Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Does ur dog let u groom him/her?

simweiken
Novice

Nov 21, 2007, 9:00 PM

Post #1 of 23 (3092 views)
Shortcut
Does ur dog let u groom him/her? Can't Post

GUys...Does ur dog let u groom him or her without having anything to let him eat or chew at? Cos my puppy right..unless there's peanut butter in KONG...he won't let me groom him...can i train him like dun nid anything to eat or chew and jst groom him? its a 3 month husky btw...Unsure

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Nov 22, 2007, 5:45 PM

Post #2 of 23 (3073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simweiken] Does ur dog let u groom him/her? [In reply to] Can't Post

perhaps u need an assistant i guess....Smile

simweiken
Novice

Nov 23, 2007, 6:11 AM

Post #3 of 23 (3055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniel_wong99] Does ur dog let u groom him/her? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya lor..currently my gf helping me...hahax...But i hope i can settle it alone without peanut butter anymore..haha..Laugh

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Nov 23, 2007, 5:29 PM

Post #4 of 23 (3046 views)
Shortcut

Crazy i would like to know the solution too, eventhough im only bringing my puppy home by nex month.

i guess my puppy r more challenging, coz his hair even longer...some more need style....Pirate

hope any of the expert here will explain on this....

simweiken
Novice

Nov 23, 2007, 8:10 PM

Post #5 of 23 (3039 views)
Shortcut

daniel..Hope i can help u with this...u feed him peanut butter by putting it inside some rubber toy..Probably u put in a puppy-KONG(brand) toy will be better..Dun buy those that human spread on the bread de peanut butter..cos got salt and sugar..iF...IF can...try buying those more expensive one..Cos mine ingredient only got PEANUT...nth else..Den use put it on a floor and he/she will love it..Den u start grooming..dun too harsh...slowly slowly..with baby powder will be good...smoothen the fur and it will be easily brush...Wink Try not to buy those peanut butter from petshop..Cos if u see the ingredient..u will be shoik..there are chemicalS stuff inside..alot..Hope these tips help..

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Nov 24, 2007, 2:00 AM

Post #6 of 23 (3025 views)
Shortcut

hey Ken, u mean those peanut butter put inside the toy kong?Shocked

how to put? or spread a bit inside and let him focusing on discovering it??

then which peanut butter should i buy? any suggestion on brand and the price?Shocked

those most expensive still meant for human rite??Tongue sorry beginner here.

thanks for the suggestion...i guess this will help me to groom him easier...hehe

simweiken
Novice

Nov 26, 2007, 7:27 PM

Post #7 of 23 (2976 views)
Shortcut

Normally..I'll use the opposite side of the spoon or fork(handle)..WHich we hold our spoon..Then use it to spread the peanut butter inside the hole of the KONG toy..or another rubber toys if u wan to...There's no need to get his/her attention everytime..Once u let him/her lick it once...He/she will keep licking it till the very last..About the peanut butter right...U can buy the better one by reading the ingredient..Its better to be without salt and sugar...All peanut butter are for human...But u've to take the resposiblity by reading the ingredient..best is INGREDIENT : PEANUT (ONLY)..Like i say..dun buy from pet shop..cos those are inside the bottle are preservative...alot of chemical stuff..About the amount of peanut butter right..U've to see how long ur dog takes to finish the whole peanut butter inside the toy..If he finishes quickly before u can finish grooming him/her..Spread again..Normally for puppy..a half to 3/4 peanut butter shld be enuff to groom it..But shld u spread alot of peanut butter..Reduce his/her amount of meal later..(just reduce abit will do) Cos eat alot of peanut butter will grow abit fat..WHich is not suitable for a puppy diet as obesity can get serious when ur dog grows up...The peanut butter finished already..Wait till i buy a new one..I'll post it to u..=)) Hope these will help.....Laugh Tc..

