M schnauzer ear infection

ybaby
Novice

Feb 16, 2008, 5:37 AM

Post #1 of 5 (9277 views)
Shortcut
M schnauzer ear infection Can't Post

hi, my dog is a mini schnauzer..

he get ear infection few month ago, yellowish flow out from his ear, smell sour.. visited vet few time, take medicine, injection, but no improve... now getting worse, i can see it is like skin problem but is inside the ear canal, and bleeding when i use cotton to clean his ear, i clean very gently but still can see blood in the cotton, and he will feel pain when i clean his ear

i will bring him to vet again tomorrow.. any good vet to recommend for this infection, as i am from penang

can any one have this experience on your dog.. what i can do now ?? i really worry

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 17, 2008, 8:14 AM

Post #2 of 5 (9263 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ybaby] M schnauzer ear infection [In reply to] Can't Post

Errr, medication & injection does not help to cure the ear infection. Does the doctor know what he's doing??? You're actually supposed to get ear cleaner & ear drops for the ears. Don't require any injections or pills. Just clean the ears everyday till it's totally clear & clean for about 10 days. And put a few drops in twice a day. Cleaning both ears is required eventho the other ear is fine. Better change vet...

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 17, 2008, 4:00 PM

Post #3 of 5 (9261 views)
Shortcut

You can go to the vet and ask for this product "Aurizon" from Vetoquinol.

Wat you do is clean the ear as usual using ear cleaner. Then put the "Aurizon" into your dog ear canal and slowly press the liquid out inside your dog ear canal & rub it. Leave it till the next morning & clean the ear again then put the "Aurizon". Repeat this for few time. You will see result in 2 days time.

Is good you can keep one in your home. You never know when your dog ears will get infection again.

Price abit costly 10ml about RM45

ybaby
Novice

Feb 18, 2008, 8:15 PM

Post #4 of 5 (9244 views)
Shortcut
Re: M schnauzer ear infection [In reply to] Can't Post

I brought my dog to another vet.. yes, he gave me another product from Vetoquinol, "Oribiotic", and asked to clean the ear and apply this twice a day, for 10 days... I use this for 2 days only (start from saturday), not completely cure yet but at least now my dogs' ear can see improving, no bleeding, no yellowish flowing out from his ear..

Thanks for advises Smile

Gita
Novice

Jun 25, 2008, 7:02 PM

Post #5 of 5 (8123 views)
Shortcut

Homeopathy does not seem very popular in Malaysia but is a great way to treat dogs- easy to administer too. If I may I suggest finding a good homeopath in your neighborhood.
Best
GitaFrown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my