help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

tasha_87
Novice

Feb 14, 2008, 4:03 AM

Post #1 of 31 (13835 views)
Shortcut
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't Post

just adopted mongrel 4days back.....she is sweet, nice, cute but the problem is she is scared with lots of things, does not bark at all,and everytime when she see me, she wags her tail but stay put on her ped bed,does not move at all....and doesnt want to eat or drink,2 days back i used 2 put her in my room, but now, i put her outside, at her pet bed and dog house,but everytime i open the front door, she will run in and go straight 2 my room, im ok with that, i just wanted 2 noe how to make her eat? and b active and playful,i used to have dogs b4 but they never ever behave like spotty....any advice? she is 4 months old, she should b active rite? i noe that she mayb will b stress and scared coz its a new enviroment, but its been 4 days now.,....Crazy

animal lovers........

yeee
Canine Addict

Feb 14, 2008, 8:23 AM

Post #2 of 31 (13830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tasha_87] help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's just 4 days. Maybe you should give her some time.
My friend adopted a mongrel and it took her months to show her real picture.
At first she didn't bark at all and fear of everything. After a couple of months she eventually show the true color by becoming active and playful and a good watch dog.

Dogs are like human. They take time to be familiarize with other people and adapt to new environment.

tasha_87
Novice

Feb 14, 2008, 8:41 AM

Post #3 of 31 (13829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hehehehe, i noe, but is there any ways that i can make her eat?and drink?

animal lovers........

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2008, 6:22 PM

Post #4 of 31 (13818 views)
Shortcut

When they are stress, they refuse to eat or drink....just place the kibble and drinks..near to her. When she is 'kebulor' she will eat lar...Give her sme time...she just need a bit of trust & confidence and to familiarise to the new environment...

My mixed breed Pluto, is still behaving that way,when he is at an unfamiliar place...no eat! no drink ! and menyorok under a tiny place...and he is almost a year old....some dogs just have no confidence....be patient ok....

For now, try to lure her with food..like can food, or cooked chicken meat or treats...biscuits....if she use to be a stray...mab have to get use to eating kibble...Good luck and keep us updated

tasha_87
Novice

Feb 14, 2008, 7:46 PM

Post #5 of 31 (13817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yay.....she's eating, but rite now she calling me with her sad voice asking me to open the door, and when i did, she will room and and stay infront of my room's door....i think she still want to sleep in there, and not outside, huhuhuhu

animal lovers........

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2008, 7:52 PM

Post #6 of 31 (13814 views)
Shortcut

Not surprise! She just want to be pampered... My 15 kg, mongrel..sleep with me in my room. Put him outside my room (i am staying in apartment) ...and he will cry whole nite....Spoilt brat !!!!...he he he he...Tongue. Put up some pic of your new baby...

tasha_87
Novice

Feb 14, 2008, 8:09 PM

Post #7 of 31 (13812 views)
Shortcut

will do, later, she dont have "bulu" they took him to the vet, and the vet became sweeney todd and shave it all off..huhuhuLaugh

animal lovers........

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2008, 8:14 PM

Post #8 of 31 (13808 views)
Shortcut

oooh...in that case, pakaikan dia baju...she must be freezing without her fur..plus she is just a baby...only at nite lah...afternoon wheather too hot plak....

tasha_87
Novice

Feb 14, 2008, 8:21 PM

Post #9 of 31 (13807 views)
Shortcut

huhuhuhu...baked few cookies and home made treats 4 her,then my mum sew 4 her sum doggy clothes,huhuhu,will put her pic later, :P but i think mongerls r lil bit more manja and quite spoilt then the pure breed....huhuhu, shenoe's how 2 make my heart melt.....but her poopoo, omg,really,really,really smelly then all my previous dogs...u got3dogsat home izzit?

animal lovers........

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2008, 8:26 PM

Post #10 of 31 (13806 views)
Shortcut

Smelly..cos maybe before she ate unhealthy food or maybe sampah or other stuffs Yup ! I have 3 dogs and 3 very fat cats at home....

