Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
accidently ate the dry grapes bread

josephine_kon
New User

Feb 16, 2008, 5:26 PM

Post #1 of 11 (2781 views)
Shortcut
accidently ate the dry grapes bread Can't Post

hi, my golden retriever is a hyperactive dog, she very curious the foods on my dining table....she ate 3 pcs bread which contain a bit dry grapes inside & spoiled the plastic bag while i walk to the kitchen. now i quite worry about her! give me some advise. thx. Frown

supermutts
K9 Senior

Feb 16, 2008, 10:08 PM

Post #2 of 11 (2777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [josephine_kon] accidently ate the dry grapes bread [In reply to] Can't Post

should be ok la, dun worry too much except if ur dog ate a few kgs of grapes+ seed....Laugh

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 16, 2008, 11:01 PM

Post #3 of 11 (2776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [josephine_kon] accidently ate the dry grapes bread [In reply to] Can't Post

Do not panic as she only ate a few raisins. The dog can only die if it eats very large amounts...

mickey123
Enthusiast

Feb 17, 2008, 8:21 PM

Post #4 of 11 (2762 views)
Shortcut

well, about the plastic.. don't worry.. you'll find the plastic in it's poo.. hahahah..

cause I did find little bit of plastic bag in my furkid's poo last time..Pirate

Jac&Ning
Novice

Feb 20, 2008, 10:54 PM

Post #5 of 11 (2729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] accidently ate the dry grapes bread [In reply to] Can't Post

dog cannot eat raisins?

zephyros
Canine Addict

Feb 21, 2008, 1:08 AM

Post #6 of 11 (2719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jac&Ning] accidently ate the dry grapes bread [In reply to] Can't Post

Chocolate staggering, laboured breathing, vomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, tremours, fever, heart rate increase, arrythmia, seizures, coma, death Coffee / Cocoa staggering, laboured breathing, vomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, tremours, fever, heart rate increase, arrythmia, seizures, coma, death Onions Hemolytic Anemia, laboured breathing, liver damage, vomiting, diarhea, discoloured urine Mushrooms abdominal pain, drooling, liver damage, kidney damage, vomiting diarhea, convulsions, coma, death Grapes / Raisins vomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, lethargy

josephine_kon
New User

Feb 29, 2008, 6:51 AM

Post #7 of 11 (2675 views)
Shortcut

Wink thx for u all advises! she is ok now.... made me worry whole day! Laugh

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Mar 5, 2008, 12:00 AM

Post #8 of 11 (2653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] accidently ate the dry grapes bread [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, I never knew that dogs cudnt eat so many things!! I knew abt chocolate but not the rest...

I've even fed my dogs grapes, raisins. mushrooms, onions but luckily they were ok. What about figs? My dogs like dried fruit, fresh fruit, vegetables, ...
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

zephyros
Canine Addict

Mar 5, 2008, 12:14 AM

Post #9 of 11 (2651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] accidently ate the dry grapes bread [In reply to] Can't Post

everyone has their own opinion, some are based on medical finds, some are based on assumptions. Fact wise, based on what is found in the food itself.

but regular stuff as long as not over-doing it'll be fine, but feeding an assortment of food MIGHT (note the word might) cause loose stool, food craving other than kibbles, encourages eating of non-regular diet food, and most dangerous of all, food from strangers. i know of dogs that loves chocolates and is currently 8 years old...still alive and kicking. immunity maybe? i really can't give u a guranteed answer as i'm not a vet. Note, the chocolates this dog ate were usually stolen from the owner without their consent.

for my personal, and only an opinion for your information, I don't usually take risks. anything to me are taken as precautions till proven otherwise. if u wanna give u dogs any food, u can try the more, conventional ones. i usually just boil some pork or chicken pieces for them, then keep it in a container in the fridge. it's a good alternative to those from pet shops, no preservatives haha and since i cooked it myself i know what went into the meat, nothing.

Hardboiled eggs are kewl too. especially my lil pup with a small mouth. fun to watch him try to put the whole thing into his mouth to take a tiny bite. fruits wise, i usually give without seeds. like i bite a small piece of a guava etc and give it to them. whether the seed is poisonous or not, i don't really know but reason i dont' give seed is so prevent choking. Dried fruits usually have some preservatives and sometimes salt or sugar. so health wise, don't give too much of those. . vegetables...hmm they are carnivours but an occasional bite of vege here and there is ok. My maltese loves lettuce, pappy loves baby carrots. think cause of the crunchiness(new english word? lol).

just my opinion. not based on facts or anything, but just my 2cents :D

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Mar 5, 2008, 12:24 AM

Post #10 of 11 (2649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] accidently ate the dry grapes bread [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, two of my girls love fruits and most veg. The dried fruits I give them are/were raisins and figs. These, I think, dun have added sugar or salt. They love tomatoes, carrots raw but eat any veg that has been cooked. Fruits, everything also sapu... from durian to kum. Tongue

Surprisingly, they are all not fussy with their food and are quite happy to eat the same brand of kibble everyday. I think I've trained them well to just eat what I feed them. If they want to be fussy, go hungry till hungry enough to eat what I feed them. But so far, I've not had a fussy dog... Frown
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

zephyros
Canine Addict

Mar 5, 2008, 12:36 AM

Post #11 of 11 (2643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] accidently ate the dry grapes bread [In reply to] Can't Post

don't jinx yourself HAHHA but yea as long as you are sure of what you are doing then ok. all information here are all shared among dog lovers and it's up to each owner to do what they feel is best. It's great that most forumers here take all advices as constructive feedback. but unfortunately there are some that takes it as a personal attack Unsure

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my