Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Humping Problem:
my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

dannywhittick
Novice

Jun 5, 2003, 5:28 AM

Post #1 of 83 (8302 views)
Shortcut
my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! Can't Post

Hi all i just wanted to post this and see if anyone else has the same problem as me!! Is is normal for my dog to mount absolutly everything its horrible i find his marks all over my house, I spoke to the vets and he gave me a spray to put all over the house but that didnt work..... Please Please help me i really cant clean up any more.....
thanx
Danny xxxx

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jun 5, 2003, 4:17 PM

Post #2 of 83 (8272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dannywhittick] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,
Have you considered to neuter him?

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 11, 2003, 6:47 PM

Post #3 of 83 (8231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dannywhittick] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hhmmpphh.. you may try this, but it's really up to you. Jaz (my silky) use to have that habit as well, I suppose it's in their nature to do so, but every time she does it, I'll say "NO" loudly or smack her butt or push her away... NOW, every time she attempts to do so, when we say "NO" she stops immediately, otherwise, she knows very well that we'll start rolling up the newspaper and hit her butt if she doesn’t' stop!

dannywhittick
Novice

Jun 12, 2003, 6:47 AM

Post #4 of 83 (8219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Thanx Jaz for ur reply,i think that i will definatley try what u said its my only option, i might feel alttle cruel though but i suppose that i have to say him that im boss give me couple of weeks and i will keep every one posted whether ur suggestion works or not... keeo ur fingers crossed for me. THANX Cool
thanx
Danny xxxx

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 4:25 PM

Post #5 of 83 (8213 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, you might think that it's a little cruel or heavy hearted to smack your dog, but think of it in the long run, give them a smack they'll remember hard enough, the problem will go away Laugh.

ckbeep

Jun 12, 2003, 11:15 PM

Post #6 of 83 (8200 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

My 7 months Shih Tzu is the same... but he only mounted on soft things Blush. You get what i mean? When it first started, it will go for all... even my legs... oh man...Crazy. Then slowly.. he began to look for the better option. I guess. So the only thing i do is to keep all the "soft" things away from his reach. I tried to spank him but come on... it's their nature !!! So i jut keep the things away from him.. but sometimes he will jump up to my bed and do it on the bolster !!! Pirate . (hmm... guess i should spank him)

CkBeep

joycet78

Jun 13, 2003, 1:51 AM

Post #7 of 83 (8195 views)
Shortcut

Hi danny,

Read somewhere sometimes they do to attact attention- your doggie wants attention-lah! try to take him out for walk or play catch/ hide and seek... a tired dog is a happy dog!!Wink
JT78

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jun 13, 2003, 6:43 AM

Post #8 of 83 (8195 views)
Shortcut

Hie, dog mounting is normal and they are just showing their dominance over us. Therefore we should not encourage them to do so. Just stare at them and sternly say NO. That will doSmile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 13, 2003, 5:01 PM

Post #9 of 83 (8188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

err...when u guys saw do it on ur legs and bolster and all that, do you mean they hump it?

My first dog didn't hump on our legs or anything but he licked himself 'there' a lot and he'll start like 'air humping' BlushBlush And then he licks himself clean....Crazy And he did it VERY often CrazyMad

My current puppy is only 4 months old and although he hasn't started 'air humping' yet he's starting to smell & lick at that part often now.

Izzit normal for male dogs to be like that? Or izzit because they are virgin doggies?? hehe...is that how u call them? Laugh

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 13, 2003, 11:05 PM

Post #10 of 83 (8179 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah! Michelle, your description very 'chim' ahahhaha!! but in any case, this is not a very good sign as they are showing dominance over you, you see. Try to say "NO" and push them away from that bad habit... not very nice especially if you have guest in the house! ha! ha!

dannywhittick
Novice

Jun 14, 2003, 3:52 AM

Post #11 of 83 (8173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink HI, I JUST WANTED TO THANK ALL OR YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS, YOUR SUGGESTIONS WILL KEEP ME BUSY FOR SOME TIME. WELL I'LL LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE ONE OF THEM HAS GOT TO WORK(I HOPE) Crazy, I DONT KNOW WHAT I WILL DO IF HE STARTS ON MY LEG THAT WOULD BE BADFrown. ANYWAY THANX AGAIN.XXWink
thanx
Danny xxxx

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 15, 2003, 2:50 AM

Post #12 of 83 (8163 views)
Shortcut

Hey, no worries, as long as it works and helped, we'll be happy for you!Sly

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 16, 2003, 12:06 AM

Post #13 of 83 (8159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey guys,

Mocha did the humping thingy once in my bf's house and after that.... it sorta dissapear....wonder what happen ??? BlushBlushCrazyCrazyCrazy

cheers,
minglmy

(This post was edited by minglmy on Jun 16, 2003, 12:07 AM)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 16, 2003, 5:30 PM

