Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
Italian Greyhounds, Miniature Schnauzers and Beagles. Which one?

Ginger1710

Jan 5, 2008, 11:53 PM

Post #1 of 9 (24472 views)
Shortcut
Italian Greyhounds, Miniature Schnauzers and Beagles. Which one? Can't Post

Hi there!

I've just moved to an apartment in Grandview. I had a Golden Retriever named Ginger before, but because of the aprtment, I had to give her away. I feel awful for letting her go. My mum said that getting another dog will ease the pain. At first, I didn't want to, but later, after I thought about it, I decided to get another dog. Because, I thought, why not? Why restrict myself to one dog only? So now, I'm searching for an Italian Greyhound, which is small enough for a condo. If anyone has info about where to get the dog, please leave a message. Thanks!

Oh Yeah, in case no one sells or breeds IGs in M'sia, I would like to know more about beagles (are they active, noisy etc. --same to others on the list), schnauzers (mini), and American Cocker Spaniels. Thanks a lot!Wink
Visit our website for dogs!
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

yeee
Canine Addict

Jan 6, 2008, 7:46 AM

Post #2 of 9 (24459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ginger1710] Italian Greyhounds, Miniature Schnauzers and Beagles. Which one? [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't really follow your thread previously. Came across that you put your ginger up for adoption and seem that he/she been adopted.
Do you follow up closely how's ginger doing? Is he/she in good hand?
Hope Ginger is doing well and not missing you too much. He/she has got to have a new life in new family after your decision made.
Do think twice before getting another dog. Beagle is definitely too active and attention seeking for your condo.
I do not know much about beagle but I did once keep a lost beagle with me for a couple of days and he made so much noises and he needed to run and play so much.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 6, 2008, 10:35 AM

Post #3 of 9 (24453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] Italian Greyhounds, Miniature Schnauzers and Beagles. Which one? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, beagles very noisy and active and greedy and cheeky.. waa... cannot tahan them sometimes.. but all dogs must be trained. I know schnauzers are like the terrier gang so will be playful and like to challenge big dogs. Will be noisy when they feel something's wrong or see strangers.. Some cannot stop barking wan. acs should be better but i've no experience with them. only got experience with ecs, must have a firm hand with them or they'll make a lot of noise wanting attention. my fren who stays in a condo will muzzle his 2 ecs cos they will howl when he go out.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Ginger1710

Jan 11, 2008, 1:54 AM

Post #4 of 9 (24267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ginger1710] Italian Greyhounds, Miniature Schnauzers and Beagles. Which one? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi thanks for the replies.
i was thinking of getting an american cocker spaniel. Don't worry Ginger is in good hands now. She has two new friends now.
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

yeee
Canine Addict

Jan 11, 2008, 4:34 PM

Post #5 of 9 (24248 views)
Shortcut

Smile

jasonfai_pang
Novice

Jan 13, 2008, 9:02 AM

Post #6 of 9 (24196 views)
Shortcut

Other dog i not sure,BUT if you going to get a cocker.
i can give u some of my experience, because i just bought a American Cocker 5 mths before.
This breed is almost same with beagle as very active and playful dog.Some more if u not at home, u have to let the dog inside the cage, because it will destroy ur house furnitures.AND it also make noise at some time.
Beside that, American Cocker is very difficult to take care for the coat,like ears and paws.Some more American Cocker is very easily to get skin problem if u not take care well.

Ginger1710

Jan 17, 2008, 5:24 AM

Post #7 of 9 (24027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jasonfai_pang] Italian Greyhounds, Miniature Schnauzers and Beagles. Which one? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah, I didn't know that Cocker Spaniels were so "ma huan"! Do any of you guys know anyone who breeds Italian Greyhounds? It seems to be quite rare here, but very popular among westeners. They are almost as big as cocker spaniels, but they have very short coats and are very slim, look just like Greyhound, but Italian Greyhounds are a lot smaller.

I've already changed my mind about Cocker Spaniels, I was thinkin of getting a min. schnauzer (second choice). If anyone is breeding min. schnazers, please let me know, tq!
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

kitten_penang

Jul 3, 2012, 10:12 PM

Post #8 of 9 (21640 views)
Shortcut

when you bought the place you gave ginger up for adoption now you want a new doggie aiyo kesian ginger.why din't you keep her.she has been with you for so long.

Ange
Dog Kichi

Jul 4, 2012, 9:37 PM

Post #9 of 9 (21630 views)
Shortcut

Why not get a pug instead? They are really easy to take care. I know, I adopted one. Just be careful of their eyes and skin, that's all.

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my