I am glad, u decide to adopt a dog....rather than buying one...many hmelss dogs especially mongrels need home out there......Good choice, proud of U!

tasha_87
Novice

Feb 14, 2008, 8:37 PM

Post #11 of 31 (13804 views)
Shortcut

huhu,actually, bought a husky b4, then my cousin "mengamuk" want it.....then my parents asked me to gave it to her, its just not fair
i give my parents few reason that the pup will b stress blablabla, then they still asked me to give it away....i just dont get it, im not stayin with them...so, i got no choice, then i think, if i adopt a mongrels, no 1 goin 2 take it away from me, and at least im giving a chance to have a family..that is me....., besides, she is cute..lol

animal lovers........

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2008, 8:51 PM

Post #12 of 31 (13801 views)
Shortcut

ahh..its ok..u have a cute dog with u,now. Pedigree or nt, for me I still love them whole heartedly...they are God's creation ....and they love me the same too...

Only in my case, my mongrel has very, very little self -confidence...he will kencing when he is excited or afraid. Will behave like a 'sakai' when we go smewer he is not familiar with (without me....lagi teruk !)...wont eat, wont drink & wont mve a bit from where he stands....maximum, 2 days.

Training is another painful affair. He will not let anyone guide him...except me. If the trainer hold the leash, he will cry like nak kena bunuh like that ...Phew.....he just dont trust us, human...

tasha_87
Novice

Feb 14, 2008, 8:57 PM

Post #13 of 31 (13800 views)
Shortcut

spotty will cry like kena bunuh as well.... only if she wants 2 come in the house, the straight to my room, then she dont go 2 her pet bed, but straight to my bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so spoilt.......

animal lovers........

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2008, 9:56 PM

Post #14 of 31 (13794 views)
Shortcut

Ha ha ..then u probably have to share the bed with soon-to-be 15 kg mongrel...that's quite a space though....

khengteik
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2008, 10:13 PM

Post #15 of 31 (13792 views)
Shortcut

hahahah... i'm kinda lucky cos my baby only about 9-10kgs.... and she'll choose where to sleep... first she will sleep on her bed.... then at nite when its colder... she will climb up my bed and sleep there.... Frown

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2008, 10:27 PM

Post #16 of 31 (13788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm..Pluto sleeps on his bed beside me. Basco and Brenda sleeps on my bed inside my blanket..or on my pillow or on my head. he he he ....though they have their so-called fabric dog kennel and basket for them.....they love to share my side of the bed....too pampered !!!

In fact, my kids dont know how sit /sleep on the floor Blush..they will go in circle finding at least a floor mat to sit/sleep on....so, its really susah when we go visiting...cos they are ppl who dont like to see a dog sitting/sharing their sofa.....so we told ourself, if they are bothered, we also not bothered to visit them....

Told them, my kids not dirty...indoor 24/7 plus bath on weekends.and we 'lap' their face, body, feet before going to bed.....but, who would believe us ....

yeee
Canine Addict

Feb 15, 2008, 1:28 AM

Post #17 of 31 (13772 views)
Shortcut

tasha, spotty is still a puppy that's why you found her cute. I hope you will still luv her when she grows up to be a big girl and later ah poh.

Do shower her with all your luv as she only have you in her life : )

I also have 4 mongrels with me. Each of them have different character and sometimes its so funny to sit down and look at how they pass time. Just this monday I picked up another one 4 months old puppy. Weight 7kg. So adorable.

tasha_87
Novice

Feb 15, 2008, 2:07 AM

Post #18 of 31 (13768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
tasha, spotty is still a puppy that's why you found her cute. I hope you will still luv her when she grows up to be a big girl and later ah poh.

