First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

janvi27
New User

Jan 9, 2008, 1:49 PM

Post #1 of 93 (8522 views)
Shortcut
Looking for a male pup (pedigree) Can't Post

Hi there

I am looking for a male pedigree pus (somewhere between 2 months above and below 6 months old).

To be honest, I do not intend to spend a hefty sum on the pup as I believe that I can use that money to nuture the pup instead.

We've just moved to our own house and intend to get a pet to accompany me and my family.

If anyone is intending to let go off their pups for a small fee (due to any valid reasons), please do mail me at janvin23@streamyx.com

No breeders please - just those who wish to let go off their pets.

TQ

boco

Jan 9, 2008, 5:13 PM

Post #2 of 93 (8515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janvi27] Looking for a male pup (pedigree) [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't intend to spend a fortune but only want pedigree???

reneewong

Jan 9, 2008, 6:33 PM

Post #3 of 93 (8505 views)
Shortcut

Sorry, don't think anyone here has any Pedigreed Pus.

I don't know where you would go about finding that. Normal pus probably I can help you lah.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 9, 2008, 7:09 PM

Post #4 of 93 (8499 views)
Shortcut

Best part you dun even have any breed specifically. That shows that you dun even care on how to keep them the right way. And am sure you will give up soon due to certain of their characteristics which dun suit you. I do know of people who has pedigree pups for adoption but I dun think I should be recommending.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

janvi27
New User

Jan 9, 2008, 10:12 PM

Post #5 of 93 (8481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Looking for a male pup (pedigree) [In reply to] Can't Post

Does not mean that if I dont specify the breed I do not know how to take care of dogs. Don't jump your guns just by assuming with what you think you see or hear.

Am just trying to help out by adopting (with a fee of course) from those who do not want their pups.

Reason for a pedigree - I've had mongrels before this who lived with me since i was small right up to their last days. So now, for a change, I would like a pedigree instead.

reneewong

Jan 9, 2008, 11:07 PM

Post #6 of 93 (8468 views)
Shortcut

Sure you might know how to take care of dogs, generically, but do you know about the specific characteristics of different pedigree dogs? They're different from mongrels.

If you feel so strongly that your next dog must be a pedigree and MUST be a puppy, your best bet is to just keep checking out the forum, but those cases of such young pedigrees being up for adoption is pretty much non-existant.

At that age, the pedigree dogs are very saleable.

Here is a link to one person willing to adopt out their purebred Australian shepherd for about $300 - which in my opinion is an extremely good 'price' for a young dog. you definitely won't find a pedigree pup going for cheaper. http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

Specifically for that breed you have to be ready for a dog that needs a lot of attention and interaction - not just petting, but also training to keep his brain active as it is considered a 'working dog' and therefore you can't just leave it outside in the yard without human interaction like you might have done with mongrels.

hailey

Jan 16, 2008, 10:17 PM

Post #7 of 93 (8289 views)
Shortcut

Yeap Yeap!!..

Different doggies have different lifestyles, behaviour, maintainance,..etc..

You got to know which one suits you, your home, etc..

So both, you and ur furkid will have a good life together.

robros
K9 Maniac

Jan 18, 2008, 12:45 AM

Post #8 of 93 (8235 views)
Shortcut

Another case of a new user looking for pedigree pups

Quote: Am just trying to help out by adopting (with a fee of course) from those who do not want their pups.

Aiyoh, think ppl eagerly dumping their pedigree pups here & grateful to you for asking?

If u are sincere in helping out by adopting...get a mix breed. If not, dont bother about the "i am doing you fellas a huge favour" attitude here. Seen too many of your types here with different names (probably same people) and same attitudes. Think you had dogs before, you are ready for any pedigree dogs.

Why do you think there are even pedigree dogs abandoned? Cause stupid irresponsible owners get into situations like these (among others)

1. All dogs same what, and find out that they are wrong

2. So cuteeeeee and how come not cute anymore when they grow up?

3. Overwhelm the owner.

janvi27
New User

Jan 18, 2008, 5:28 PM

Post #9 of 93 (8210 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Looking for a male pup (pedigree) [In reply to] Can't Post

Excuse me....no pedigrees for adoption??? please....

Than what is all these posts of all kinds of pedigrees up for adoption - hoax is it???

Just because we choose pedigrees does not mean that we are lesser human beings.

And just because a bunch of you are into rescuing mongrels DOES NOTmakes you a level higher than all others.

Nonsense.......

If you are interested in helping out those who are only interested in mongrels, then for heaven's sake, do change your forum's name FOR MONGREL LOVERS ONLY.

Utter crap nonsense.

(This post was edited by janvi27 on Jan 18, 2008, 5:31 PM)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 18, 2008, 6:36 PM

Post #10 of 93 (8204 views)
Shortcut

There are pedigrees for adoption. Y must they contact you why can't you contact them. Cannot even spend a bit on that phone call/sms? Who mention mongrels are the ones need to be rescued. There are many pedigrees dumped also la..