Post #14 of 83 (8151 views)
Shortcut

hey Lisa...I'm trying that out now. Each time I see him trying to lick himself there I'll roll up the newspaper and whack on the floor and say NO. hehe...Tongue But now he takes it as a challenge and loves to challenge me by licking it when he thinks I'm not looking!! Crazy He knows it's wrong but it seems like he does it on purpose just to get my attention and if dogs could stick their tongues out and make a face...I'm sure he was doing just that Cool

nathalie
Doggyman

Jun 27, 2003, 4:48 AM

Post #15 of 83 (8109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileI totally agree with Jaz, just raise your voice and they'll stop it. My dog has been doing it for 3 years and i was kind of worried coz he's thina and very underweight for his frame...only 3.2kg and i consulted the vet. He said it's NOT HARMFUL. your doggie may only lose some energy...won't shorten it's life nor make him sick so don't worry Danny

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jun 30, 2003, 8:51 PM

Post #16 of 83 (8097 views)
Shortcut

Hi Danny ...

I think this is rather normal especially for male dogs. My mom's house has 4 males. It's either they'll do it on pillow, grab human leg, climb on each other and etc.... Mine will just do it by standing beside my female maltese .. and smelling her. ha..ha....

Regards,
Swee Eng

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 29, 2003, 10:16 AM

Post #17 of 83 (8009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

my harvey is always "steaming" away alot lately too

n always grabs my mini popeye by the rear n humps...

i keep pushing him away n tell him NO.. but he just cant stop trying to "sodomise"y poor popeye leh.. is it just a phase?

how to overcome this prob leh? pity my little one ony.. sigh

UnsureUnsure

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 29, 2003, 5:38 PM

Post #18 of 83 (8004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

ha..ha..h.a.. it's really funny. ... no solution for your problem. .. cos i'm trying to find a solution myself. Maybe by spaying them, things will be different. You know ... my small maltese which need only to smell the female, he'll hump beside her. Then if 3/4% to almost done, you can't stop him no matter what. Even if you take away the female, he'll still hump and finish the balance 1/4%. Gila one, la...

Regards,
Swee Eng

Teddy
Novice

Jul 29, 2003, 10:53 PM

Post #19 of 83 (7998 views)
Shortcut

Even my 1 1/2 yr old Teddy - mix terrier humps my niece's legs. He won't let go even how much I scold or spank him! He only picks on my 8 yr old niece. Don't know why? But it's quite funny.... Teddy's daddy thinks that we should get a female for him to mate with... Do you think tht's wise?

Teddy's mummy

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 29, 2003, 11:32 PM

Post #20 of 83 (7995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

heeheee heee.. u mean he will just "do it" even after u pull him out? against wat??? u must tape it down lo.. kakaaa..
LaughSly

sigh.. if we dont spay them, they will stop masterbating after sometime onot?? or still horny till the end leh???

Blush

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 29, 2003, 11:35 PM

Post #21 of 83 (7994 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Teddy] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi teddy....
i had tat experience with a dog called bobby when i was young too..
he'd run from across the street when i pass by n starts grabbing my leg n hump..
eeeeuuuuuuwwwwwww
UnsurePirate

n no matter how hard i tried.. he wont let go or chase after me.....
i think its cos they can smell hormones fr our body....

Unimpressed

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 30, 2003, 6:09 PM

Post #22 of 83 (7984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

he doesn't have to get 'lock' with the female. He jes need to stand beside n smell her... funny huh?!

Anyway....all female dog owners... don't think you're lucky cos females do hump too..,.. after a certain age. When I first got only 1 female, that fella, will climb up my bed and hump on me. When I hide myself under the blanket, she'll try pull the blanket away to get to me. It's rather funny and weird experience though...

Regards,
Sweeeng

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 30, 2003, 9:47 PM

Post #23 of 83 (7979 views)
Shortcut

I have read it somewhere in the forum that if your dog (male or female) started to hump on the owner it means to show that they are more dominant than the owner. I'm not sure if this is true or not...

cheers,
minglmy

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 5:43 PM

Post #24 of 83 (7969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] my dog womt stop masterbating over everything!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't know ler.... but then when my female dog did it on me and trying to pull away the blanket from me, she's also laughing at me.... when I try to snatch back the blanket from her...

Anyway, I think I've just notice something with my 2 labs. Winnie is on heat but Labbie seem to want to hump on winnie... funny, huh?!

Regards,
Sweeeng

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 31, 2003, 11:37 PM

Post #25 of 83 (7964 views)
Shortcut

what a funny situation u have there !

cheers,
minglmy

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my