Home: General: Chit Chat:
I'm still surviving in Ipoh

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jan 11, 2008, 1:31 AM

Post #1 of 23 (3335 views)
Shortcut
I'm still surviving in Ipoh Can't Post

Guys....damn I miss pp.com so much. I am in Ipoh now and have been here for almost a month. Since moving to HQ, I dont have the opportunity to get onto pp.com. Either I am bz with work or the manager is sitting right behind me! Crazy have to wait till she gets out of the dept cos she is promoted to being a COO. So once she chows and I have no one peeking from my back, I will back here wasting my time. Hahahaha

So i am not officially MIA yet ok. Got COO behind my back everyday for now. Lets hope she chow soon. Tongue

My boys are being taken care off by my bf in KL. So i go back to KL once every 2 weeks.

Ipoh is dead boring mannn............dead boring.......I dont like Ipoh.

Where to get cheap dog stuff? Any nice pet shops around that I can hang out just to lepak lepak and see doggie stuff? Mail me ok... steffy1811 at y-a-h-o-o . Like I said, cannot logon here during work hours and the COO works until malam malam buta. Crazy Mail then i can say supplier mail me. Hahahahahahahaha Tongue

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jan 11, 2008, 5:23 AM

Post #2 of 23 (3313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] I'm still surviving in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

ipoh memang dead...

hope ur bf does a great job... SlyLaugh

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 11, 2008, 5:27 PM

Post #3 of 23 (3297 views)
Shortcut

ipoh ark...... for ppl like u... sure sien 1... cos very difficult to find places with lots of dogs....

but for ppl like me sure no sien 1..... nite time too free or sien... got 4 things to do..... can go to polo ground near Politeknik Ungku Omar there to kap ppl making out in cars..... if not.... go clubbing at ipoh garden there.... or can go parkson there eat "tong sui" then saturday nites if nothing to do can go to the other side of parkson to watch ppl blasting their ICE from their crazy crazy cars... and later for grand finale..... illegal street racing... hahahahah

but wanna find place to see dogs.... i dunno le... :p

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

zephyros
Canine Addict

Jan 11, 2008, 8:46 PM

Post #4 of 23 (3277 views)
Shortcut

there is a petshop along the street from jusco. jusco on your left keep driving down that road. you'll pass by a gas station and then shop lots. if u reach the hospital u went too far. the pet shop is in the row of shops behind those facing the main road (hope u understand what i mean) LOL i was there travelling when i ran into the shop by coincidence and they sell EVO doggy treats! omg u need to buy me some lol

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jan 13, 2008, 4:28 AM

Post #5 of 23 (3245 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] I'm still surviving in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

zephy: After JJ, got hospital somemore? Before JJ is Pantai mah right? After JJ, tesco already wor. Nvm, I have all the time in Ipoh, to find that shop and I will. So pathetic hor, so blardy bored until nothing to do mannn..... Crazy

yeah lah Ipoh really killing me lah. If this year my CNY ang pows all besar besar belaka, I will get a PSP or a small TV + PS2 combo and bring it up. See my collection how first. I already applied for 3 days off, so I got ample time to go ang pow huntingTongue

In Reply To

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

zephyros
Canine Addict

Jan 13, 2008, 8:40 AM

Post #6 of 23 (3234 views)
Shortcut

psp too weak! ui need ps3!

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2008, 8:54 PM

Post #7 of 23 (3205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] I'm still surviving in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

psp?? i thought got psp2 liao??? but then again... me zero on this kind of things le... ask me bout toyota stuff.... hahaha that i know... or how many amps to use if got 3 10inch woofers in ur car.. Frown

zephyros
Canine Addict

Jan 14, 2008, 8:56 PM

Post #8 of 23 (3203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] I'm still surviving in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

the new one is just the slimmer lighter version of the original psp

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jan 15, 2008, 1:28 AM

Post #9 of 23 (3183 views)
Shortcut

so u plonk in a black top or silver top? or 1jz? when wana go SIC spin??

Don't Lost your dogs!!

