Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
something fishy .... dog snatchers?

chrisng
Novice

Jan 29, 2008, 1:27 AM

Post #1 of 17 (2443 views)
Shortcut
something fishy .... dog snatchers? Can't Post

I was out looking for Dini following some leads. I got a call from an indian man asking me if i had found my dog., then i said no. he then asked me to meet with him. so we met at BK1. he obviously had a dog in mind but he wanted to make sure that my dog's hair was cut. when he had verified that, he asked how much am i willing to pay to get the dog back. i gave him a figure. he then took me to a friend's house... but in a very suspicious manner. He told me to drive slowly as if not to get the neighbours attention. then he asked me to drive into an alley which was fortunately blocked by al orry so I had to park right in front of this house. This man Christopher then proceeded to 'chat' with the dog owner. this owner had purportedly bought the dog a few days ago but since his father does not want it he has to sell. it. what got me really suspicious was the way the dog was hidden. i mean literally hidden out of sight under some boxes, so much so that even neighbours may not be aware that there is a dog in the house . it took a while to get the dog out so i peeped over the wall. finally the dog emerged. It was not my dog. it was a silky ... i think. so i said it was not my dog and asked them to pass the word around for my dog.

christopher then got into my car and reassured me he's got a few friends in Bandar Puteri who's mad about dogs and they may have my dog? (which didn't quite make sense to me -i.e. they must have 'bought' a dog from someone).

I made a mistake. Christopher asked me to show him where i live so that he can deliver the dog to my house and he also asked on the way if i had other dogs.. In my moment of distress, I wasn't thinking. I showed him where I live although i didn't stop. and yes, i did say i have 2 old dogs still. The weird thing was he asked me if i want to buy dogs... I told him I'm not interested in any more dogs. My old girls are more than i could handle.

He may be just a middle man, I suspect...again this is based on what i observed ... he asked me to give him two days to find my dog and then he will get in touch with me.

I don't know what to make of this situation but I do smell something fishy. I'm not a suspicious person by nature but I can't help feeling that there was something not quite right with this picture. Maybe I am over-reacting in my moment of distress. I hope this is all there is.

this man christopher is also a car wash person but he goes to the client's house - the whole works for RM160.

anyway, I may go make a police report just in case. I don't think Dini was stolen although my initial thought was that. I had come home to find the sliding door ajar. Maybe the man needed to confirm it was this house that the dog was taken...I don't know. like I said i was just speculating and allowing my imagination to go wild. I have never been in such a situation before. I only have this man's mobile number but apparently i cannot trace the number unless i have legit reasons. so another big lesson learnt.

yeee
Canine Addict

Jan 29, 2008, 2:03 AM

Post #2 of 17 (2440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisng] something fishy .... dog snatchers? [In reply to] Can't Post

Do keep an eye on your 2 dogs as the indian man may come back for your dogs.
Keep them indoor when it is not too late.

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2008, 3:07 AM

Post #3 of 17 (2433 views)
Shortcut

Just be careful........he might come back. Before my dogs were stolen, the Indian guy also asked many questions such as where you stay, what colour of your car, how many dogs you have, etc........Two days after, he came with a child and stole my dogs.

chrisng
Novice

Jan 29, 2008, 6:54 AM

Post #4 of 17 (2405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] something fishy .... dog snatchers? [In reply to] Can't Post

tks yeee ... i'm keep my dogs indoors anyway but taking extra precaution.

chrisng
Novice

Jan 29, 2008, 6:56 AM

Post #5 of 17 (2403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] something fishy .... dog snatchers? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've told my neighbour to keep an eye out for suspicious indian men lurking around....

rajay
Novice

Jan 29, 2008, 8:08 PM

Post #6 of 17 (2365 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chrisng

Can you provid eme with the contact number od this person Christopher. I had the samething that happen to me when I lost My Rott. Then I tried calling him again andthe number was not in service. I think I may want to have a word with this guy and give him what he deserve.

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 29, 2008, 9:19 PM

Post #7 of 17 (2357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rajay] something fishy .... dog snatchers? [In reply to] Can't Post

mayb u can lure him out and everybody go and beat the daylights out of him and then send him to the police.... well at least after he brings us to where the dogs are being kept... Frown

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

bakamono
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2008, 10:26 PM

Post #8 of 17 (2340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] something fishy .... dog snatchers? [In reply to] Can't Post

here's the lead : lost in BK3, request to meet in BK1. Where does this Christopher stays? Occupation : Car wash.

How many car wash in these area? Better chances is to search for this Chris n see the location he often goes to. When it comes to fast money, this grp is going to b vry active 'visiting each other'. Don't forget there was a case of them stabbing n killing 2 GSD outside the hse bfore they went in to nap more than 10 show dogs. There were witnesses of 4 Indian doing the job there4 pls b careful as he is not alone.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jan 29, 2008, 10:49 PM

Post #9 of 17 (2334 views)
Shortcut

Guys..better talk discreetly, Christopher is probably watching the thread. Remember what Bakamano mentioned b4, she mentioned about the hotspot and the next day, the place was emptied....Shocked...no lead...

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 30, 2008, 1:27 AM

Post #10 of 17 (2308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] something fishy .... dog snatchers? [In reply to] Can't Post

well if he is really watching... he better be careful... cos if i see him dognapping, i'm going to break the baseball bat with his head....

anyways, i'll get an answer from my aunt regarding the issue of dognapping during CNY... and i really do hope that it wont be an offense if i whack kau the fella and then oni call the police.... well mayb i'll just say that he started it... hahahahFrown

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2008, 1:55 AM

Post #11 of 17 (2301 views)
Shortcut

For those who have "followed" the development of my dog stolen case.....in fact at the end I managed to get the Indian guy's number.

