First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Jan 24, 2008, 9:44 PM

Post #1 of 49 (1786 views)
Shortcut
Enquiry... Can't Post

Hi there people...

i love golden retreivers and welsh corgi a lot and will be getting one as soon as my house is ready in June.. but my friend told me that retreivers will have a problem which called hip displacement and it is a inheritance... does that ring a bell to anyone of you? If this problem exists, how could we know that whether the puppy will have this problem?

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 24, 2008, 11:07 PM

Post #2 of 49 (1771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mcmercedez] Enquiry... [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm not entirely an expert when it comes to pedigrees but from my understand, most big sized dogs have this problem... even Labs also have this problem. the best solution i think is to send the dog for yearly/periodical check ups at the vets and also periodical medication.

hope other owners with more experience could help u

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 25, 2008, 12:09 AM

Post #3 of 49 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Hi, please go to the Canine Hip Dysplasia thread under Dog & Puppy Health section in this forum. People have been discussing a lot about this disease. Trust you can get a lot of information there. Below is a link relating the issue:

http://www.peteducation.com/...69&articleid=444

That's why we always say it's very important to get a pup from a reputable and responsible breeder. Responsible breeder would not breed any dogs with heritage disease.

Good luck in searching a healthy pup.

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Jan 25, 2008, 1:18 AM

Post #4 of 49 (1749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Enquiry... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there.. I think that's the main things that need to be done ler.. hehe.. i've read the article that JS Liew linked me to, this problem will actually develop even when they are puppy.. and looks like this problem will give the dog a lot of pain.. hm... really have to look for a good breeder to eliminate the chances.. ehhe...

Thanks for the tip.. Will do as follow.. Cheers..

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Jan 25, 2008, 1:20 AM

Post #5 of 49 (1747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] Enquiry... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there JS.. Thanks for the link and i've gone through the article.. looks like this disease is a norm to dogs.. it'll develop overtime.. In the article they mentioned a good breeder will have a better elimination on this problem.. hm..

I think i'll really have to find a good breeder... do you know any breeder that breeds good retreiver?

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 25, 2008, 1:55 AM

Post #6 of 49 (1742 views)
Shortcut

It's norm to certain breeds, not every breed. GR is one of them.

As the disease is usually inherited, that's why I said better get a pup from a reputable breeder to ensure both the parents don't have this disease. It sounds scary in the article because your dog will suffer a lot and you also need to spend a lot to cure them.

Sorry, I don't know any good breeder for GR ( I'm not big fan for GR) but I'm sure you can find it from this forum or from internet. Maybe some members here can help you. I know there are a lot of GR lovers.

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Jan 25, 2008, 6:38 PM

Post #7 of 49 (1713 views)
Shortcut

Hi there mate.. hm.. ok will do.. so what type of breed fan are you?

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 25, 2008, 7:57 PM

Post #8 of 49 (1704 views)
Shortcut

hmmm.......... I like quite a lot of breeds......but usually short coat, medium-large size......... Boxer, bulldog, pug, beagle, great dane, pittbull................

These are my favorite but I like almost every dog including mix, mongreal, local.......

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Jan 28, 2008, 7:17 PM

Post #9 of 49 (1654 views)
Shortcut

Oh.. i myself also love other type of dogs.. as long as they are dogs, i love them.. hehe..

Want to check with you on the license for dogs in shah alam.. do you know how much it'll cost to apply for the license for the dogs in shah alam? i heard they are preety strict in giving out those license ler.. and also what is the process to apply?

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2008, 12:10 AM

Post #10 of 49 (1634 views)
Shortcut

So sorry I can't furnish the info you need cos I don't stay in Shah Alam. Yes, I heard Shah Alam is more strict in giving out license..........I think you need to get your neighbour's agreement before you can get a license or some sort of that kind of crap... I remember someone discuss this in one of the threads in this forum.........You can search or open a new thread. There will be members willing to answer.

For MPSJ, you need to get a applicatoin form from them, get your vet to stamp for you to certified that your dogs have gone through vaccination that last for a year. Then submit to them and pay (not sure how much already - I got my forms filled up and certified by vet but my dogs got stolen before I submitted to MPSJ Frown)

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Jan 29, 2008, 12:46 AM

Post #11 of 49 (1628 views)
Shortcut

oh.. thanks for the information..

sorry to hear that your dog got stolen... so got a new one now?

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2008, 2:59 AM

Post #12 of 49 (1615 views)
Shortcut

Yes, adopted one............and believe it or not, someone is going to give me a great dane. I'm bringing him back this Saturday..........Very excited!!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2008, 4:40 PM

Post #13 of 49 (1589 views)
Shortcut

Wa... so lucky.. I love great danes also. When i was small i had a black one. Now no space n time for one if not i go your house n steal it wahaha..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2008, 5:12 PM

Post #14 of 49 (1583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Enquiry... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I'm really lucky......... got referred by some nice people. Otherwise the great dane so big won't drop from the sky Laugh

The one I'm going to get is also all black..........Maybe I will send him to your house for boarding in future. So you can also "own" him for few days on and off......

