2008, 11:38 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1645 views)
Shortcut

It's ear infection. No need to panic too much. Just go to the vet & get some ointment. Cleaning the ear won;t do the job. Both ears should be cleaned thoroughly meaning, dig deep inside (not to worry, the ear is shaped like an L so no matter how deep you dig, it will not hurt the ear drum) about twice a day until totally clean & then apply the ear ointment. That helps to cure the ear very fast within 10 days. If your pup scratched the ear all the time, make sure it wears an e-collar so that she doesn't make her ears bleed.

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 4, 2008, 7:29 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1633 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] any other ways to clean a pup's ears? [In reply to] Can't Post

ic...will do...thanks for all your advice...will let u all know the result and how it comes out...thanks again!GB!Wink

shapeshifter

Mar 25, 2008, 7:12 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1539 views)
Shortcut

Might not be an ear infection.

Could be ear mites.

Take the pup to the vet & have the vet check (they'll look under the microscope).

MY GR puppy had it,too, when I brought her home from the breeder.

Treated it with some tick-mite meds, and she's fine now.
~ A dog is the only one who will love you more than you love yourself~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my