Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
My JRT pup is loosing hair

allic
New User

Feb 15, 2008, 5:32 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1108 views)
Shortcut
My JRT pup is loosing hair Can't Post

just got him last week...for the first 5 days he was ok....after that i brought him to see a pet shop about his wounds inflicted b4 by bigger dogs....he recommended some medicine...a bottle of shampoo.. and a dog food consist of lamb n rice...now after 5 days...i notice my pup is loosing hair alot and he is scratching all over his body...

what to do??? see a vet ??? im staying in cheras area...i know a vet in taman segar area ..is the vet there good and price reasonable? my colleague ask me to go to this goverment hospital - Hospital Veterinar
Wilayah Persekutuan in off Jln Cheras....anyone been there b4??

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 15, 2008, 7:20 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [allic] My JRT pup is loosing hair [In reply to] Can't Post

I think your pup is having an allergic reaction either from the food or shampoo you're using on him. Lamb is supposed to be the best meat & most dogs are not allergic to lamb. What shampoo you're using? Stop using it for about a week or so & see whether its itching has stopped or not. Use very light puppy shampoo. But dilute it in water some more so that it's very gentle to the skin. But if no change, then change its food to Purina Turkey. Turkey is quite light too & should be okay for your pup.

allic
New User

Feb 15, 2008, 4:28 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] My JRT pup is loosing hair [In reply to] Can't Post

do dogs get fever?? bobby is feeling hotter than usual when i hug him last night...

(This post was edited by allic on Feb 15, 2008, 5:08 PM)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 15, 2008, 6:25 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1091 views)
Shortcut

hi, i go to segar vets too... there are a few vets n they are ok... altho i must say if it's a skin problem yr dog is having, it is not always easy to diagnose... u may want to try the eliminating process first, for example stop using the current shampoo and see if the skin gets better... check yr dog for any ticks and fleas... applying frontline works too...

yes dogs get fever too... if it's fever, then pls send to the vet for a check up...

i've not been to the veterinary hospital in jln cheras, altho i'm interested to check out the place...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 15, 2008, 11:37 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1071 views)
Shortcut

Ofcourse & other types of sickness & problems too! Bring to the vet quickly so that the doctor can check what's wrong with him or if he really is having fever. Is he behaving strangely like tired, head down, eyes watery & so on?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my