Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
advice on MIN PIN

shsean
Novice

Jan 4, 2008, 3:47 AM

Post #1 of 15 (17786 views)
Shortcut
advice on MIN PIN Can't Post

Hi i have a female miz dalmatian and i want to add a companion for my current dog. So, i wonder if Miniature pinsher is suitable dog ? will it get well with other dogs as well?

thanks for your replies..

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jan 25, 2008, 2:22 AM

Post #2 of 15 (17735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shsean] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

Min. Pin is a toy breed. It always best not to social them with big dogs. Min. pin cant be challenged and always unaware of their size. I always believe they are a doberman caught in a small dog's body...(they berani mati, always have no fear fighting with rottie, gsd or any other big dogs)

Anyway, this also depends whetehr your current dog is ok, with other dog. Try to intro them bit by bit. I have 2 min. pin and a mixed breed. The male min. pin is the alpha. Always have his body pinned by the mixed breed during playing, but still he is the 'winner' ....

shsean
Novice

Jan 25, 2008, 6:15 PM

Post #3 of 15 (17727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your advice.. Min pin is sure a very energetic and alert dog..

zephyros
Canine Addict

Jan 29, 2008, 6:01 PM

Post #4 of 15 (17712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shsean] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

quoted

The Miniature Pinscher is a hardy little fellow that is very demanding and headstrong. This proud, overly courageous dog likes to bark. They are loyal to their masters, spirited and alert, with high energy. Intelligent, lively and brave, it is a big dog in a little dog's body. The Miniature Pinscher is moderately protective. Some can be very aggressive with other dogs, but they are generally good with other pets and children provided the children do not pester. They are rather suspicious towards strangers, but their behavior depends entirely upon how they were brought up as young pups. Don't spoil this breed too much or the dog may become a tyrant. The Miniature Pinscher can learn extremely well and wants very much to do so. It is certainly beneficial for its socialization to take the dog to puppy courses where it can meet other dogs and people. You will be amazed at how fast the Miniature Pinscher understands and obeys you. Pay particular attention when housebreaking this little Pinscher, since a little puddle from such a small dog can easily be overlooked; the dog may get the idea that you are happy to accept it fulfilling its natural needs indoors. The Miniature Pinscher is often called "King Of The Toys." Beware, this little dog will chew small objects and may choke on them. Do not overfeed this breed.

teck333
Novice

Feb 22, 2008, 9:35 PM

Post #5 of 15 (17677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

I need a little advice here. I have a min pin which his ears are not cropped and tail is not docked. Is there any necessary to do so? if really wanna do, where can i do this and wat is the cost for doing this?

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 22, 2008, 9:58 PM

Post #6 of 15 (17673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [teck333] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

My personal opinion. Not necessary. Cos it will cost pain to your dog, unless if it still a puppy. Mine is docked but ear not cropped. But, it was done when I got them from the Pet Shop.

However, if u plan to do it. Please consult your vet. I think most of the vet can do this for you. I think ear cropping is less painful than tail docking....but still I am not sure....just refer to your vet...

xena11a
Novice

Feb 23, 2008, 1:24 AM

Post #7 of 15 (17665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [teck333] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Teck,

Normally tail docking is done within a week when the pup was born whereas ear cropping done around 3 months old. If you intend your min pin as pet, i think it is not neccessary to do so. Docking and cropping are a painful experience for the dog, most show dog will gone through the docking process but not neccesary ear cropping. Normally tail docking is around RM50++ and the ear cropping is RM300++ but only one or 2 in malaysia are doing the ear cropping.

regards,

xena

yurimaster
Novice

Jul 8, 2009, 7:25 AM

Post #8 of 15 (16567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xena11a] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

may i know if min pin easier to train to be a watchdog at home?

he like to jumping around?? barking extensively??bite shoes???we need to dry out his energy level or chain him to reduce his hyper active attitude?no market price value compare to dobermann??

kindly share more stuff on these breeds...

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Jul 8, 2009, 10:34 PM

Post #9 of 15 (16553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yurimaster] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

min pinschers are super duper hyperactive... they're quite common around my neighbourhood... and they're very very noisy... even if you are just a nobody passing by the house, they will bark like you are going to burn their owner's house...caging or or chaining them are virtually impossible because they will need to run around or else they will bark and jump until you free them... biting shoes or other habits depend on your training... the chaining or caging also depend on your training, but it is always not advisable to do so... dobermans are working dogs, so no comparison can be made in this area... you must have the time to train and spend with them...

yurimaster
Novice

Jul 10, 2009, 6:29 AM

Post #10 of 15 (16522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

so min pin is not suitable as watchdog since its have a hyper active temprement and lack of discipline i mean in general...Can dob aka bigger range of min pin a better choice for watchdog? also dob in general easier to train....

also i hear miniature pinscher was easier to get sick and adopt to new surrounding compare to dob.

kindly share me your tots...ok

xena11a
Novice

Jul 14, 2009, 8:34 PM

Post #11 of 15 (16425 views)
Shortcut

Hi Yuri,

Most people will classify min pin as noisy type which i somehow disagreed with that... I have 3 pins at home and 3 of them have different characters. First pin is a very good watch dog, fearless and steady. The second pin is very quiet and only bark on strangers but shows timid when there was a thunderstorm. The last one is the most noisy and bark for nothing! But i love this breed very much!!!

regards,

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Jul 16, 2009, 2:41 AM

Post #12 of 15 (16389 views)
Shortcut

hm... dobermans are very difficult to train... if you do not have the experience of handling such a dog before, then the best is to attend ob classes... breeds such as rotties and dobbies need a lot of attention and time in training... if you are looking for a watchdog in the sense of that they bark and let u know there is a stranger, then min pins are ok... but if u are looking for one that is able to protect you and your household, in the sense of they will attact the intruders, then u will need to look for working dogs like rotties, gsds or dobbies or bullies... but training is the key... it's hard to explain everything at one glance so do look into more info from the web ya...

ssphoon
New User

Aug 17, 2011, 6:05 AM

Post #13 of 15 (13270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

hi am new to dog, is this a min pin?
Attachments: pin1.JPG (56.3 KB)

marciaL
Novice

Aug 18, 2011, 4:21 AM

Post #14 of 15 (13258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ssphoon] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm probably wrong. but that looks like a miniature pincher puppy to me.

a little misconception about small dogs is that they bark or yap like crazy. i had a mini pin and she doesnt bark. i shushed her ever since she was a pup whenever she barks and she stops doing it.

They are usually high energy level dogs though, so you MUST take them out for proper walks to drain their energy.

xena11a
Novice

Oct 22, 2011, 11:21 PM

Post #15 of 15 (10820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ssphoon] advice on MIN PIN [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ssphoon,

Right on! It's a min pin, chocolate tan color. So cute!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my