After I get the number, I thought I can get my dogs back - but somehow still get disappointed Frown. According to police, they won't simply go and look for the Indian guy just because we "suspect" is him. We have to prove to the police that he's really the person who steal our dogs then only they will take action.

In order to prove that he's the theft - we need to prove that the dogs are with him, and also prove to the police that the dogs belong to us. In short, we have to do all the work before the police can really help.

In this case, I need to find out where the Indian guy stays - the only source I have is the phone number. Then, I need to follow this Indian guy to his home and then find a way to see whether my dogs are there or not. Maybe I need to break into his house to take a look?

I have tried to use other methods but at the end I still didn't get my dogs back. Now only I understand why those dognappers are so daring - they are at very low risk or no risk at all. Unless you are able to catch them in the act (not likely happen unless you have at least 2-3 stong men at home) otherwise they always can get away with it.

Anyone has any idea how we should deal with this? The only thing I can think of is to trap him (of course we need few strong men to do this) and beat the shit out of him before surrender to police.

chrisng
Novice

Jan 30, 2008, 2:11 AM

Post #12 of 17 (2298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] something fishy .... dog snatchers? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey all, I'm trying to be brave while i deal with him. i know this much. he works at night. but he offers to do car wash privately.

and he seems to know people who loves dogs. he just told me that this friend has 2 shih tzus, among other dogs. For all I know this may be legitimate but I just wonder about all the secrecy.I know the bottom line is money. so i am now saying give me my dog i give money. no in betweens RM50 here and RM50 there.

Also i tried to get a friend to track the mobile number but that can't be done without authorization from the head of police. these people operate on the premise that they are dog lovers and they bought the dog from some people. so now they want to sell the dog. how do we even prove anything...

I sent my two dogs home to kampung today. unfortunately i have my mother's dog now which is going blind and sick, so i am also worried about leaving the house.

what is really bothering me is that i just have suspicions and no proof and for selfish reasons, i want to get my dog back as a priority ... if they really have my dog. all i know is he doesn't have the dog with him. it is always someone has the dog...

I am sad that I now see things very differently. if my dog slipped out and was found my someone and now they want to sell it back tome...fine. But if they had come to my house and then lure my dog out and nab her, then i am scared for my other dogs. so will see what happens.

How many prayers can one say in a day...????

rajay
Novice

Jan 30, 2008, 4:10 AM

Post #13 of 17 (2288 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chrisng

I request you to be very care when you deal with ppl like these. Sometimes they can also try to mug you. Have you seen this Chris guy working in that car wash b4? Just be careful ok. If you go meet him again pls bring someone along DO NOT go alone.

If you need anyfurther assistance let me know I may be able to help. I just want to get even and let them know how does a person feel's when their pet gets stolen. If one fellow kena then the other will tone down.

chrisng
Novice

Jan 30, 2008, 5:33 AM

Post #14 of 17 (2276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rajay] something fishy .... dog snatchers? [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, i realised that I should not meet with this guy alone anymore... once was quite scary ... I have never seen him before that time when he called me re my dog. but when I was desperate to find my dog i wasn't thinking. I was just hoping against hope. silly me.

thank you for your advice.

he was so sure he will bring me my dog today but when i insisted on meeting the person who is keeping my dog and any money I need to give will be given directly to that person who has my dog... he has stopped contacting me.

I will see if there's any news from him tomorrow.

bakamono
Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2008, 9:33 PM

Post #15 of 17 (2247 views)
Shortcut

try to go to yr vet n ask them where can u purchase the microchip reader. Once u get one in hand, call up those who claim to hv yr type of dog on sales. Go to the place with a few friends togthr to see the dog n immediately u can be sure if it's yrs or not. B4 anything else plse make a police report first. I'v got a no. n Lew had another. Blieve these r the contacts u need to check first. When I say 'friends' make sure they r presentably tough looking n if u don't hv any, hire some as they won't cost much for a few hours. Don't go in the same car, let them follow u in another car as u'll hv an excuse to whak them up when u found yr dog. Helping out when someone is being attacked is not a crime.

All this nonsense hv to stop as there is another case of Husky stolen in Bukit Jalil area ystrday.Since no one can help us, v only hv each other.Who knows, it might be my turn tmrw.

CJ7
New User

Feb 12, 2008, 8:09 AM

Post #16 of 17 (1996 views)
Shortcut

hi chrisng,u can just take a pic of them from your handphone,if the got any motor or car u can take the number down(easy to get inform by the no) post their pic here so all ppl can beware of them.

chrisng
Novice

Feb 12, 2008, 8:43 AM

Post #17 of 17 (1993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CJ7] something fishy .... dog snatchers? [In reply to] Can't Post

no car. I was met by the roadside and he (christopher) got into my car. Ever since i insisted on meeting the people who may have my Dini rather than meet with a third party to 'collect and pay' for my dog, I've not got any contact from christopher. so i called his bluff and i suspect, may have prevented another shih tzu being taken by 'one of his boys'. No proof though. My heart breaks at Dini's disappearance and at the thought that someone actually steals house pets. Show dogs i can at least comprehend the insanity of it all but aging house pets???? BIG SIGH ...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my