Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
omg my puppy maked me so headache @@

joon84
Novice

Feb 4, 2008, 8:37 AM

Post #1 of 10 (8845 views)
Shortcut
omg my puppy maked me so headache @@ Can't Post

hi there... i js hv a new beagle puppy last 2 weeks. it is 3months old!!! the beagle so agresive!!! me so hard to calm it down =.=

it is so smart! it manage to understand "sit" while we js tough him 3rd times @@

but it always bark( it wants to go out frm cage). since we staying in apartment, i m so scare that neighbour will complaint about it!!! the weird thing is-- it never bark while we all going out!!!

my problem is...yesterday me js late a bit release him out frm cage, it bark to me and bite whoever try to touch him =.=
moreover, the worst thing is-- it try to collide the wall when it is too agresive =.=
even we shout o snap it, it still repeat the same thing =.= the puppy so stuborn!!!

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 5, 2008, 10:18 AM

Post #2 of 10 (8813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joon84] omg my puppy maked me so headache @@ [In reply to] Can't Post

Well 1st of all, it's a young puppy. can't blame it for being naughty & stubborn right? And 2ndly, it's a Beagle. Beagles are hyperactive dogs & they need lots of exercise to tired them out. Have you studied about the breed 1st before you got it? Well, you should expect all these things happening when you bring one home becoz this is just what they are. Did you check how it behaved at the breeder's place before you decided to buy it? He's actually not biting becoz he wants to hurt you. It's called mouthing & all pups do this becoz that's just their way of getting to know you. They will mouth everything until about the age of 7mths old. Some dogs will still do it by the age of 1 or until 2. You only got it two weeks ago, let it get used to his new home 1st & let him bond with you guys 1st. Training should start by the age of 3mths actually. It's very simple, just push him away whilst saying "NO!" when he mouths your hand or whatever he is not supposed to. He will definitely do it again eventho you tell him not to many times. It takes weeks or maybe months to correct him or even training him a command. It also depends how serious your are, how consistent you are & what method you use. Everytime he tries to do it, correct him. Not one time correct, the next time you allow & then sayang the pup. Wrong! If you want him to stop, don't allow him to do so. If he does, correct him & replace your hand with a toy. About the barking. Well, no pups or dogs liked to be caged up. Do you? No right? So, the reason why he;s barking when he sees you around is becoz he wasn't attention & he wants to be close to you. He's seeing so many good stuff going on around him & he doesn't understand why he's being caged up & not allowed to explore the house or do whatever that is exciting. When ever he barks, give him a toy to play with. It's gotta be a very interesting toy that he likes. He will get bored of it after a while so standby a few more toys. All should be different. Some hard, some soft & some like ropes or whatever! Try getting him a Kong too. Just go to a pet store & ask one of the employees there about that toy & they will show it to you. That toy keeps the dog entertained for a very long time... Toys will help to calm the dog down & take its attention away on what it wants. I hope this will help...

joon84
Novice

Feb 5, 2008, 11:15 AM

Post #3 of 10 (8808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] omg my puppy maked me so headache @@ [In reply to] Can't Post

thx for reply n sharing^^

well..it seems so quite in the cage wen twice me saw him in the pet shop, i can endure his "mouthing" but i cnt bear with his bark @@ since im staying in apartment, i js scare neighbour will complaint about it someday =.=

i hv tried to gv him a toy everytime, but it seems doetn't work =.=lll it js ignore the toy in wana come out!!!

for ur advise, do u think it work if i send him to puppy obey training?

is it rm200 for 10hours?

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 5, 2008, 11:52 AM

Post #4 of 10 (8806 views)
Shortcut

DEFINITELY YES!!! Please send him to school for training. OB training will help him alot to become more obedient, responsive, he'll learn new commands & plus, he will get well socialized. Training helps to burn the dog's energy too so that you can have a good night sleep after that...

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 12, 2008, 7:02 PM

Post #5 of 10 (8655 views)
Shortcut

most beagles can't stand being caged. They need big space to run and also long walks to m ake them tired. OB training is good to a certain extent only. Hounds have their own mind and will still not listen when they dun want to. Amber is right as I think you did not make a research on the breed before getting it. I wonder what you will do if someone complains bout your dog.

There are many similar case like yours and have personally had to rehome a few as their owners abandon them at vets and so on. Most due to reason of skin problem, hyperactive till they cannot tahan and noisyness. ANd of cos the toy will not work. I doubt the dog will trade it's freedom for a toy. Of cos a trainer will tell you that OB will work but it doesn't as this falls into behavior problems. I guess teaching your dog to understand the word quiet would be a good step. Good luck to you on it.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 12, 2008, 8:06 PM

Post #6 of 10 (8649 views)
Shortcut

Beagle is definetely not for apartment living....that's for sure. Plus they are super active dogs and its not adviseable to cage them..I have never had a beagle but I can tell u, they need exercise and patience.

Maybe a little sacrifice will help. U probably need to wake up extra early, and take this guy for a walk before u go to work & and after. A tired dog, is a good dog.....I have a few friends who does that....

If u ask me..any dog will not be happy ..being caged for along time. When u get a dog u must be willing to commit yourself to hard work and commitment...of preparing their meal and washing up after them or even them destroying your furniture...that's very normal...if u are not ! Then ..mayb you are not ready for one....

All these have to be endured until thay enter adulthood.....and thats depend on the breed too....

zephyros
Canine Addict

Feb 12, 2008, 8:59 PM

Post #7 of 10 (8645 views)
Shortcut

http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

but since u already got the dog, please do your best to accomodate for his well being. to be honest you shouldn't be complaining about his barking. you should be more worried about his LOUD low toned baying sound. This is to be expected from a beagle.

if at all possible...i'd really strongly suggest NOT caging him, but instead give him a playpen. would have more running space instead of a small confined area. Might not be the best solution but it's a solution you can try. don't bother too much with toys as mentioned above, beagles are from the hound family, they work, play in packs. as a matter of fact all dogs prefers to live with you. so being with you is much more "fun" than a squeky toy even if it's just sitting by your feet and doing nothing, being with you is all your dog wants.

joon84
Novice

Feb 13, 2008, 8:50 PM

Post #8 of 10 (8627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] omg my puppy maked me so headache @@ [In reply to] Can't Post

thx u all... for nw my beagle sound problem already settle... it already stop for small tune sound during the night time :) i gues he already adapted the place @@

ya..i also wonder beagle is not suitable for apartment living, so me also intending to move to the more suitable place ><

but he will bark to me wenever me wearing black pant @@

today i went to taman desa and looking for the dog training garden. but the place is disallowed pets to enter ler @@?

zephyros
Canine Addict

Feb 13, 2008, 8:56 PM

Post #9 of 10 (8625 views)
Shortcut

that i think you'll need to go to the training section to check out the time and details.

http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/

joon84
Novice

Feb 14, 2008, 2:24 AM

Post #10 of 10 (8611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] omg my puppy maked me so headache @@ [In reply to] Can't Post

the dog obediance training in taman desa has been cancel due to the garden park management don allowed ><

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my