help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 19, 2008, 3:02 AM

Post #26 of 31 (7507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fartu] help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's infact true! Exactly the same as humans! Humans can go off without water for about a week & food more than one week. But, the dog can die faster if it was under the hot sun especially without any water. This is becoz the dog is becoming dehydrated faster. Nope, I'm not giving wrong information here. The dog you mentioned who died after three days without food, was it already skinny? I've starved my dog fr about 2 & a half days before becoz she refused to eat her food & was picky & did not die. This was actually to make her eat her food again & infact it worked. This is a common practice for dogs who refuse to eat their food. If you can find a very skinny mongrel on the streets then you know it hasn't had food nor water for weeks. They can survive that long... The Akita we rescued on the road two months ago, was emaciated & was totally dehydrated under the sun & it clearly showed that she has not had food for about a month & had not had any water to drink for about a few weeks. When the body knows there's no more food or water inside it body, it will automatically hold it back & reserve it so that it can keep the dog alive.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 19, 2008, 4:12 AM

Post #27 of 31 (7498 views)
Shortcut

I've added some few more points in which I forgot to add in the previous reply...

It's infact true! Exactly the same as humans! Humans can go off without water for about a week & food more than two weeks. But, the dog can die faster if it was under the hot sun & if it is walking around alot especially without any water. This is becoz the dog is becoming dehydrated faster. Nope, I'm not giving wrong information here. The dog you mentioned who died after three days without food, was it already skinny & was healthy? It also depends on the dog's health. If the dog is healthy but has no food for three days, no way it will die that fast. But if the dog is skinny and/or sick, it can die within those days like the dog you mentioned. I've starved my dog for about 2 & a half days before becoz she refused to eat her food & was picky about it but she did not die becoz she was healthy & was drinking water. She did vomited out gastric juices once in a while but nothing serious. This was actually to make her eat her food again & infact it worked. This is a common practice for dogs who refuse to eat their food. If you can find a very skinny mongrel on the streets then you know how long it has not had any food. They can survive that long... The Akita which we rescued on the side of the road two months ago, was emaciated & was totally dehydrated under the blistering hot sun & it clearly showed that she has not had food & water for a very long time. Infact, she was so starved & dehydrated that her vision was blurred & she was almost dying but good thing, we rescued her on time. She was also trying to lick soapy water on the ground that was flowing out from someone's house. When the body knows there's no more food or water intake, its body will naturally hold some back just to keep the dog alive & that's why the dog will pee less & the pee is very thick & almost orange in color.

fartu
Dog Kichi

Feb 19, 2008, 7:38 PM

Post #28 of 31 (7481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi amber,

very kind of you to rescue the akita.how is the akita now? .fasting is good for animal as detox. but need monitoring. food fasting. never heard of water fasting. correct me if i m wrong.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 21, 2008, 7:43 AM

Post #29 of 31 (7441 views)
Shortcut

She who has been named Chantelle, is a beautiful dog today! Her hair has grown back, she has put on about 4 to 5 kilos after two months, very well behaved girl, just a lovely dog! My mom has spent close to RM500 on hr medications & all. She had disease & maggots in her neck. I don't understand why she was abandoned. She doesn't even have a microchip but she's a pure brindle Akita. People fast their dogs once or twice a week. There has got to be a reason but I don't fast my dogs becoz I don't think there's a need to. It will just give them gas...Only once I did to my Dalmatian Faith coz she refused to eat her food. Oh, you can never not give dog water! Water is more important than food & that's why dogs can go off without water for one week only. But if there's moisture in the food like soup or what, then the body extracts water from there but can't really help much lah.

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Feb 21, 2008, 7:47 AM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 22, 2008, 2:54 AM

Post #30 of 31 (7422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

1 WEEK WITHOUT WATER???!!! with this kind of extreme hot weather in Malaysia???!!! Pirate

tasha_87
Novice

Nov 7, 2008, 7:51 PM

Post #31 of 31 (6876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hye guys..sorry..been away..was not in malaysia..i miss all of uguys........

animal lovers........

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my