Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Eye Care and Conditions:
Red Eyes in a Pit Bull foster dog

hmp2z
New User

Jun 1, 2003, 7:23 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1787 views)
Shortcut
Red Eyes in a Pit Bull foster dog Can't Post

Hi! We have a pit bull who we are fostering right now. We picked him up on Sunday, May 25th, and we noticed right away that the white part of his right eye is really red. It seems to have gotten a bit worse - he is squinting it a bit and it is watering. Should we contact the rescue group about getting him to a vet? Or is there something that we can do for him at home? He is a sweet dog, and our first foster, and I would hate for something to happen to him while he is in our care!

Thank you!

Heather W

doodle
ALPHA

Jan 2, 2004, 9:10 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hmp2z] Red Eyes in a Pit Bull foster dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hello..

i am not too sure whether this helps. A vet pointed out to me that my basset has red eyes too. He told me that it might be infected... maybe dust or some sort. He gave me a tube which I was required to apply on his eyes everyday. It gets better now. He said our dog's eyes are suppose to be pinkish, like their gums.

Therefore, maybe you would like to point the red eyes in your pit bull to the vet?
i hope this help.

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 2, 2004, 9:30 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hmp2z, doodle] Red Eyes in a Pit Bull foster dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hmp2z,

I think u should just save the time and get the pitt to the vet. Better be sure than sorry. I dont think any internet counselling is going to actually pinpoint anything that u can DIY.

Doodle,

Loved the new pics on your avatar. What happen to the AK47 working dog???....lolTongueSmileBlush

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my