There are few thread offering pedigree can you tell how to take care of that particular dog the right way? No introduction dun expect anyone to come knocking at your door and say i have pedigree for you. I also know people who has pedigrees waiting to be rehomed. And by my recommendation you can get it almost immediately. Can't convince me then it is too bad that i dun see you putting in an effort in introducing and convincing us here. Instead you are here scolding everyone.

Think I should dedicate the song by Michael Jackson to you - Man in the mirror Smile

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

reneewong

Jan 18, 2008, 8:02 PM

Post #11 of 93 (8198 views)
Shortcut

um, I don't think we said there are no pedigrees for adoption. We said there are no pedigree PUPS between age of 2 months and 6 months for adoption.

Most of the pedigrees you see up for adoption are older than that - only recently that one of the australian shepherd but I think that dog was 9 months old.

Which is outside what you were asking?

Never said adopting pedigree dog is bad. Just that you don't want a pedigree dog because of it's specific trait - e.g. easily trainable GR or good guarddog GSD or something like that. It's like you want pedigree just because it's pedigree - so like it's a status symbol thing and not for love of the dog

As Yen said - there's lot of pedigree dogs that get dumped yes, and they do get re-homed through this forum. But doesn't mean anyway has to give it to you.

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 18, 2008, 9:59 PM

Post #12 of 93 (8193 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi there

I am looking for a male pedigree pus (somewhere between 2 months above and below 6 months old).

To be honest, I do not intend to spend a hefty sum on the pup as I believe that I can use that money to nuture the pup instead.

We've just moved to our own house and intend to get a pet to accompany me and my family.

If anyone is intending to let go off their pups for a small fee (due to any valid reasons), please do mail me at janvin23@streamyx.com

No breeders please - just those who wish to let go off their pets.

TQ

Just for your info, it is not that there are no pedigrees that are up for adoption. As far as I'm aware of, there are quite alot of pedigrees that are up for adoption (check other threads). However, none of them are up to your criteria.

"somewhere between 2 months above and below 6 months old")

Most of the pedigrees that are up for adoption are somewhere around 1 year old and above.

Even if I have a pedigree that I'm giving out, I wouldn't give it to you even if no one wants it... Below are the reasons why i wouldn't give it to you.

1. You did not specify a breed. - How do I know if you understand the breed of pup that I have?

2. You did not tell us of your experiences. - How do I know that you are capable of handling the breed that I have? Or how do i know if you are aware of the health issues of the breed i have?

3. You did not tell us the number of people in your family as well as the age of your kids. - How do i know if the dog i have is suitable for you or not? if you have a young child and i were to give you a Doberman for instance... And anything happens to your child... Who's to be blamed?

4. If you are really into dogs, why didn't you consider some of the mix-breeds that are available? - I know some people who have adopted here were looking for pedigrees but in the end they adopted a mix-breed or mongrel. (This is because they love dogs but not the breed. To them, breed is just a preference.)

5. You said that you want it to accompany you and your family. - But does that include guarding your house? If you are looking for a dog that can accompany your family as well as be a guard dog, then some breeds are not suitable for you.

6. You did not have the initiative to ask for contacts - Why do i want to call you to ask you if you want my dog or not when everyone else is calling me regarding the dog and spends time to talk to me?

Basically, I do not know you and you do not know me.. And you did say anything that could have even convinced me to reply your post if i have a pedigree pup to let go.

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

robros
K9 Maniac

Jan 21, 2008, 8:58 PM

Post #13 of 93 (8106 views)
Shortcut

HELLO!! Operative word...pups! Pedigree for adoption YES but not your requirement. Pedigree pups 2-6 mths, honestly ppl would rather sell.

Case of not digesting what ppl say. Read what you write yourself!! Dont care what breed, as long as pedigree, eh? How do others know whether their pedigree suits your lifestyle? Or you are the most suitable adopter for it. I went to PAWS yesterday...they also have pedigrees...dalmation, GSD, basset hound. etc.

Pedigrees get dumped too sometimes for the wrong reasons. Not suitable, house got new baby, moving, no time, too expensive, etc, etc.

Your Quote: And just because a bunch of you are into rescuing mongrels DOES NOT makes you a level higher than all others.

Your remark really degrade what these wonderful kind hearted animal rescuers do. I wish I could do even a percentage of what they do. And you speak of mix breeds/mongrels as if they are crap.

Your quote: Just because we choose pedigrees does not mean that we are lesser human beings.

Nope, a choice does not do that it does not but your hypocrite remarks and concept of dogs classification definitely makes you a lesser human being!!

Jason5878
Novice

Jan 21, 2008, 9:40 PM

Post #14 of 93 (8101 views)
Shortcut

Pedigree.....

Sound interesthing for those who never have it before. They should know that it needs a lot of commitment & time to keep a pedigree. Foods, gromming, treat, toys, vaccine, deworn, time for bring your dog for a walk, bath,training...etc

Why not mongrel..? For me mongrels are easy to take care..... and they are as good as pedigree too. I have 5 mongrel at home and all are very loyal & good to me as their owner. So please think it, they deserve the same love from us!

