Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
need help...with white blood cell issue...

jason86
Novice

Feb 27, 2008, 8:43 AM

Post #1 of 6 (842 views)
Shortcut
need help...with white blood cell issue... Can't Post

helo all....currently i just bought a toy poodle....so i bring her go for 1st jab...then the vet noticed tat her white blood cell more than the red blood cell...when i heard tis,i just stunned there....i try to search more information bout this but cant find any...the vet told me tat it is normal because some puupy will hav tat too...but according to wat i had learnt in my biology class....more white blood cell can caused blood cancer because white blood can eat the red blood cell.i ' m very worry bout this.

can anyone who had experienced this before...oh ya...my toy poodle only 11 weeks.....

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 27, 2008, 3:05 PM

Post #2 of 6 (834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason86] need help...with white blood cell issue... [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm, white blood cells high shows a possibility of an infection somewhere. it is best that the dog is not vaccinated at this time. and if i'm not wrong your dog should be taking some mild antibiotics to stop the infection somewhere. then only it is fit to do the vaccine.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

jason86
Novice

Feb 27, 2008, 5:15 PM

Post #3 of 6 (830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] need help...with white blood cell issue... [In reply to] Can't Post

but the vet didint gave me any medicine....cos 1st time to vet...so not much thing i can ask there....too nerveous til forgot everything...cos the vet say tis is normal in puppy...izit true???

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 27, 2008, 5:31 PM

Post #4 of 6 (829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason86] need help...with white blood cell issue... [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm.. where are you staying? maybe i can recommend you to a better vet. I doubt it's normal in puppies. Basic things that need to do are vaccinations, deworming and also get details on heartworm prevention. i think receommended to start at bout 3-4 months old. Can't remember exactly. A good vet should tell u all this.

jason86
Novice

Feb 28, 2008, 5:40 AM

Post #5 of 6 (810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] need help...with white blood cell issue... [In reply to] Can't Post

me frm pj....cos i just bought yuki...now already 11 weeks but still not yet take jab...tat breeder nvr give her any jab....but since i saw yuki....my mind jus wan to buy...i dont care bout tat....

the vet do told me tat ned wait for few days before take the 1st jab..because he have to make sure tat the puppy is in healthy condition b4 take the jab.....

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 28, 2008, 6:18 AM

Post #6 of 6 (808 views)
Shortcut

i also am from PJ. May I know which vet you go to? And to be safe wait for a week before you give your pup a jab. Bath her before you take her for the jab cos she must not bath for a week after that. Go for 9 in 1 vaccination for extra protection. Most vets dun tell you but the extra 2 protection might actually save your dog's life. You can check the vaccine table under the vaccination topics. Be a responsible owner and spay her at 6 months old. It will keep her healthier in future.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my