Training a puppy(neeeeed helppppp!!)

emilychen1911
Novice

Jan 30, 2008, 4:46 AM

Post #1 of 3 (8749 views)
Shortcut
Training a puppy(neeeeed helppppp!!) Can't Post

Hi

Im currently going to buy a "toy poodle"(its a breed not a toy)

Before it come i need to know how to potty train them and i heard i need to pull the hair out fr its ears......

Please heelp... i also need to know abt maintainence

If u all have experience in baby pupp...Please shareee...i need to knowww

THANK U SO MUCH

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 31, 2008, 9:36 AM

Post #2 of 3 (8729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [emilychen1911] Training a puppy(neeeeed helppppp!!) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there! Actually, you should post this in the House Breaking thread then you'll get more response there. This is for Agility training only... But nevermind, I can still give you some advice here. Well, to potty train a new puppy, you 1st gotta find a place where you want your dog to do it. If you want it to do it in the cage, then train it to do it in there by confining it till it does its business & when it does, praise your dog whilst saying, "Good girl to pee in cage, good girl!" I can only explain how to train your dog here but all the work, you gotta do it yourself. For the pulling out hair from ears, you'll need to do that often as long haired dogs tend to have lots of hair in their ears & they can get infection & too much ear wax stuck to the hair. Just use your fingers to pull them out or you can use a tweezer. Bear in mind, the puppy will feel pain. Anymore questions, just reply here or you can post it in the House Breaking section.

Nat&Latte
Novice

Jul 24, 2008, 10:06 PM

Post #3 of 3 (5567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [emilychen1911] Training a puppy(neeeeed helppppp!!) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!I have a toy poodle not too long ago(this year)and to potty train it you have to let it pee anywhere and then take a newspaper and absorb it then put the newspaper where ever you want to put it then once it is smelling everywhere then once it comes to the newspaper to smell,it will pick up the sense and poop or pee on it(this might take some time)Hope it helps!
Tlee

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my