DogNapping Incidents

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2008, 8:05 PM

Post #1 of 18 (6082 views)
Shortcut
DogNapping Incidents Can't Post

Dear All....

Just my 2 cents and hopefully it would work.... I know its going to be hard to think back of your furkids being stolen ... But if I may, I would hope for anyone out there that has their furkids stolen to put down the description of their furkids and also your exact location. If you know of any other similar cases and those owners do not log in to puppy.com, please also provide their details

I know that everyone is posting their own messages/threads but maybe if it is posted in the same thread we might be able to figure out where he is going to strike next and let everyone be alert of all this.

And at the same time, those staying at the places that he hasn't strike or those that we think he might go next should alert everyone especially their neighbors, anyone with dogs and also the guards if there are any. Maybe even put up notices and description of the guy (as we know he is an Indian driving a Black Perdana and Red Honda Jazz) and if he is asking about dogs or behaving suspiciously, to inform the police/guards.

I will talk to my aunt who is an ASP in Bkt Aman regarding this issue and see what she says when i meet her during CNY.. (If she is back from UN peacekeeping duties)

It may be silly or sound stupid but thats the least i can think of...

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

andromache
Novice

Jan 14, 2008, 8:31 PM

Post #2 of 18 (6075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] DogNapping Incidents [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear kheingteik,

Thank you, for making an effort to make a difference. It is indeed difficult to make people (especially people who do not love dogs) understand that we love our furkids very much, and that they are not simply pets, but also a part of our family... Perhaps we can make others more aware of what's going on, and maybe find the culprits responsible. More importantly, we might also be able to stop these people from making a profit from our misery. Frown

Here are the details of my furkids' kidnapping :

Place : Seksyen 10, Taman Saujana Puchong

Date : 13th July 2007

Time : About 1.30 to 2.00 pm

Vehicle : Black Proton Perdana V6 for scouting, Red Honda Jazz for the actual kidnapping

Description of Perpetrator : Indian man, late twenties or early thirties, tall and slim, quite well-dressed, speaks fairly good English

Modus Operandi : Scout neighbourhood for some time before breaking, and kidnapping. May talk to neighbours, or guards, or ask around before actual crime. No calls for ransom/rewards, and it's already been almost 6 months.

Follow up : Police Report (filed as 'stolen' and not 'lost dog' to enable legal recovery if they are found), report to MKA to flag microchip numbers, posters and flyers (with reward offer) to vets and pet shops, mass emails and website presence ( www.mypethuskyclub.com/dognapped.html), articles with pictures in Sin Chew Jit Poh, China Daily, New Straits Times (twice) and Malay Mail, article was also posted on Pet Safari bulletin for some time...

- I hope that other owners out there who have had the same experience to share it here, so that together we might be able to make a difference...

(This post was edited by andromache on Jan 14, 2008, 8:33 PM)

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 14, 2008, 11:51 PM

Post #3 of 18 (6028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andromache] DogNapping Incidents [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear kheingteik,

Thank you for taking the initiative to start this. I think it's going to be helpful.

Dear Nadia,

Since you have made a nice format, I just adopt the format (add in details of the furkids) and feed in my info.

Place : Puchong Utama Seksyen 9 (PU9)

Date : 9th Jan 2008

Details of the stolen dog (s): one Beagle, female, 7 months old (microchip # 458098500144605)

one Pug, female, 1.6 years old, not microchipped,

Time : About 3:00 to 5:00 a.m. (estimate only, my neighbour usually come home at 1 or 2 am, so I guess it happened after that but before morning)

Vehicle : No one witnessed the incident but confirmed by two neighbours that an Indian man driving an old black Perdana came to ask for information two days before the incident happened.

Description of Perpetrator : Indian man, appeared to be friendly, late twenties or early thirties, tall and slim, quite well-dressed, speaks fairly good English (believe to be the same person in Nadia (andromache)'s case)

Modus Operandi : Pretend to be dog lovers and talk to dog's owner to find out more information about the dogs and also where the owner stays. Even failed to gather the info he needs, he's determined to scout and check around your neighbourhood to find out where you stay and then find the right opportunity to commit the criminal act. In my case, since someone stays at home all the time, he chose to come in the middle of the night. So far no call for ransom or reward.

