First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 9, 2008, 5:17 PM

Post #1 of 45 (5454 views)
Shortcut
My Dogs Were Stolen Can't Post

I feel so sad, angry, and worried.

My dogs (one beagle and one pug) were stolen from my house last night (suspect it's in the middle of the night).

I feel so sad and worried now....... I can't describe how much we love them, I'm sure dog lovers would understand how I feel now.

Really don't know what I can do now. If the dogs run away from home, at least we can go round or distribute flyers to look for them.........or check at PAWS or SPCA....... Now they were stolen....people will keep and hide them......

I have been listening to all the scary story in the forum e.g dogs run out of the house, dogs were kidnapped, etc. So I have been very careful and make sure they won't run out from house. Whenever there is no one at home, I would put a chain around the cage and lock with a paddle. When someone is at home, I didn't put the chain............ The cage was blocked by my car and some plants.......People won't notice it unless they have passed by my house many times.......and my house is next to a dead end.........People are so daring to climb over the gate and stole the dogs...

Guys, be extra careful............anything can happen......

Really feel so sad and worried now............ no one can take care of them as good as we do....... I bring them out for walk twice a day..........good food........prompt medical attention...........obedience class.......

Only once we put them with a vet for boarding service, but we had to shorten our overseas trip because we worried that the dogs didn't eat well, not used to the environment, too pitiful to be kept in the cage all the time.............. Now can imagine how worried we are........

The biggest worry is both of them are female and not spayed yet, what will happen to them if they were in some unethical breeders' hand? We plan to neuter them after Chinese New year as the beagle is still too young and the pug just gone through all the vaccination...............

Sad sad sad.......

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 9, 2008, 6:48 PM

Post #2 of 45 (5434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] My Dogs Were Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

Ai yo... So sad to hear bout this. Was just thinking of asking how are you and dogs yesterday then today i see this post. If they have microchip pls post the number up and also report to MKA if they are registered there. Try offering a reward and hope the ppl are greedy for it then you can work something out. Post their pictures in everywhere and also at the vet's. If you are staying far from PJ email me the poster you made will print and help you distribute..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 9, 2008, 7:24 PM

Post #3 of 45 (5423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] My Dogs Were Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Yen, thanks for offering help. I will do that - distribute flyers and paste posters around and offer some rewards.....

Very sad lah, thought we have been very careful - locked the gate and the cage when no one is at home (they are let out to stay in home and porch when someone is at home, except at night we put them back to the cage to sleep), and also purposely hide the cage behind a car............ and our house is next to a dead end........ In fact I have been looking around for a corner unit house in a gated community........ mostly for the sake of the dogs...........now................

For non dog lover, a dog is only a dog.......... To us, the dogs are like our kids....... Always provide the best we could.......... now we are so worried that they are not in good condition........ The pug is very fussy about food......and got some skin problem...... The beagle is so energetic......have to play with her all the time and bring her out for jog and walk twice a day.......... Don't think they can get the same attention and have a good life now.......

Sad Sad Sad..........and angry, angry, angry

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Jan 9, 2008, 8:06 PM

Post #4 of 45 (5413 views)
Shortcut

pedigree always kena curi wan.. normal lah =\ cannot say anything they willing do anything to earn money..
good look lar. u will find them one day
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

andromache
Novice

Jan 9, 2008, 8:15 PM

Post #5 of 45 (5412 views)
Shortcut

JS Lew,

Please please make the effort to go to a police station and make an official report that the dogs were stolen out of your compound. Do not take it lightly. Even better if you have pictures of any broken gates, or things moved when they entered your compound.

It was not easy to make them understand that these dogs are part of our family, but after a few minutes, the police officers were quite helpful and made it easier for us to lodge a report when our two girls were stolen.

The purpose of making a report is that so you can claim them back legally if they are found (keep your hopes up), and so that the authorities are aware of the problem. When our girls was stolen a few months back, they did not consider dog theft to be a major problem as only three or four reports a week was made. It is only alarming if there are more than ten reports throughout the state. So, when you make a police report, it will help highlight the problem.

Try to print out flyers and posters, put them up in pet shops and vets, as many as possible, and its never too far for you to try... We will never know if they try to sell them on the other side of town. Also, get in touch with the local councils, just in case your furkids are dumped somewhere.

Hang in there, we know what its like to lose a family member. Keep your hopes up, and never give up trying to find them. Remember that they miss you too, and might be trying to make their way back as we speak.

good luck!

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 9, 2008, 8:51 PM

Post #6 of 45 (5409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andromache] My Dogs Were Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, thanks for the encouragement.......... yes, still keep our hopes up......

Will make a police report..........

By the way, I stay in Puchong area....... For those who live in Puchong area, please help me to keep an eyes on the dogs.

My contact is 0169633269 or 0166379294

Thanks a ton

(This post was edited by JS Lew on Jan 9, 2008, 11:50 PM)
Attachments: missing dog.jpg (152 KB)

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 10, 2008, 12:59 AM

Post #7 of 45 (5369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andromache] My Dogs Were Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Andromache,

Forgot to ask you, did you finally find your girls back?