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Nov 27, 2007, 2:01 AM

Post #8 of 23 (2963 views)
Shortcut

wow, what a detail and good explanation, thanks for that ya, appreciate it so much.

i've check out the peanut butter yday, and i found that selling at the super market are all with salt, even the most expensive 1 and the cheapest 1.

pls ya, remember to post it up after u bought the new peanut butter for ur husky...i wanna get the same brand.

thanks so so much ya....hehe

simweiken
Novice

Nov 27, 2007, 6:45 AM

Post #9 of 23 (2952 views)
Shortcut

Actually daniel..I got my peanut butter from singapore..its from "Cold storage"...Its a super market...i got it from 7+ sing dollar..Even in singapore hard to find these kind of peanut butter..So,in msia..i tink its hard for ppl like us..Cos i travel to singapore once a week..So can buy all those stuff..Even KONG toys...Msia (JB) also have limited range of sizes...singapore easy to get..So if u happen to go to singapore...Try to visit all those pet shops..All the best..Smile i'll post the pic to u asap..probably weekend when i travel to singapore..Try to check this forum on weekend..Cool hoho

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Nov 27, 2007, 6:23 PM

Post #10 of 23 (2932 views)
Shortcut

hi Ken, im staying in KL and nearby my house there is a 'Cold Storage' supermarket, but im not sure whether nowadays still there or not, but i think even the Cold Storage S'pore selling the peanut butter u mentioned, might not selling in Cold Storage Msia.Unimpressed

the Kong toy selling at pet's wonderland cost a bomb, after discount around RM30+ if not mistaken.Crazy

so good can travel to Spore so often, u r Johorian rite?Tongue

thanks in advance for the photo going to upload, i thank u on behalf of my puppy..

will try all my best to look for the same peanut butter in malaysia...just for my puppy...Sly

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Nov 27, 2007, 9:26 PM

Post #11 of 23 (2922 views)
Shortcut

aiyoo so kang kor.......i myself also never so hard working go look for specific peanut butter brand to eat.....betul ho-mia mannnn ur pup. Tongue

If I were u, I will try the cold storage in Bangsar or KLCC. Must go to places with banyak banyak expats. Chances are better u find them there. Wink

Anyway little bit of salt is ok kua. Not say everyday u give the fella right.... my dogs i bagi Skippy whenever I eat PB&J sandwich. They get to lick my spoon clean. Hahaha Tongue

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

simweiken
Novice

Nov 27, 2007, 11:12 PM

Post #12 of 23 (2915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Does ur dog let u groom him/her? [In reply to] Can't Post

actually dogs eat all kind of peanut butter de..Hahax..but don't wan them to drop their fur ma..so i usually dun feed them salt or sugar..i usually feed my dog if he is boring and i got no time for him..maybe when i'm out..then i will feed him..together wif kibble inside sometimes...keep him occupy.LOls...Steffy is right daniel..go to those BIG cold storage...Cos usually there will be more choices..and maybe u can find it there...

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Nov 28, 2007, 5:53 PM

Post #13 of 23 (2896 views)
Shortcut

ya, but i'll still prefer those without salt at all, later if drop fur then big trouble edi.Crazy

if contain sugar, will caused doggy dropping fur too? my previous boxer i'll spread some sugar sometimes on his food, nothing happen to him...but duno whether because of the sugar or what, he was hyper active.Cool

Thanks for the suggestion Ken and Steffy, appreciate it so much...

hopefully i can found those without salt and sugar 1.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Nov 28, 2007, 8:35 PM

Post #14 of 23 (2889 views)
Shortcut

ahahah sugar-high hahahahahaha.....never observe ur dog's eyes ah, see got stoned or not.

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Nov 29, 2007, 2:05 AM

Post #15 of 23 (2876 views)
Shortcut

what u mean by that?? sorry....noob here...Tongue

anyway, did u all heard of any whitening shampoo that really effective??

i found 1 whitening shampoo...but cost a bomb, average size (quite small actually) bottle selling RM50Shocked

any idea on cheaper whitening shampoo, which must oso effective 1 ??Pirate

simweiken
Novice

Nov 29, 2007, 7:34 AM

Post #16 of 23 (2864 views)
Shortcut

Yea..these are the picture...I cant wait..so went to buy le...In order to groom my husky..haha..there u goes..
Attachments: babyloves0846.jpg (105 KB)
  babyloves0848.jpg (106 KB)
  babyloves0850.jpg (54.0 KB)
  babyloves0849.jpg (90.3 KB)
  babyloves0851.jpg (55.8 KB)
  babyloves0847.jpg (97.5 KB)

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Nov 29, 2007, 5:28 PM

Post #17 of 23 (2845 views)
Shortcut

haha...thanks for the pics Ken, appreciate it....somemore got shots from different angles...Laugh

i'll try to look for the same peanut butter, hopefully i can found, so good becausse the label there stated 'unsalted'...haha...