Follow up : Police Report (filed as 'stolen' and not 'lost dog' to enable legal recovery if they are found), posters and flyers (with reward offer) to vets and pet shops, mass emails to friends and contacts. Posted in many forums (with Yen's help) such as www.malaysianumber1.com, www.pjnet.com.my, www.usj.com.my, www.pjfrenz.net, www.homeapet.com, www.lowyat.net, www.vet.com.my
Attachments: Reward RM 1000 ½±½ð.ppt (57.0 KB)

caesarvasco
Novice

Jan 17, 2008, 5:55 AM

Post #4 of 18 (5919 views)
Shortcut

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. The reason I am writing in is because a friend of mine has just lost her fur-kid. Russel was dog-napped on the 13th of Jan 2008 from her home in Bandar Kinrara. Having been a member of the family ever since he was months old and having him stolen is a disaster. To all those living in the area, kindly keep a watch out for an American Cocker who answers to the name Russel.

Kindly call Rohan @ 012-2885550 for any information leading to the finding of Russel.

The couple, Rohan & Devika are giving a reward of RM1,000/- for any information leading to the finding of Russel.

Kindly go to vw1973.blogspot.com/ for all the details.

Devan

lak
Novice

Jan 17, 2008, 6:13 PM

Post #5 of 18 (5891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [caesarvasco] DogNapping Incidents [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear All Member

Thank you for taking the initiative to start this. I think it's going to be helpful.

Place : Overseas Union Garden ( OUG )

Date : 14 th Jan 2008

Details of the stolen dog (s): 2 poms 1 male & 1 female , 6 shihtzu with baby puppy , 6 poodle with puppy

Time : About 10:30 to 11:00 a.m.

Vehicle : My neighbour witnessed the incident confirmed an Indian man driving an old black Perdana came to ask for information on the spot days before the incident happened.

Description of Perpetrator : Indian man, appeared to be friendly, late twenties or early thirties, tall and slim, quite well-dressed, speaks fairly good English (believe to be the same person in Nadia (andromache)'s case)

Modus Operandi : Pretend to be dog lovers and talk to neighbour find out more information about the dogs and also where the owner stays. In my case, since no one stays at home all the time, he chose to come in the morning. So far no call for ransom or reward.

lak
Novice

Jan 17, 2008, 6:14 PM

Post #6 of 18 (5890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lak] DogNapping Incidents [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Dear All Member

Place : Overseas Union Garden ( OUG )

Date : 14 th Jan 2008

Details of the stolen dog (s): 2 poms 1 male & 1 female , 6 shihtzu with baby puppy , 6 poodle with puppy

Time : About 10:30 to 11:00 a.m.

Vehicle : My neighbour witnessed the incident confirmed an Indian man driving an old black Perdana came to ask for information on the spot days before the incident happened.

Modus Operandi : Pretend to be dog lovers and talk to neighbour find out more information about the dogs and also where the owner stays. In my case, since no one stays at home all the time, he chose to come in the morning. So far no call for ransom or reward.

bakamono
Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2008, 6:42 PM

Post #7 of 18 (5879 views)
Shortcut

Tks a lot for the start of this tread which hopefully can help others.

Just wondering if anyone who goes to Tmn Desa on Sunday morning was ever approach by a tall Indian man wz a young girl chit chatting with dog owners. He is very well mannered n he mentioned abt getting a dog for the family n start asking abt my dog, where do I stay and how much did I got her for. That was in Nov and have never met up wz him again at the park after that. He is a slim, tall and fair skin Indian who speaks English well. If anyone of you out there r being approach, please keep your personal info discreet unless they r regulars at the park.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Feb 2, 2008, 8:41 AM

Post #8 of 18 (5626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] DogNapping Incidents [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been exactly a year (Feb 1, 2007) since my 1st American Cocker Spaniel, Tasha was kidnapped. Here is the details of my furkids' kidnapping incident :

Place : Cheras, near Taman Minang

Date : 1 Feb 2007

Details of the stolen dog: American Cocker Spaniel, red buff colour female pure breed with microchip.

Time : About 3:30 to 4:00 a.m. (Personally heard my dog scream and witnessed a motobike drove off)

Vehicle : Motorbike.