It is a good start for a begineer to get a mongrels since they are easy to take care.

robros
K9 Maniac

Jan 22, 2008, 12:08 AM

Post #15 of 93 (8091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jason5878] Looking for a male pup (pedigree) [In reply to] Can't Post

We do also do not need to discriminate against requests for pedigrees or non-pedigrees if the request is genuine and the adopter is sincere.

We cannot force ppl to accept mix breeds although deep down, I believe even a hard core person can grow to love a mix breed. Dogs are still dogs.

If a person so wish for a pedigree breed _____ if he has upmost experience, love for the breed, time, $$, space and ethusiasm, by all means, he should be considered a a potential adopter.

I have had both mix and pedigree dogs. We can try convincing ppl how hardy, strong, easier, etc, etc to maintain a mongrel, if they havent had a pedigree before, they probably dun believe that its NOT a walk in the park.

They wont believe all the problems they can encounter with pedigrees...until they experience them first hand. Those who really love their dogs will persevere but those shallow ones will be those who dumped at the vet, roadside, shelters, etc. These are those ppl we want to weed out

kitten_penang

Apr 5, 2008, 10:50 AM

Post #16 of 93 (7719 views)
Shortcut

this person sounds very arrogant lah.wonder how he got to this page?if i hav pups also won give himlah.

zephyros
Canine Addict

Apr 10, 2008, 7:47 PM

Post #17 of 93 (7484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jason5878] Looking for a male pup (pedigree) [In reply to] Can't Post

mongrels are great! if i got a big piece of land i got a few that i wanna keep ;_; there is this black female one that is always around my work place! god she's adorable! she can hear my car a mile away! serious! she'll come running as soon as i drive into the parking lot or even click my alarm. seems such a cutie! :D

not to mention notty barking so noisily when it's breakfast time lol

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 10, 2008, 11:36 PM

Post #18 of 93 (7472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] Looking for a male pup (pedigree) [In reply to] Can't Post

ya... seems like the dog can recognise the car engine sound... my dogs are also like that... last time my mongrel are train to help my dad's workers to buy sweets drinks from the petronas that located next to my dad's workshop... so clever... mis the dog so much...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

hammy
Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2008, 4:34 AM

Post #19 of 93 (7458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Looking for a male pup (pedigree) [In reply to] Can't Post

ur dog buy drinks? from petronas? sure o not? u from which country again? heheh.... i miss out some important part is it? Frown

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 11, 2008, 7:17 AM

Post #20 of 93 (7457 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hammy] Looking for a male pup (pedigree) [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... yeap... my dad or his worker will call the petronas worker to put in the sweets or can drinks or snacks into the basket... the basket is hang at the back of the dog... once the basket is hang on his back, he'll know he have to go to petronas... haha... then about the payment, it is pay on credit terms... so, my dog actually went to petronas to collect food only... hehe... other person that touch the basket (means other than the petronas worker), my dog will bark fiercely at that person... don't worry he never bite wan... he just do some acting wan... hehe...

and yo...!! im from malaysia pal.. hehe...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

hammy
Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2008, 8:12 AM

Post #21 of 93 (7450 views)
Shortcut

haha.. if i ever see a dog walking around wit a basket full of foods... apa lagi, mesti petronas givin out free food!!! hahaha... ur dog bark then i ma go sayang2... if ur dog male lagi senang.. kenyit mata je all the food fall on my leg dy.. ahhahahahahhaha... Frown

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 11, 2008, 9:17 AM

Post #22 of 93 (7445 views)
Shortcut

haha... my choco is a male... my dog very ham sap wan...Pirate only bark at boys... never bark at girls...Crazy haha... i think if he's still here and saw you, sure he will give you all the food...Cool

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

(This post was edited by Veanne on Apr 11, 2008, 9:19 AM)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 11, 2008, 6:12 PM

Post #23 of 93 (7410 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi there

To be honest, I do not intend to spend a hefty sum on the pup as I believe that I can use that money to nuture the pup instead. don wan to spend money to buy but wan pedigree?even if u r really lucky n adopted a pedigree n i don think u r willing to spend money to groom the dog(my dog go 4 grooming n one time is RM80,tat is juz normal grooming,if u wan to 'cut patern' is RM 90 something)n pluss some heart vitamin i bought from a petshop is RM8 (per tablets)but can eats 4 times(coz it was still a puppy)n dog food....do u think some normal dog food is good?(from some supermarket)it will makes ut dog become 'chicken pocks'not only i got this experience even my fren oso n if u go buy some dog food in petshop n i don think u r willing to spend those money on it......coz normal dog food in market is RM 20 something n if u buy holistic dog food it will be RM30 something (normal packet)did u know tat?n dog shampoo oso must buy some wif conditioner one coz if ur dog is long fur......n is abt RM25 something n some dog bowl,water bowl,cage etc.....

hammy
Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2008, 8:46 PM

Post #24 of 93 (7391 views)
Shortcut

hahahah.. i knew it... sanggup membelot demi perempuan... sounds so familiar, lik my dog only.. hahahahah

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 11, 2008, 11:58 PM

Post #25 of 93 (7373 views)
Shortcut

haha... i think most of the male dog is like that ba... cause most of the male dog i have adopted before, is like that... never bark at girls... very friendly at girls... expecially those leng lui wan... haih..

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my