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2008, 6:07 PM

Post #15 of 49 (1579 views)
Shortcut

Wow.. Good i hope he can let me sit on him like a horse like how my dog 'Wolf' lets me sit on him bout 20 years ago.. Haha.. By the way i have checked out the pug. Really in a sad condition and needs medical attention. Will rehome it but new adopter has to be prepared to spend a monthly maintenance on the medical side.

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2008, 6:49 PM

Post #16 of 49 (1572 views)
Shortcut

Sad to hear that.........what happened to the pug or what problems she has now? I still have some medicated shampoo, ear infection cream, skin disease cream that I bought from Dr Edmund for my pug as she also got a lot of problems. If you need it, I can pass to you........... Anything to do with dog medical is very expensive one......small amount of cream cost > rm50....

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2008, 7:23 PM

Post #17 of 49 (1568 views)
Shortcut

hey is this the same pug u told me abt? is she with u now?

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2008, 7:27 PM

Post #18 of 49 (1565 views)
Shortcut

The pug is suffering from dry eyes.

http://www.peteducation.com/...=2&articleid=451

You can read bout it here. So pity her. Hope someone will adopt her i will be going to dr's place later to talk to him bout this pug and also see if she has any other problems. Nw a bit headache got almost 20 over dogs for me to rehome..Haha.. Hope i can post up all pics by tonight..

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2008, 7:28 PM

Post #19 of 49 (1563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Enquiry... [In reply to] Can't Post

This one is different. So many ppl giving up pugs for adoption. I also dunno why. Pug is at my dr's place. If you got anyone who wants to view I can take them to my vet's or bring her home..

mw_pon
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2008, 7:32 PM

Post #20 of 49 (1562 views)
Shortcut

hi acsyen.....wat wrong with the pug....how old....izzit a male or female....if ther is no one want to adopt the pug i can help out lik i said i live in a condo only so i can only afford to help small breed dogs too big i also don ha to space for them....but any way do let me know on the progress of this pug.....

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2008, 7:39 PM

Post #21 of 49 (1557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mw_pon] Enquiry... [In reply to] Can't Post

The pug is found by a person who cannot afford the medical bills. So she asked my vet to rehome it. And as usual it came to my hand. I will make sure she is disease free then maybe need your help to house it. Got another small monkey at my place now. Currently very healthy just that she's on antibiotics cos she a bit weak. If you can help me out that would be great. Do let me know ok. Thanks. I suspect the small monkey is actually a JRT mix. All colour n face also same some more short tail. Hope she grows up to be a JRT. As for the pug after i go my vet's place later I can let u know what's the updates already.

To Ai Ney: the pugs that i told u about had better not come into my hands. 5 of them u no pengsan i pengsan first..

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2008, 7:40 PM

Post #22 of 49 (1554 views)
Shortcut

oh a different pug kah? what's the story with this pug? owner surrendered? dry eyes... need to apply ointment daily lo... sigh, poor thing... how old is she? i'll try to think if there's someone who could adopt her... i dun mind fostering her, but pebbles need to go to a home first... u know my hse la, tempat kecik, 1 dog at a time... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

mw_pon
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2008, 7:45 PM

Post #23 of 49 (1552 views)
Shortcut

the one u talking bout izzit da one u bring to k9 day? da small one who hav skin problem one......but one thing i need to issue out is tht if ther is other ppl who wan to adopt them and are good owners u can put them in priority 1st.....as i hav my rocky already and i don wan to neglect him....but i think if da pug is available i think my bf will love it too...but u can put us as back up plan loh......hahaha Frown

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2008, 8:20 PM

Post #24 of 49 (1547 views)
Shortcut

I hope I will be able to adopt her but depends how it goes with the Great Dane coming to me this Saturday. Need some time to make sure he gets along with my other dog, worried that he might be too rough some time and hurt the small dog unintentionally. It will be too busy for us to take in the pug if things don't turn out to be well. Anyway, I should be able to tell after CNY.

Meanwhile, my CNY holiday starts this Saturday. Let me know if you need any helps during this period of time (2/2 - 6/2).

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2008, 8:43 PM

Post #25 of 49 (1540 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Enquiry... [In reply to] Can't Post

5-6 yearas old. As old as sookie maybe.. She was found.. Dunno who's also dunno where they find it from also.

(This post was edited by acsyen on Jan 29, 2008, 8:44 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my