First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

arthur
ALPHA

May 30, 2003, 8:05 PM

Post #51 of 84 (3710 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Swee Eng,

You're welcome. Smile Actually you can ask to see the vaccine labels. These are the ones the vet will remove and stick it on your doggies vaccination record card. The information is clearly labelled there. Sometimes, they might use the acronym "MLV" which stands for yes..Modified Live Virus. If these words are missing, then that dosage contains dead virus.

And yes, if you are going for the 3rd jab, it'll most probably be a combination of killed and MLV. Most go for the 5-in-1. If you are into show dogs, then the vet would recommend the 6-in-1. (Extra protection is for the canine corona virus)

Rdgs Arthur (PS..I believe we are going off topic here. Should be MarnYook's Intro lah!)

arthur
ALPHA

May 30, 2003, 8:20 PM

Post #52 of 84 (3709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarnYook] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi MarnYook!

Aaahh.. so that's why the prices of MS has gone up! However, as our breed popularity increases, there is also this unfortunate side effect of decreasing breed quality in terms of temperment, genetic flaws etc. especailly if the puppymills get involve to meet the demand.

I have read that this problem has touched every breed that becomes popular. Would like to hear your point of view on this. Smile

As for Thailand dogs..how come they have problem converting the pedigrees to MKA? And thks for the tips NOT to buy frm Sunday market. You mean, there's something like a pasar malam type of place for puppies there?

Rdgs Arthur

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 30, 2003, 9:05 PM

Post #53 of 84 (3703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Arthur, Thanks, will remember all your advices Smile.

Sorry, sorry.. Tongue "him hui" means humble. Are you Penang lang also ??

Smile Eliza

MarnYook
Novice

May 30, 2003, 9:12 PM

Post #54 of 84 (3701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Serious?????? Like that my Marn Yook will have "chi mui" already loh. So over here how many "chi mui and heng dai", i mean for MS??????

Ahchoooh........... "him hui" in cantonese right, eliza????

Eliza, ani kuan hoh seh liao. See wah lang ai kong ih lang eh pai tai chi, wa lang eh sai kong hokkien uay. So ih lang boh beng pek.Sly On top of that, wa lang eh sai kutuk kah liau ah lang kau kau. Hoh seh boh??????

See beh li hai leh.............

pinky55poo
ALPHA

May 30, 2003, 9:13 PM

Post #55 of 84 (3701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it's important to get competent vets & I'm lucky now to have a vet clinic that have vets that I trust (1 with experience & 1 young one who's quite competent too) and they were really savers recently when my Pinky (pug) was very ill with pneumonia and the vet that did her spaying could not diagnose this & kept testing her for heartworms (which proved negative). Anyway, all's well now & lucky for me, when I found these vets, I took my little monster Baby (also pug) to them for her 2nd & 3rd jabs. They also checked her weight, temperature & asked questions before administering the shots. Then the usual advice not to get them wet or to bathe them for at least 10 days.

As most of us are experienced furkids owners, it's still a bit scary to read about furkids dying from their shots & I did breathe a big sigh of relief when my Baby had all her shots without any adverse reaction. Aiyo, sometimes I think ignorance is bliss...Crazy

As for the heartworm/heartguard, I'm still deciding whether to start my 2 girls on them or not. All my previous dogs (boxers, spitzs) were not on heartguard and they lived to ripe old age. My most recent boxer, Beauty, died in March of a twisted gut & she was 6 years old, sob sob. It's like being caught between devil & deep blue sea for the heartguard thing. If you don't, what if they get it. If you do, was it really necessary, sigh.Unimpressed

Marn York's Mommy,
It's certainly interesting to hear your views from the other side, so to speak.

As for the rest,
It's proving very informative, too.

Cheers
pug rules!
pug rules!

pinky55poo
ALPHA

May 30, 2003, 9:39 PM

Post #56 of 84 (3698 views)
Shortcut

There's a 7-in-1 nowadays & that's what my Baby got for her 2nd & 3rd shots. Her 1st shot was a 6-in-1. Charges can vary from clinic to clinic.

Oh yah, people. Anyone can comment on the yearly booster shot? I've never done this for all my other furkids & because we want better protection for them, I have to think about it for my current 2 girls.

Smile
pinkypoo
pug rules!

MarnYook
Novice

May 30, 2003, 9:59 PM

Post #57 of 84 (3696 views)
Shortcut

Arthur,

Totally agree with u. As i told u earlier, Marn Yook's color turn lighter and lighter. Now she is almost 50% light grey and 50% white. Thats y im saying that she is ugly.

Yup......demand is getting higher and higher. When i was in the industry, it was very hard to get 1 MS in petshop. Hardly see 1.

