Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
anyone missing a brown dog?

eli
Enthusiast

May 31, 2003, 12:19 AM

Post #1 of 10 (1489 views)
Shortcut
anyone missing a brown dog? Can't Post

has anyone lost a small terrier-looking brown male dog?
came across one last night while walking my dogs. we were afraid he'd get run over by a car so got him to follow us while we tried asking ard the neighbourhood. he then followed us home. gave him a bath and discovered he's full of ticks!
have left him with a vet to de-tick him cos i'm afraid our dogs will get infected.
anyway, he's no puppy, ears upright. vet thinks he could be shih tzu (eyes) mixed with local breed. i'd say he's about maybe 10-inch high. quite friendly.
aft chkg doggy sites, i thk he looks rather like a cairn terrier...
believe he has been missing from home for a long time based on the colonies of ticks on him!
oh, found him in pusat bdr puchong.

will post pix as soon as possible.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 31, 2003, 12:39 AM

Post #2 of 10 (1483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eli] anyone missing a brown dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eli,

Maybe you could contact joyce. Pls refer to her earlier post about Roger - a white mix terrier.

cheers,
minglmy

eli
Enthusiast

May 31, 2003, 3:11 AM

Post #3 of 10 (1477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] anyone missing a brown dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

er, i did say it's a brown dog....

Joyce_nx
Novice

May 31, 2003, 6:47 AM

Post #4 of 10 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
This is Joyce here. I'm pretty sure the dog u found is not Roger, who went missing in the USJ 9 area. As u mentioned, 'ur' dog is brown. Nice of u to have taken him in. On our rounds looking for Rog, we came across a brown female mongrel (about 8 mths), which we fed and handed over to PAWS. Wish somebody has done the same for Rog...

eli
Enthusiast

May 31, 2003, 6:38 PM

Post #5 of 10 (1468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Joyce_nx] anyone missing a brown dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

the brown dog has been treated and the ticks are all dried up and dropping off!
hope we find the owner soon.
know what u mean abt roger. got my patches back last month and last week found out who had been feeding her while she was lost. we gave the lady some chocs and cookies as a token of our appreciation and even brought patches to see her furry friends who shared their food with her!
hope you find roger real soon.

sweeeng
ALPHA

May 31, 2003, 8:14 PM

Post #6 of 10 (1467 views)
Shortcut

Hi Eli ...

Maybe you can ask around the neighbourhood first. If nobody admit it's theirs, maybe u can put up for adoption.... if u don't intend to keep...

sometimes it's rather funny ... ppl wants a dog but never keep them properly...

Regards,
Swee Eng

Joyce_nx
Novice

Jun 1, 2003, 3:48 AM

Post #7 of 10 (1462 views)
Shortcut

Hi eli,

Great that u got Patches back safe and sound Laugh. It's been one week to the day that Roger has gone missing. If it weren't for the fact that he is so old, I wouldn't be quite so worried (no, that's not quite true, I guess I'd still be). I keep thinking that the road sweepers may have removed his body (God forbidFrown). Do they work Saturdays? Do I sound like I'm losing my mind?Mad

candymyluv
New User

Jun 2, 2003, 4:52 AM

Post #8 of 10 (1448 views)
Shortcut

erm May i know its a female or a male?do u have a pic of it..?i lost my terrier in sec 17 ..so i hope its her.

eli
Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2003, 4:16 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Joyce_nx] anyone missing a brown dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi joyce,
yes, i'm so grateful that patches is back safe and sound. as a committed dog owner, u'd worry no matter how young or old ur pet is. i left photos with the developer's office, vets, dog pound, etc.
no, u don't sound like u're losing ur mind. just very worried. i would be too in ur position and i was...
will be praying for u to get roger back.

on another note, the brown dog (we temporarily named him duvak after that vulcan character in star trek) has been claimed by a woman and her two children. bumped into them when i took my dogs out for walk last evening and duvak happily trailed us.
the dog obviously recognised them but i have misgivings after i relinquished control of him. none of them even touched him the entire time we compared notes about him!
i can't imagine not wanting to hug my dog if i'd been so worried about him!
they said he's very naughty, always running out when the door is open, and returning only at night. when he didn't show for a couple of days (they weren't even sure how long he'd been missing!), the mother thot he might have been stolen "like our earlier dog". she said she did try looking for him by driving ard with her son. but no, no posters anywhr and certainly they never asked at the two vets near our area.
i told them he was thoroughly infested with ticks when i found him and i'd sent him to be cleaned up. the lady could only say thank u. she quickly put him in her car while i continued to talk with her children. she did not offer to pay me for the vet or even ask where i stay.
the dog is cute and we'd spent most of saturday picking out each and every dried tick off his body...
by the time, i was through talking with the woman, i was drained - emotionally. not that i'd already formed a strong bond with him but i wasn't sure he was going to be given much care or love.
some ppl just don't get what owning dog means...
if i didn't already have 3 dogs, i'd fight her for him!
i'm now thinking of reporting her to spca - but after i find out exactly where she stays!
sorry if i sound so 'geram' cos i am!

Joyce_nx
Novice

Jun 3, 2003, 7:17 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1423 views)
Shortcut

Hi again eli,
You've every right to feel so geram! After all the pains u took to care for THEIR DOG! The least they could have done was to offer to pay. Anyway, be comforted by the fact that the poor dog will have a few tick-free days, at least!Crazy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my