Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
Newcomer, wanna make friends wz acs owners

mudmud
Novice

Dec 20, 2007, 4:19 AM

Post #1 of 13 (3984 views)
Shortcut
Newcomer, wanna make friends wz acs owners Can't Post

Hi there i'm mudmud, i find this forum very interesting. I wish to make some acs lover friends.

dogslover
Canine Addict

Dec 21, 2007, 5:54 PM

Post #2 of 13 (3959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mudmud] Newcomer, wanna make friends wz acs owners [In reply to] Can't Post

HEY there....i'm acs lover also...i was thinking to give her away but one of this forum member say need 2 spay so i don think i'm gonna give it away d..how many acs do u have?i have 1 she is brown n only 9 month...she is now on heat d..hahaha

mudmud
Novice

Dec 22, 2007, 2:56 AM

Post #3 of 13 (3945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dogslover] Newcomer, wanna make friends wz acs owners [In reply to] Can't Post

Great to hear from you, dogslover ! I m in love with acs for 8 years now. I have a 8yrs old male (buff) and a 4 yrs old bitch (red). Can we exchange tips on acs ?

GSlover
Canine Addict

Dec 23, 2007, 5:33 AM

Post #4 of 13 (3928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mudmud] Newcomer, wanna make friends wz acs owners [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, glad to hear that ACS owners are here. I have 5 ACS (2M & 3F) and one Beagle now. 4 of my ACS are red buff only 1 is cream buff.

Just bought a 7 weeks Brazil line show quality ACS puppy. Intend to participate in MKA show next year.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Dec 23, 2007, 5:54 AM

Post #5 of 13 (3924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSlover] Newcomer, wanna make friends wz acs owners [In reply to] Can't Post

Here are my ACS pictures:-

Giselle - 7 weeks old

Ginger - 9 months old

Golden - 1 year old

CoCo - 3 years old

Cheezel - 2 years old

mudmud
Novice

Dec 24, 2007, 3:07 AM

Post #6 of 13 (3911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSlover] Newcomer, wanna make friends wz acs owners [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to hear from you. A very beautiful puppy. Where did you buy it ? How much ? I heard from my friends Brazil show line is very rare in Malaysia N quite difficult to buy.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Dec 24, 2007, 7:09 PM

Post #7 of 13 (3897 views)
Shortcut

I bought through a friend who knows the breeder (which also advertised on puppy.com). Well..as you mentioned Brazil line puppy not easily available and price definitely not cheap either.

Last time I wanted to buy Ricky's Brazil line puppy, but his puppies are all cream buff. I always like red buff or chocolate colour. And this breeder has the colour I wanted. Giselle's colour right now is already showing red buff, hopefully when she grows up the colour could be even darker.

mudmud
Novice

Dec 25, 2007, 4:16 AM

Post #8 of 13 (3889 views)
Shortcut

Wow it seems price dont matter to you. Gisele is very pretty. So, will you be showing her next year ? What bout the rest of your ASC, keeping their coat long ? Mind to share some grooming tips ?

GSlover
Canine Addict

Dec 25, 2007, 8:20 AM

Post #9 of 13 (3883 views)
Shortcut

Well...price do matter but most importantly must have a good gene and temperament, initial price is expensive but in the long run, it may be cheaper than buying a cheap and problematic low quality dog. Good gene & temperament = smarter dog too. Easier to train.

I only intend to keep Golden and Giselle fur long, the rest will maintain only puppy cut. Cannot afford to spend so much time in grooming on each dog. It may take 2-4 hours to properly groom a dog, and every day still have to spend at least twice a day combing the long fur, so that the fur won't get matt easily. Since I have so many ACS, cannot every time send them to pet salon, so I have invested some grooming kit myself which cost me around RM300-400. And then I use good quality conditioner and shampoo every time I bath them. Last time I used to bath them every 3-4 days, but realized that the fur getting dry, so now I only bath them once a week with shampoo. Other days just wash with water since the fur easily get dip into the pee or poo.

mudmud
Novice

Dec 26, 2007, 3:30 AM

Post #10 of 13 (3866 views)
Shortcut

i agree with you, have heard frm a reputable breeder its important to select puppies frm a good bloodline, irregardless for showing purpose or as pet. My personal point of view keeping a dog is a life time thing, is a commitment. To see them grow up grow old, like a member of my family. They bring us lots of joy n laughter of course sometimes problems too. But to some people when their pets give them problem or they arent good enough or buying them for the sake of buying, these poor doggies end up as stray... My little boy is 8yrs old now, i know he ll have many more great years with me. I bought my little girl when he was 4 yrs old, to keep him company when i m out for work (not for breeding purpose cos i know i cudnt handle more that 2). Only my little girl is keeping long coat cos tat old boy cant stand too long for grooming. I prefer to groom them myself, not that i trust groomers at pet shop but grooming them myself is also spending quality time with them, besides playing. What shampoo r you using on them ? Good shampoo with proper conditioning shudnt be dry on their coats.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Dec 27, 2007, 7:04 AM

Post #11 of 13 (3842 views)
Shortcut

I used Tulipspet conditioning shampoo, and occasionally use Champion Tails shampoo.

mudmud
Novice

Jan 19, 2008, 4:10 AM

Post #12 of 13 (3709 views)
Shortcut

haven't heard from you for a long time, how's your little Giselle doin ?..... Just had my little girl groomed for CNY...how bout your babies ?

GSlover
Canine Addict

Jan 26, 2008, 9:38 AM

Post #13 of 13 (3602 views)
Shortcut

Oh..I didn't tell you that Giselle's eye was bitten by my beagle Whoopy within the 1st week, it was swollen for 3 weeks. Lucky thing it was only the 3rd eye lid was bitten. Giselle's eye had minor surgery but still not perfect. Will wait for another 2 months to decide whether she needs to do another round of rectification or not.

Recently I just groomed CoCo myself, and now he looks like a rock star "Prince".

Golden and Giselle during fun play:-

(This post was edited by GSlover on Jan 26, 2008, 9:50 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my