Found Dalmation (?)

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jan 21, 2008, 8:09 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1116 views)
Shortcut
Found Dalmation (?) Can't Post

Good Day All,

Found, well stumbled, upon a white dog with light brownish spots, to me he looks like a dalmation, I'm lousy at identifying dogs, in a rubbish chute.

Was walking my dog when I stumbled upon him, didn't see it at that spot initially, I always watch that spot cuz the owners have a tendency to let their mix breed out and it has a serious dog aggresion issue and didn't spot him there. so continued walking and something made me turn around to have another look at the spot, only to see something white in the rubbish chute (the ones where people put rubbish outside from the inside, so that the sampah man can take it from the outside). It's freaky when you get a "now you see it and now you don't" scenario at 12.30am!!!

He has alot of lacerations around his body, I'm not sure whether it's from injuries inflicted by fights, vehicles or plain human cruelty. He has also some open wounds, not very deep but still abit raw. I stumbled on him on friday night, and realised that he's not my neighbour's dog the next morning. Gave him some food and water Sat morning. Been feeding and watering him eversince. He show's aggression towards me when I got too close while he was eating, so have a lil trouble coaxing him to follow me.

He seems to have been abandoned/neglected/lost easily for bout a month, hip bones and rib cage clearly visible, and doesn't seem to be able to fend for himself. He seems to be a pretty clean dog, grooms himself everytime after makan.

He was found in klang, and still has a collar on him. I've scored thru lost and found post here since way back in August 2007. But didn't see any post regarding this. I hope that owner(s) reads this forum and will come here and look.

Anybody has any idea who this dog might belong to? I'll try to post pictures soon. But if you think it's your dog, post a pic and I'll get back to you asap.

Regards

(This post was edited by wildgunsr on Jan 25, 2008, 9:29 PM)

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jan 25, 2008, 8:13 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] Found Dalmation (?) [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear All,

The dog was chased away with a pole by the owner of the house he was taking shelter at. I can't find him anymore. All I can do is pray that he's being well taken care of now. I've not seen him for three days already.

And to all of you so called animal/dog lovers........UP YOURS!!! YOU DISGUST ME!

And to all those true animal/dog lovers, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing/offering everything tht you could; making the calls, and giving the ideas. You know who you are.

Regards

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 25, 2008, 9:13 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1024 views)
Shortcut

hi, i understand you must be worried abt the dog now tat u can't seem to find him... can only hope tat the best had happened to him, maybe some1 took him in and decided to keep him? maybe the owner found him? Angelic

but why are you so angry abt some ppl? who disgusts u? am i missing something here? Crazy

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jan 25, 2008, 9:44 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Found Dalmation (?) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ai_ney,

Because they make such statements: "xxx is an animal lover. They came and have a look at the dog, but because he got wounds on his body, they didn't want it"

"oh, it's aggressive, I'm not interested" - what do ppl expect from a dog that has not had a proper meal, injuries on his body, doesn't know how to fend for himself and can't trust anybody at the moment? If one was to go near a dog that one does not know while he's eating, one expects him to share his food with one??? I should've just kept my mouth shut and not mention anything bout his aggression during feeding. Then let whoever that come near him during feeding get bitten on the ass because they don't understand basic canine behaviour. That's what you get for being honest.

IMHO, if you're the owner and the dog shows aggression, I agree there must be 0 tolerance to aggression towards handler and family. But I expect to get bitten if I'm foolish enough to go near a dog I do not know during feeding time.

Yea, I can only hope that he's being well taken care of now.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 25, 2008, 10:13 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1002 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to hear about your bad experience dealing with adopters. I have grown numb hearing from people who come telling me they are dog lovers but it's all talk and no action wan. This is also one of the reason why I spend a lot on medical bills to make sure the dog is in tip top condition before showing to adopters.

Not many people understand the basics of dogs. We can now just pray that this spotty found a better owner and is well taken care of.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 25, 2008, 10:32 PM

Post #6 of 9 (998 views)
Shortcut

ah, i get what u're saying now... well frankly, can't blame these ppl for not wanting the dog as he was not in his best condition... this is the fact of life... just the way ppl are... i'm sure u'll get many ppl knocking on yr door if the dog is rescued n restored to the pink of health...

many claim to be dog lovers... but how does one define a true dog lover?

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 26, 2008, 2:16 AM

Post #7 of 9 (976 views)
Shortcut

wildgunsr, i know how u feel regarding these people.... some of them are really totally outward disgusting.... they claim to be dog lovers but do not do anything to show that they are dog lovers...

there are a few reasons why the dog is aggressive... it may be due to fear, or like you said, its their feeding time... dogs are not stupid... some doge will guard their food because they have not eaten for a few days... sometimes it may take up to months to gain the trust of the dog... and once you are able to get its trust, i'm sure that they will guard you with their life.... which is what pitbulls are famous for...

anyways wild... take it easy and dont take it to hard on urself... there are bound to be people that thinks that dogs are not more then toys...

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jan 27, 2008, 7:25 AM

Post #8 of 9 (939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik, ai_ney, acsyen] Found Dalmation (?) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the support. Hope to meet you guys in future.

Regards

WG

fartu
Dog Kichi

Jan 27, 2008, 9:39 PM

Post #9 of 9 (920 views)
Shortcut

in my opinion,

the defination of dog lovers has 3 levels,

level one (90%)- ONLY love the breed dogs, show dogs, think that dog behave like what they see in the hollywood dog movies etc.

level two (9%)- Level One plus can also love the dogs that is young, healthy and good looking and do tricks.

level three (less than 1%)- love all dogs irregardless of age, breed, health and mental condition.

so i guess u shouldnt be dissappointed next time when someone call themself DOG LOVER.

(This post was edited by fartu on Jan 27, 2008, 9:49 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my