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2008, 2:32 AM

Post #10 of 23 (3179 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] I'm still surviving in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

apparently its a silvertop with blacktop gearbox... and its factory fitted summore... which means that that engine was the last batch of silvertops ever made.... bout 120bhp on the wheel is more then enuff for me..

when wanna go SIC is a problem... wait till i get back my car.... make sure that its in good running condition.... remove the speed cut and then anytime oso can... :p

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jan 15, 2008, 4:07 AM

Post #11 of 23 (3177 views)
Shortcut

wah why so long oso din get d car back yet, since last year ler..

Don't Lost your dogs!!

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2008, 4:55 PM

Post #12 of 23 (3166 views)
Shortcut

alot of work to be done ma.... strengthening the chassis, straighten the engine bay (cos last time kena accident), change clutch plate, change all timing belt, change brake pump, change wiper motor, modify the Levin dashboard into my car, rewire the whole car, central locking, alarm, power windows, motorised side mirror, find for things (front and back lights, front and back bumpers, rims, tires, etc etc etc), re wrap the modified dashboard .... virtually recon the whole car.... now the car is at Puspakom... hopefully.... then after finish the JPJ tests.... need to change the exhaust muffler, add oil cooler, and some small small stuffs... and after i get back the car, going to strip off the carpet and put a few layers of anti-rust and maybe insulation... so its kinda a ongoing process.... still haven't figured out the colour i want to put for the car...

anyway, my friends is doing it for me... and i told him to slowly do and i dont want the car to have problems later...

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jan 15, 2008, 7:45 PM

Post #13 of 23 (3158 views)
Shortcut

whoa... doing alot to the car neh....
y doing so much to that car ler...
i heard u'r driving a LE? thts those local FF LE?

total cost can go up to 10K ar?

heh heh hijacking stef's thread, she's not free to post anyway... Sly

Don't Lost your dogs!!

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2008, 9:29 PM

Post #14 of 23 (3150 views)
Shortcut

hmmm... u heard from who that my car is LE leh???
mine is the AE80 LE... 1.3carbie... and yes its FF... wanted to convert to FR but alot of work.. so didnt convert...

my cost is not more then 10k... actually very much less then that...

well.. i'm doing alot cos this is considered my family car lor... dad passed on to me.... and i like toyota's oni.... thought of buying new car... but not worth it.... even the new celica gt version oso no power 1... so might as well save the money and fix up my old car lor.... now is sleeper car ma..... c those celica's or civic's on the road can smoke kau them...... hahahah Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Feb 28, 2008, 7:19 PM

Post #15 of 23 (3040 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] I'm still surviving in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm back......... 30 hours more to go and I am out of Ipoh for good. Which reminds me, I have to update my signature.

Yay Yay... i got a brand new job. 5days work week and is related to my field of study.

But damn, stuff in Ipoh is cheap man. Gonna be stocking up on stuff for my 2 hantus in KL. Even Evo is cheaper here at apparently the most expensive pet shop in Ipoh. I wonder how much cheaper can i get at a cheaper shop here. hahahahaha

I missed the last K9 day in BU cos I was stuck in Ipoh. Damnned it! When is the next carnival? Dogathon in UPM ah? Tongue

zephyros
Canine Addict

Feb 28, 2008, 8:03 PM

Post #16 of 23 (3036 views)
Shortcut

OMG back from the dead

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Feb 28, 2008, 11:44 PM

Post #17 of 23 (3027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] I'm still surviving in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

yea lah.... really back from the dead valley of kinta city mannn..... Wink

so this friday evening I will be crawling out of my grave. Still wondering where I can top up my touch and go card here besides the ATM? Shell and petronas all dont seem to offer this service unlike KL mann... how pathetic! Crazy

zephyros
Canine Addict

Feb 29, 2008, 12:22 AM

Post #18 of 23 (3022 views)
Shortcut

usually maybank or rhb shoudl have. if not the toll itself

mickey123
Enthusiast

Feb 29, 2008, 4:38 AM

Post #19 of 23 (3003 views)
Shortcut

hey... which part of Ipoh are you staying?? I'm from Ipoh leh..

