IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
my Boston Terrier

tanmoon

Nov 27, 2007, 12:54 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2994 views)
Shortcut
my Boston Terrier Can't Post

Someone could help me with my boston terrier problem.

1) She got ticks on her body (cannot make sure whether got mites or not cos some of it was so tiny)

2) one day i can catch out around 50 ticks or mites from her body but the 2nd day i check still a lot especially at her paw

3) she shed fur in a patch

4) she got a lot of dandruff

5) she skin just like human like that tanggal out (tuok pi in chinese)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 28, 2007, 6:04 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tanmoon] my Boston Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Waa... Many possibilities le..

1) Please get your vet to check if it is mange or not. Better go to a good vet. Have a case that a friend was cheated by 3 vets and the mange turn to secondary stage. Pity the dog. Signs as dandruff and flakes can be mange.

2) Bath with Malaseb for this and also use frontline to clear the ticks. Use some anti tick solution for the areas around you.

3) Get it checked if it's bacteria infection or some infection or not. If after a few treatments still not ok try changing dog food. A brand to recommend is Natural Balance Fish and Potato. This might be food allergy if you want to detect it you must feed strictly on this diet and no treats or whatsoever other food.

4 & 5) Dandruff and flaky skin might be mange(high possibility) or some skin prob get it checked. Do not let your dog go near other dogs.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

tanmoon

Nov 29, 2007, 12:16 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] my Boston Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Last time don't have one don't know why suddenly got so many problem. Scare my poodle will get the infection also. Have to quickly bring her go to see doctor. Will let you know again

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my