Do shower her with all your luv as she only have you in her life : )

I also have 4 mongrels with me. Each of them have different character and sometimes its so funny to sit down and look at how they pass time. Just this monday I picked up another one 4 months old puppy. Weight 7kg. So adorable.

hey, spotty is 4months also..hehehehe... she got 6 lucky toes on both of her feet....dont worry..i'll luv her no matter what, everytime i called her spotty...she will acted but, but when i called her "buruk" or "busyuk" or "baby" she will come..so notty... just found out that she really uv the dog chicken stick treats, and she luv chicken, she wont eat any beef, fish or lamb flavour dog food....huhuhu..iwanna baked sum cookies 4 her...

animal lovers........

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 15, 2008, 8:18 AM

Post #19 of 31 (13764 views)
Shortcut

I think your dog is feeling very scared & insecure being outside for the very 1st time. It's like an alien place for her so give her some time... Outside in the porch has got lots of noises such as cars going driving pass, people walking, talking & then fireworks. Some dogs are very afraid of fireworks. If she tries to run into the house & into your room, do not allow her becoz your room is a security place for her & she feels safe in there. It's important that you don't pet her & talk softly to her saying, it's okay & so on with very soft tone becoz you're reinforcing this habit & infact, it's like you want her to be like that. Let her be on her own, let her be independent. There's nothing for her to be scared of. Nobody is harming her... Just tell her quite firmly with no petting, tell her, "Be a good girl, there's nothing to be afraid of." After awhile she'll be fine & she'll start eating & drinking on her own. She's bound to get hungry & thirsty some day right? A dog can go off without water for one week but can go off without food for one month. Try this & see how it goes.

tasha_87
Novice

Feb 15, 2008, 8:35 AM

Post #20 of 31 (13762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I think your dog is feeling very scared & insecure being outside for the very 1st time. It's like an alien place for her so give her some time... Outside in the porch has got lots of noises such as cars going driving pass, people walking, talking & then fireworks. Some dogs are very afraid of fireworks. If she tries to run into the house & into your room, do not allow her becoz your room is a security place for her & she feels safe in there. It's important that you don't pet her & talk softly to her saying, it's okay & so on with very soft tone becoz you're reinforcing this habit & infact, it's like you want her to be like that. Let her be on her own, let her be independent. There's nothing for her to be scared of. Nobody is harming her... Just tell her quite firmly with no petting, tell her, "Be a good girl, there's nothing to be afraid of." After awhile she'll be fine & she'll start eating & drinking on her own. She's bound to get hungry & thirsty some day right? A dog can go off without water for one week but can go off without food for one month. Try this & see how it goes.

hye dear..huhuhuhuhu

animal lovers........

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 15, 2008, 9:46 AM

Post #21 of 31 (13760 views)
Shortcut

What's so funny? Me give you advice lah...

tasha_87
Novice

Feb 15, 2008, 5:24 PM

Post #22 of 31 (13754 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
What's so funny? Me give you advice lah...

la..dont la b upset or anything.theres nothing funny bout it... its just that im like this..luv2 laugh,neways,thanks 4 ur advice.... Wink

animal lovers........

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 15, 2008, 11:33 PM

Post #23 of 31 (13741 views)
Shortcut

Oh I see...So how's your dog's progression?

tasha_87
Novice

Feb 16, 2008, 1:28 AM

Post #24 of 31 (13730 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Oh I see...So how's your dog's progression?

kinda ok,whinning abit coz wanna come in, but she start eating, drinking.....and today, she starts barking,...

animal lovers........

fartu
Dog Kichi

Feb 19, 2008, 2:43 AM

Post #25 of 31 (13641 views)
Shortcut

dear amber....

"A dog can go off without water for one week but can go off without food for one month. Try this & see how it goes. "

i have not known of any dog that can survive without water for more than 48 hour......could u kindly show me where u get this statistic? just afraid you r misleading the public here. also, according to our local council research, dogs, the most resilience one, died after not getting food for 3 weeks.(mongruel) how they know it? bcos they didnt feed them.

no offense ok?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my