the pet shop that Zephyros mentioned is the one that I always go, it's called Pretty Pets .. if you really want to go, I can give you the address and show you the way... they sell lots of stuff there, and the price quite reasonable.. I always get from there.. by the way, that pet shop closes on Wednesday..

well, if you really got nothing to do and miss dog.. ahhaha.. can go to YWCA, Ipoh every Sunday morning from 10 to 11.. there's dog training holding by MKA... and my furkid is going for her 2nd lesson this Sunday.. :)

then, you can also go hill climbing in Menglembu during weekends.. sometimes there'll be some people like me bring our furkid there for hill climbing.. (but, not really a tough one.. so, don't worry)...

the above places are the places that I can find dogs in Ipoh..

when you get used to the life here, you will be ok.. :) just need some time..

if you need any help, you can contact me at "yuhlin hot.mail"

for the touch and go reload services, for me I normally go to the Ipoh toll to reload.. it's open from 7am-7pm.. if I'm not mistaken.. or you can go to May bank to reload.. I dont know about RHB.

(This post was edited by mickey123 on Feb 29, 2008, 4:41 AM)

bakamono
Enthusiast

Feb 29, 2008, 4:58 PM

Post #20 of 23 (2986 views)
Shortcut

can't wait for u to be back as it's always fun having u around leh.

Since staffs in Ipoh is cheap, go n get some stock of doggies staffs which u can hardly get in kl. Then, we'll become yr customers liow. When business is good, maybe u need to travel back to Ipoh every weekend for them, hehehe.......

yongkweechin
Novice

Mar 20, 2008, 6:51 PM

Post #21 of 23 (2910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] I'm still surviving in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, I'm new here, just wondering about the dog training at YMCA that you mentioned in your post, do you think i can bring my 1-yr-old cocker there for a walk beside Sunday, or just to socialize with other dogs even though i'm not a YMCA member or joining the training? Do you know whether there is any other dog-friendly park in Ipoh?

i'm going back to Ipoh this weekend so was thinking of bringing the dog out for some fresh air

many thanks for your help.

"...love me...feed me...never leave me..." - Garfield

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 21, 2008, 1:30 AM

Post #22 of 23 (2893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yongkweechin] I'm still surviving in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

er.. I don't know whether you can go there beside Sunday or not.. cause I never go there when there's no training class before.. haahhaha..

I think you can bring your dog there on Sunday?? should be ok.. you bring your dog there to socialize with other dog.. you can go there to play with other dogs too.. if their owner allow you to do so (normally is ok lah.. ).. but, only when the dogs are not under the sun training ..

you don't have to be the YWCA member to go there.. cause I'm the the YWCA member too.. ahhahaha.. just join MKA member..

actually, you can bring your furkid to Menglembu hill mah.. I'll take my furkid there during weekends.. normally Saturday or any public holidays.. there're people bringing their dogs there for hill climbing.. walk using the road, not the stairs .. cause road is wider.. if anyone doesn't like dog, you can let your dog walk aside or wait by the road side.. then, if your dog like water, you can bring him/her to the waterfall there to play water too.. but, when there's someone there, we normally will not let our furkid get in the water .. my furkid loves the hill climbing activity very much.. :) so, I'll bring her there when I'm free.. go there in the morning.. so that it's not so hot.. by the way, we found that more and more dog lovers bring their dog there for hill climbing. .:) it's really a good news.. just that, bring newspaper there.. just in case your furkid do his/her business.. :) (normally I bring newspaper to YWCA and Menglembu hill.. cause don't want my furkid stool to be stepped by someone else.. cause I'm sure that everyone doesn't like to step on the dog's stool.. ;) But, YWCA is a must.. you must bring newspaper to clean your furkid's stool. It's the rule there..:) )

Hope to see you there this Sunday.. :)

(This post was edited by mickey123 on Mar 21, 2008, 1:34 AM)

yongkweechin
Novice

Mar 25, 2008, 6:12 PM

Post #23 of 23 (2805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] I'm still surviving in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, many thanks for the info i hv replied to your post under topic: "dog friendly places", i just read you post this morning, although cannot make it this time Unsure but will try to do so in my next balik kampung probably during the Labour Day holiday

"...love me...feed me...never leave me..." - Garfield

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my