Home: General: Chit Chat:
Finally it happens

zephyros
Canine Addict

Jan 18, 2008, 5:33 PM

Post #1 of 2 (614 views)
Shortcut
Finally it happens Can't Post

TAIPING: The municipal council’s dog shooter who injured a motorcyclist during Wednesday’s operation is being investigated under the Firearms Act.

OCPD Assistant Comm Raja Musa Raja Razak said the shooter might have to answer for what happened.

“The onus is on the shooter. Did he take the necessary precaution to ensure nobody was in the range of fire before pulling the trigger?” he said.

He added that once investigations were complete, the papers would be forwarded to the Deputy Public Prosecutor’s office to determine whether there was negligence.

In the 8.30am incident on Wednesday, electrical wiring contractor Wan Ah Chye was shot in the right leg while passing by a food court in Taman Pertama on his motorcycle.

ACP Raja Musa said the case was being investigated under Section 37 of the Firearms Act 1960.

If convicted, a person could be sentenced to two years' jail or fined RM5,000, or both.

Wan, when interviewed at the Selama Hospital yesterday, said he underwent a two-hour operation on Wednesday in which bullet fragments were removed.

“I plan to sue the council but this will be done when I recover because I can still feel the pain,” he said while being wheeled on a stretcher to a waiting ambulance en route to the Taiping Hospital yesterday for follow-up treatment.

http://thestar.com.my/...52435&sec=nation

yeee
Canine Addict

Jan 19, 2008, 3:29 AM

Post #2 of 2 (590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] Finally it happens [In reply to] Can't Post

At the first place this kind of cruelty to animal (dog shooting) shouldn't be practiced at all.
Hopefully after this incident, dog shooting will be stopped and banned in all places.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my