Home: General: Chit Chat:
Malaysia Election Wishlist

animal_rights
Novice

Feb 25, 2008, 8:49 PM

Post #1 of 6 (891 views)
Shortcut
Malaysia Election Wishlist Can't Post

This is the best time for all NGOs, Independent pet rescuers, animal activists and lovers to come together and draw up a wishlist and present it to the running parties. Its time to change the rules and regulations on animals abuse - make it, demand for more humane ways of catching and reducing strays (lets not forget MPS infamous dog-catching competition) e.g. using net instead of the cruel noose & mobile klinik kembiri and maybe even making it compulsory to spay and neuter pets like California state. In the long run, it'll reduce the amount taxpayers' money the council have to spend to deal with the problem. It will also make our society a more civil one. What say you?

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 25, 2008, 9:43 PM

Post #2 of 6 (883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [animal_rights] Malaysia Election Wishlist [In reply to] Can't Post

agree... how do we do this? here're some of my wishes which i could think of for now:
  1. STOP shooting of stray dogs; use nets or catch poles which will not hurt the animals instead
  2. START catch-neuter-release programme for stray dogs n cats
  3. LIMIT the number of dogs n cats sold in pet shops; stricter licensing?
  4. PROMOTE neutering of pets; mobile klinik kembiri is good to reach the sub-urban area
  5. INCREASE fine/ penalty for animal abusers
  6. BETTER management of the pounds where caught strays are placed; eg. proper system where puppies are separated from the adult dogs, make sure dogs are fed daily n fresh water provided all the time, etc.

will add on when i have more wishes...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

animal_rights
Novice

Feb 25, 2008, 11:35 PM

Post #3 of 6 (864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Malaysia Election Wishlist [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, this should be headed by NGOs. For the rest of rakyat, make sure you make your wishlist known to your candidates. Let them know there is a group of us voters who also want the rights of the animals to be look into.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 26, 2008, 3:47 PM

Post #4 of 6 (835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [animal_rights] Malaysia Election Wishlist [In reply to] Can't Post

Am sure our voices will be heard.. Somebody's doing something lately.. I can hear from MIX fm some advice that chocolates are dangerous to dog and the best one from LIGHT FM encouraging and creating awareness on spaying and neutering.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

supermutts
K9 Senior

Feb 26, 2008, 7:19 PM

Post #5 of 6 (821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Malaysia Election Wishlist [In reply to] Can't Post

its a good idea, i think there are more dog owners in pj , subang....
they can come together and make this list,
my area seputeh is DAP stronghold, not sure if they care about animals,
a miracle if MCA can win seputeh.. mimpi...

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

animal_rights
Novice

Feb 26, 2008, 7:35 PM

Post #6 of 6 (814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Malaysia Election Wishlist [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Hi...

I think all of us should speak for those who can't speak for themselves. In my opinion, we have better chances with opposition than the current ruling party. After all, it is the current govt. that refused to amend the animals cruelty act and came up with the ridiculous dog-cathing competition.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my