Description of Perpetrator : Spotted by my maid, an Indian man, plump with bear belly appeared to be passing by our house with a motorbike for weeks.

Modus Operandi : Pretend to be passing by slowing with a motorbike. Had been observing our house for quite a while.For my case since my maid stays at home all the time, he chose to come in the middle of the night when my hubby is outstation that day. So far no call for ransom or reward.

Follow up : Police Report (filed as 'stolen' and not 'lost dog' to enable legal recovery if they are found), flyers to nearby vets and pet shops, mass emails to friends and contacts. Posted in many forums , appeared on newspaper like Malay Mail & NST.

cindyclh80
Novice

Feb 2, 2008, 7:00 PM

Post #9 of 18 (5623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSlover] DogNapping Incidents [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been a week (January, 27th) my shih tzu being kidnapped

Place : Cheras, near Taman Midah

Date : 27th January 2008

Details of the stolen dog: Shih Tzu , brown and white fur

Time : About 6.00am - 6.20am

Vehicle : Car

Description of Perpetrator : My neighbour saw a car stop at my house around that time and took away my dog

Modus Operandi : My father normally will let my dog to pee outside my car porch early in the morning when my dog scream, my mum rush to front porch there to check and my gate was open and my dog is missing. So far no call for ransom or reward.

Follow up : flyers to nearby vets and pet shops, mass emails to friends and contacts. Posted in many forums , appeared on newspaper like The Star

bakamono
Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2008, 5:26 PM

Post #10 of 18 (5532 views)
Shortcut

Since MKA or the police is not going to help us, had prepared a list for all those whom furkids were STOLEN to fill up so that we can send this list to notify the vets through their forum.

Since whoever whom had purchased the (stolen) doggies first visit will be to the vet and at least with this information, words can be out to all those first timer that there is such thing as stolen furkids for sales. Sure no one will like to get into trouble. Hope the future practice will be to check out the furkids by the vet b4 any handover of cash. In a way, it's eliminating sales and without sales, what's the point of the risk of stealing?

It's just my 2 sen as really hope to stop this nonsence once and for all.

bakamono
Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2008, 5:39 PM

Post #11 of 18 (5525 views)
Shortcut

Sorry, here's the attachment.
Attachments: Dog Napping.xls (17.0 KB)

cindyclh80
Novice

Feb 5, 2008, 1:12 AM

Post #12 of 18 (5494 views)
Shortcut

Attachments: list.xls (17.5 KB)

icelads

Oct 24, 2008, 9:46 AM

Post #13 of 18 (4439 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Khengteik
Attachments: Dog napping.xls (85.5 KB)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Oct 24, 2008, 6:10 PM

Post #14 of 18 (4425 views)
Shortcut

lol

-Jack
-Male spitz
-Puchong

-Max
-Male Maltese mix terrier
-Old Klang Road

call 0123519100(after 8 pm)
email to jeansiow at h o t m a i l

ch358726
Novice

Oct 25, 2008, 6:57 PM

Post #15 of 18 (4371 views)
Shortcut

stolen in muar, now happen very comman here,

6/10/08 around 1.30 am

laocal mix black male

i heard that all the dog steal from melaca will send to muar and from muar will send to mealca or batu pahat

already made police report

if you dog is stolen , check next city

if someone lost their dog in melaca or batu pahat, please contact me

i know the pet shop(that kind of pet shop is different with other, price very cheap and odd dog)

kau1955@ .com hotmail

(This post was edited by ch358726 on Oct 25, 2008, 7:09 PM)

ch358726
Novice

Oct 25, 2008, 7:08 PM

Post #16 of 18 (4366 views)
Shortcut

kau1955@hotmail.com

ch358726
Novice

Oct 25, 2008, 7:13 PM

Post #17 of 18 (4364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ch358726] DogNapping Incidents [In reply to] Can't Post

kau1955@hotmail.com

hotmail

ch358726
Novice

Oct 27, 2008, 6:05 AM

Post #18 of 18 (4306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ch358726] DogNapping Incidents [In reply to] Can't Post

KAU1955@ H O T MAIL.COM
dog stolen in melaca, muar and batu pahat

please discuus here

(This post was edited by ch358726 on Nov 4, 2008, 9:31 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my