I'm sure you understand how we feel now......

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 10, 2008, 1:58 AM

Post #8 of 45 (5350 views)
Shortcut

Please help distribute the flyers attached. Forward to as many friends as possible.

Hope every effort would help to get them back.

Thank you so much.
Attachments: Reward RM 1000 ½±½ð.ppt (57.0 KB)

gcktan
New User

Jan 10, 2008, 6:08 AM

Post #9 of 45 (5323 views)
Shortcut

Yeah I know how it feels to have lost a beloved dog. I lost my pug too, definitely it was stolen in the middle of the night. My mom found a piece of bread on the floor and our house gate was damaged, and my pug was gone. Someone must have aiming him for some times. We never wanted to chain our dog or to cage him, we think he deserves total freedom to move around, just like us. And on the same day, my dad was admitted to the hospital due to vomitting of blood, perhaps he was too emotional due to that. My parents treated him like their own grandchild. Now that my dad had passed away due to cancer, and left my mom all alone at home, I know she is feeling lonely, it will not be the same if our pug is still around. Now I am looking to adopt a new fella for her, hope that she can feel better. To those pedigree owners out there, be extra careful, there are syndicates aiming for small-medium friendly pedigrees....in memory of my dad and "pui pui" (my pug)

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 10, 2008, 7:38 AM

Post #10 of 45 (5315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcktan] My Dogs Were Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi GckTan,

I also hate to chain or lock our dogs in a cage but after listening to all the scary stories regarding dogs being stolen, etc, I think it's safer to put them in a cage when no one is around and at night when they are sleeping. Of course I make sure the cage is big and comforatble for them.

Even when I sent them for boarding service, I survey and check to make sure the boarding environment is ok and the cage is big enough. But still I have to shorten my trip because still worry about them.........Hate to see them being kept in a cage for long time.....

Anyway, for dogs lovers, we always want to give our furkids the best.....

I've been looking for a house, an intermediate double storey link house. But after having the two girls, I change my plan to have a corner unit house in a gated residential area......... the plan is not realized but they are gone.........

I understand how you and your parents felt about the lost of your pug.........I feel the same now. Jiji (my pug) has been a very loving, cute, and obedient dog. I didn't have a plan to keep a pug initially but when I saw her being kept in a small cage all her life in a breeder's house, I wanted to bring her out of there. When I brought her back, she got skin problem, ear infection, hip issues, dull coat, skinny body...........Vet said she's not in good shape.

I paid to get her out from the breeder and spent effort (and money too) to improve her health and physical condition. Now slowly she's back into shape and have been a very lovely kid to me and my cousin. Some friends said I was cheated by the breeder to have bought a pug with many problems....But I was so glad and grateful to have her with us.......people just can't imagine how much fun and joy she has brought to us......

I quite pamper her because want to compensate the poor life she had in the breeder's hand for the past 1.5 years........Now feel sad because worried that she might end up having the same faith again.......

To those people who steal our dogs, dogs only mean money to them...... But to us, they mean much much more than that............ Money can never pay what our dogs bring to us.......

gcktan
New User

Jan 10, 2008, 8:50 AM

Post #11 of 45 (5311 views)
Shortcut

Hi JS,

I drove all the way to Penang to bring him back from a relative to my hometown in Malacca when he was 2 months old. Had his company for 4.5 years when he was stolen. The chance to get back a stolen dog is very rare no matter how many posters we put, the thieves are pro. I just pray and hope he ends up in a good home, don't think he will end up in somebody's stomach although my relatives and friends told and teased me that dogs have been a delicacy for certain group of foreign workers. To the thieves out there, you will have your day, God is watching you.

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 10, 2008, 8:11 PM

Post #12 of 45 (5289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcktan] My Dogs Were Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

I know the chances of getting them back is slim but hope for the best and expect the worst. 4.5 years is long time........ Mine is only few months and the cut is already very deep...

Still don't understand why people want to steal others' dogs for a small amount of money. My girls are not those expensive champion line dogs..... Come on, one of them was with run-down condition and still at the recovery stage........ Anyway, had better kill us to comprehend what and how they think........ Sick people.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 10, 2008, 9:25 PM

Post #13 of 45 (5284 views)
Shortcut

check ur email.. let me know if anything wrong ya..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

fifilim
Novice

Jan 10, 2008, 11:54 PM

Post #14 of 45 (5268 views)
Shortcut

People are really desparate... have u lodged a police report. Know it won't help, but we must do it...

so lost now, dunno what to do....

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2008, 2:16 AM

Post #15 of 45 (5244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fifilim] My Dogs Were Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Fililim, are you the owner of the six helpless and innocent dogs? Feel sorry for you (or your friend). It must be hard.......

Those people must be sick, why they want to take the old & blind dog? Can they sell him or they plan to keep and take care of him?

andrew_mei
Dog Kichi

Jan 11, 2008, 5:22 PM

Post #16 of 45 (5196 views)
Shortcut

Hi lew!!!

