Heartgard and Deworm

suchiate
New User

Jan 2, 2008, 7:20 PM

Post #1 of 3 (6911 views)
Shortcut
Heartgard and Deworm Can't Post

Hi Guys,

I was told once by one of the pet shop that if I give Heartgard to my puppy, I do not need to give deworming pills. Is that true?

As i am really doubtful that why people still buy deworm pills since they can get 2 in 1 effect with heartgard?

Please help, I am confused as my puppy is already 7 months and it has only dewormed in the earlier stages of vaccination and never since.

Please if i need to supply deworm pills, what is a good brand suggested?

Some people also tell me that if my puppy does not have worms, there is no point giving deworm pills. This questions me whether deworm pills are for killing or prevention or both? Because I dont mind to play on the safe side to give deworm pills every 3 months but will it affect the puppy's health if they have no worms and we feed deworm pills?

Please advice, Thanks!!

curryalib
Novice

Mar 25, 2009, 8:16 PM

Post #2 of 3 (5602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [suchiate] Heartgard and Deworm [In reply to] Can't Post

I also in doubt on this, please advise too... thanks

Frown Join me and earn more MC$ Frown

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 26, 2009, 7:56 AM

Post #3 of 3 (5594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [curryalib] Heartgard and Deworm [In reply to] Can't Post

There are many types of worms and the deworming that is covered by heatgard is only for a few types of worms. Complete deworming is best to go for specific dewrom pills. Even so there is 1 type of worm that if found has to give a special medication to clear..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my