black or white vinegar?

pingkey
Novice

Feb 21, 2008, 8:57 PM

Post #1 of 9 (16101 views)
Shortcut
black or white vinegar? Can't Post

hi,
i read somewhere in the forum where vinegar is used to get rid of the dog's poo and pee smell frm the floor so as to avoid
them from going back there to poo/pee. is this the white or black vinegar sold in shops? will the black vinegar stain the floor or
something?

pingkey
Novice

Feb 22, 2008, 9:32 PM

Post #2 of 9 (16076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pingkey] black or white vinegar? [In reply to] Can't Post

think i will reply to myself, haha but this is informative anyway. dogs' urine and poo contain ammonia, and white vinegar (look out
for the ingredients, buy the one that contains 100% acetic acid) contains acid, so they neutralize each other and hence the smell
is gone. i think lar, putting 2 and 2 together lar. dont crucify me if its not based on that chemical equation cos i was just
wondering why vinegar of all things. we tried it last night, cleaning the 'accidental' area with tissue dabbed with the vinegar. don
knw if it works yet.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 29, 2008, 8:39 AM

Post #3 of 9 (15953 views)
Shortcut

Yes, vinegar is sued to get rid of pee & poo smell but it also prevents the dog from doing it there again coz of the horrible strong sour acidic smell. Clothes bleach is also good to remove smell & it kinda like disinfects the floor but dog will do on the same spot again. I've not heard or seen any black vinegar before. Is there such one?

pingkey
Novice

Feb 29, 2008, 8:04 PM

Post #4 of 9 (15930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] black or white vinegar? [In reply to] Can't Post

got mar....black vinegar is the one we add into our sharkfins soup, isnt it?

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 29, 2008, 10:21 PM

Post #5 of 9 (15921 views)
Shortcut

Erm, I don't eat sharkfins soup... Isn't it cruel to eat sharkfins?

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Feb 29, 2008, 10:26 PM)

pingkey
Novice

Mar 1, 2008, 8:55 PM

Post #6 of 9 (15900 views)
Shortcut

well, even if you dont eat it, i'm sure u would have seen ppl eating it, and seen the vinegar they add to it, no?

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 2, 2008, 1:40 AM

Post #7 of 9 (15894 views)
Shortcut

Have not seen people eating shark fins soup yet but on tv yes...Ah, now I know which vinegar you're talking about! It's the Chinese black vinegar. But that one for food lah... You want to use for moping ah? Hehehe...

pingkey
Novice

Mar 3, 2008, 8:58 PM

Post #8 of 9 (15826 views)
Shortcut

thats why i was confused lor....later my floor starts smelling like some chinese restaurant...hahha...luckily the grocery shop let
me change my purchase to the white vinegar. and to some extent, it does work, u knw? i just dilute it with some water so its not
overly sour smelling and not so sticky.

ahmiau
Novice

Oct 12, 2008, 3:10 AM

Post #9 of 9 (9100 views)
Shortcut

Hi, i just had my toy poodle last week. I do using white vinegar to wipe away her poo and pee on living hall floor. It able to get rid the odour of pee or poo which left on the floor. Normally, after spray the white vinegar, i will spray the dettol (dilute with water) again. For your information, white vinegar able to break down the enzyme which contained inside their poo pee. This enzyme is the source which making the puppy recognize their own odour. It does work well......My Bebe (puppy), even pee or poo on the rugs on my living hall....my living hall got about 5 or 6 rugs on every entrance. So, 1st few times when washing all these rugs, i pour some white vinegar and dettol plus detergent into washing machine for the purpose getting off the odour of their poo pee. When i place the rugs back to original places, my Bebe doesnt pee poo on most of them since the smell of her pee poo gone except one of the rug which still contain her pee smell (i purposely didnt wash it for seeing the outcome by using white vinegar for washing the rugs). Currently, i still try hard to train her poo pee on newspaper. Maybe she still a baby (10 weeks old) so takes time. I am patience on that.....but my Bebe got no problem on other problem like barking or simply biting the stuffs at home. I am kinda sterm when come to training her. Hope my information able to give you some idea. Cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my