I spoke with your cousin on wednesday when he called me up telling me the sad news about jiji and coco!!!...I already attached the powerpoint files and email too all my contact hope this will help...
Just stay strong and look on the bright side!!!!

cheers,
April And Tiger

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2008, 6:14 PM

Post #17 of 45 (5182 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andrew_mei] My Dogs Were Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Andrew...........in fact I'm whom you talked to. I'm uisng my cousin's name here because my account (under my name) doesn't work since the day one. I had to re-create an account using his name.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

My cousin is very down and depressed now. He took care of them most of the time and it's hard for him to face the empty cage and all the toys that he bought for them.......Frown

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 12, 2008, 1:26 AM

Post #18 of 45 (5147 views)
Shortcut

Hi! I'm so sorry to hear about this. How did they manage to steal your dogs? Were they outside that day/night & were they locked in their cages? Somebody has been watching you & your dogs going for walks everyday obviously & found out where you lived, what time you go to work & what time they are left outside when nobody is around. It's very hard to find dogs back when they are stolen. Hopefully they will sell the dogs to somebody who really cares about them & maybe if the new owners see your flyer, they will return the dogs back to you. Sigh... The police will never help! Especially when it's about dogs. So no point reporting to them.

reneewong

Jan 12, 2008, 2:01 AM

Post #19 of 45 (5143 views)
Shortcut

So sorry for your loss...

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 12, 2008, 5:14 PM

Post #20 of 45 (5103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] My Dogs Were Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

well.. what you say is true.. it wont help... but at the rate this is going... we should at least make a report... and then at least we are doing something. just go and place the report... then when the reports are getting more and more.... in the end of the day... they will have to do something about it.

Police are supposed to tend to any reports... even how small it is... its their job.

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 12, 2008, 5:26 PM

Post #21 of 45 (5101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] My Dogs Were Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah ofcourse it's their job but you know lah, malays... They won't even help the chinese only the malays they will sometimes help. The 1st thing they will do is blame the owner. They're very good with this! Blame you for leaving the dogs outside. That's why I say no point. They even blamed my mom when she did a police repost last time about something which I can't tell...

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 12, 2008, 6:03 PM

Post #22 of 45 (5099 views)
Shortcut

i've got an aunt working in bkt aman... so therefore i know that the once you make an official police report, you can ask about the status from time to time. and once an official police report is made, please remember to get a copy of it... and then they will have to do something about it.... the least that they have to do is to send patrol cars to ronda your place.

but it must all start with us. if we know that our pets are stolen, go and do report. this is considered burglary. if everyone would think positive and make the report no matter what the police say, then in the end... they will have to do something... it might take years before they really take this kind of issue seriously... but if we just sit on our butt and do nothing, then it will NEVER happen. and if we dont make the report, it would also be used by some ppl to extort money from the pet owners... so think about it.. if we never do something now... then things will never change...

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

yeee
Canine Addict

Jan 12, 2008, 7:39 PM

Post #23 of 45 (5097 views)
Shortcut

What khengteik said is very true.
A lot of us chinese have the 'tak apa' attitude. We assume that it won't help. But if tons of lost dog cases reported in a short time period, the cops will definitely have to do something under pressure.

Even a patrol car may help.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 12, 2008, 7:54 PM

Post #24 of 45 (5094 views)
Shortcut

Ofcourse we have to do something. If my dogs are lost sure I will do something not just sit down here & just hope that they will come back. For us, is no point to report but he can go & try. Some police may help some may not... Depends on their attitude. Until today, my mom's case has not been solved & it was due of "someone's" disappearance. The report was made three months ago & they still have not done one single thing! But I think it's worth the effort for the Beagle & Pug's owner to try but if they don't help, then he has to try something else.

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 12, 2008, 10:21 PM

Post #25 of 45 (5077 views)
Shortcut

Hi Melisa,

Not sure whether you realize it's me or not, I am the one who attend your 9:30 am class (first class with Beagle and second class with the Pug -Jiji). You have seen both of them....I have informed Ms Chong about the loss of the dogs so I won't be attending the class Frown

Hi KhengTeik,

What Melisa said about our police is true - we won't get much help from our beloved policemen, not even when the time my family was robbed - the robbers broke into the house and tied everyone up, there were altogether more than 20 of us (family gathering). The police didn't come after many calls were made. We had to go to the police station to report then only they sent one inspector 4 hours later. No any news from them since (it happened in 1999) Anyway.....

However, I still did my part to make a police report - never hope that they will help me to find the dogs but at least hoping to create some attention. I read somewhere in the forum that once interviewed by media, one high-ranked inspector said the dognapping/stolen cases have not reached a "alarming" level so they didn't do much about it........... Hopefully one day they will do something when it touches "alarming state".

We've heard so many dog stolen/dognapping cases in many forum but the police told me that there were not many such cases reported to them...... The officer advised me to put "hilang" but I insisted to state "dicuri" - "hilang" is not criminal but "curi" is........ "Curi" means they need to do more work - to siasat (inspect). I also need to do more work - go to Jenayah department to be interviewed........ as usual, the officer in charge is not in, I need to go again..........

Thanks everyone for your concern..............More or less I know I won't be able to get them back............just pray and hope that they will end up in some good hands...........

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my