anyway, how u spread on the kong toy?? spread on the surface of the toy??Shocked

simweiken
Novice

Nov 29, 2007, 8:20 PM

Post #18 of 23 (2839 views)
Shortcut

Welcome...I spread it IN the KONG...As in..u use the handle of the spoon to scoop the p/butter then put inside the kong lorx..Like that then the ur dog will have a hard time licking it out..den u groom him/her lor..sometimes if ur dog is pain..when u pull the fur..u use ur leg to step on the toy lor..so he/she can lick while staying there for u to groom..my kong toy got string..so i step on the string..He cant run away but stay there and lick...hahax..Cool

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Nov 29, 2007, 9:09 PM

Post #19 of 23 (2838 views)
Shortcut

Crazy sugar-high like getting high from alcohol/drugs lah....but this one is thru super high sugar intake.

I never tried whitening shampoo before cos my dogs are not white white. They are buffed. Yeah whitenining shampoo all quite expensive lah.....no harm trying lor. Burn 50 this time, if no change, then don buy liao lah. But such thing ah, cannot see effect in 1 or 2 bath only lah. Sure have to use a few bottles only can see effect punya. Hahahahaahahahaha Tongue

simweiken
Novice

Nov 29, 2007, 10:31 PM

Post #20 of 23 (2831 views)
Shortcut

as for shampoo right...dun bath ur dog to often..the fur will get dry up..cos u wash away the 'oil' in their fur-skin there...den cause the fur to dried up...so..maybe bath once a month lor...if really smelly...use powder...powder works wonder on dog...there're also whitenening powder..maybe u can try looking...rather then buying the shampoo which will cost u a bomb...and also...bathing everytime is not good for ur dog...especially puppy..try to bath them only when their are 3 months later..All whitenening shampoo have diff method to "white up" ur dog..some is nutrient up the root..then like steffy said..must wait until ur dog shed up for the new fur to grow..then only will u see white white fur...HohO...Some is very strong de so-called 'bleach'..Make sure u get the right stuff my fren...=))..All the best...Smile

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Nov 30, 2007, 5:45 PM

Post #21 of 23 (2798 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Ken and Steffy for the suggestion.

i read from some web site, they suggest us to bath our dog once a month or longer, im wondering, if 1 week didnt bath him, even my neighbour also can smell it edi (this is the case happened on my previous doggy)...Blush

really confuse, quite hard to take care/maintain a white fluffy doggy...can i found the powder at usual pet shop? is it really in powder form? wont the doggy sneeze while im cleaning him with the powder??

i think i'll seek for the suggestion from the breeder when i go and bring my puppy home nex month, hooray...3 more weeks later from now i can have my puppy edi.Laugh

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Nov 30, 2007, 9:02 PM

Post #22 of 23 (2788 views)
Shortcut

I guess there is some truth to what you read on the web about bathing ur dog as little as possible. Wink

Really depends on u as the owner lah. When my friend first dumped Gizmo to me, almost everyday have to bath tau.....almost every 24hrs have to bath cos he sleep on his own pee lah, step on his own poo lah. How lah to tahan like that. My other dog Rascal wont even get close to Gizmo cos he stinks kua and gets all stressed up whenever we place Gizmo close to him. Crazy

So I bath Gizmo eveyrtime he stinks. All those cologne all tak boleh pakai punya when the dog is smelly. It doesnt mask the smell at all. So no choice, have to bath. Then slowly slowly stretched to 3 days and now 1 week once. 1 week once bath also the color of his water is dirtier than Rascal who baths 2 times a month. So imagine lah how to bath twice a year. Sure I pengsan lor...... Tongue

If u dont want ur dog's fur to get stripped off their oil and yet cannot tahan not bathing the fella for more than 5 days, use a milder shampoo lor.

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Dec 1, 2007, 12:19 AM

Post #23 of 23 (2777 views)
Shortcut

haha, yes, like ur case, sure must bath often...pity ur Gizmo....even ur other doggy oso dun wanna get near to him.Unsure

the smell is not the main concern for me, as long as its not that strong, im just worry the fur become yellowish, FYI my puppy is a westie, so im headache now on the way to maintain his white fur...even he will arrive my home by next 3 weeks but now im already started to worry about this...Pirate because i saw a lot of 'west highland yellowish terrier'...their hair become yellowish edi, not that handsomeFrown extremely worry about him now...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my