There is a trend of popular dogs. From what i understand, Alsations was very popular years ago and it just fade of coz the hip problem and kinda hard to take care. When 101 dalmations cartoon was out then the breed is hot but didnt last long bcoz of skin problem and out of 5 dogs, 1 is deaf. Later on, GR, LR and shih tzu take place and the price was redicilous. The price goes down again or not so popular coz a lot in the market and the wasnt any price controlling. Now guess what??? MS and Pug have very high demand. Keng leh......... So what say u about the popularity????? Are the above mentioned in order???Tongue

About converting to MKA for Thailand dogs...... not so sure lah.......bcoz of diseases kuah????? The Sunday Market is actually situated in CHATUCHAK (donot correct spelling or not) in Thailand. It is a market with shop lots with all kinda distributors (dogs, fishes, etc) . It is for dealers only but sometimes it will open to public on certain days. SOmeting like stock clearence. So lota people say their dogs died days after, maybe because of those are rejected dogs (sick) that dealer can see. So it is very cheap but need to keep your finger cross so that nothing will hapen later.

So wanna organise some trip?????????

MarnYook
Novice

May 30, 2003, 10:36 PM

Post #58 of 84 (3692 views)
Shortcut

hi sweeeng,

Thanks for asking.

Actually not 2, infact 3 dogs. Fist what a Brown Shih Tzu called Monkey. 4 weeks old and that time i was kinda blur and know nuts about Vaccine so just "wack" only lah. Later monkey start to vomit foam and the vet said was coz by food poisoning. Keep on vomiting and later the whole body shakes. 2 weeks later she go melancong bawah tanah. After that i know what is Distemper.

2nd one was a Alsation named Disney. This one was tough. When i took her home, i notices somethind is wrong few days later. She dont eat and so on. Brought to vet and said she is sick. She was like a medicine sack (like some of the Alsation). All kinda of sickness. Feverlah, skin problem lah, cough lah, lungs infection lah, just name it. 3 months later she recovered and i thought i should give her jab so that she wont be sick again. So i start to read about vaccine and i learned something. When i brought her to vet to ask for some antibody booster to boost her immune system b4 vaccine ( as per book instruction) the vet say "no need lah" because according to him, Disney looks pretty tough and very active so JAB!!!!!!!!!!! Few days systoms started to show. Vomit foam, somtimes sawan babi, body shake, hard pad, and so on. I forced feed her for 2 weeks. Food, medicine, vitamins, antibiotic what ever i have i just feed her but eventually, Ding Dong also!!!!!! She died terriblely. B4 she dies, she look at me. then suddenly..... blood came out from mouth, eyes and butt. I was so sad i and cannot tahan anymore. tot of sending her to vet to put to sleep but too late and she was really suffering. SO.... i did somthing. I grabbed a tali rafia and cekik her and few second later she also follow monkey to melancong bawah tanah.Unsure

The 3rd one and the one that i love the most. He was so musculin, handsome, intelligent and everthing lah (the father best in show and im the 1st to choose his pups). Some of my customers offered me 3k-5k to have him. He was a very good breed even a Russian breeder was impressed and i tot that can go into show ring so i have no choice but to jab him. haaaaiiiiiii.................... dont wanna tell the story. too sad to tellFrown. I have been to all pure petshop arounh m'sia and he is still the hansomest and best i've seen so far. Infact, the "bestest"......Crazy

Now i have MArn Yook and eventhough she is not as pretty as her God-sis and brother but as long as she is healthy i would ne happy.

Aiaya........... this fellow very the "chiong hei" lah. Solly ha..............

sweeeng
ALPHA

May 30, 2003, 11:51 PM

Post #59 of 84 (3683 views)
Shortcut

Hello there..

It's a very saddening story... Read until I wanna cry. You have been very tough bout it. And that's what I worry someday if my dog ever KO. I'm so scare I can't take it...

Regarding your first pup... she had vaccination at 4 weeks... Well I thought that they should only get vaccine at around 6 weeks and not advisable to do it below that age???

Now I'm very scare .... a lot of vet all over. Some like got no qualification. Some breeders even buy the vaccination medication and do the jab themselves. It's very scary ....

MarnYook
Novice

May 31, 2003, 12:22 AM

Post #60 of 84 (3676 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for everthing. If u dont mix ur dog with those that u dont know very well i would say it should be safe.

I agree with u. Some of those vet will say gif pup the vaccine 4 week or when they are still milking coz the mother milk contains abtibodies that will protect them from disease but some of them, like what u said 6 weeks coz the pup is strong enough to defend themselves again the dead or inactive viruses from the vaccine. So......... ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA ON THIS???????

For your info, most common killer that i' ve seen so far.

Parvo - 3 cases. ( very tough virus and air-borne. Can stay in room tempreture for weeks. To "kau tim" the virus, Clorox is usually used)

Distemper - around 10 cases. (this virus is not tough, quite fragile. Room temp. can stay for few days only but under hot sun, maybe 2 - 3 hours only. Normal disinfectant is used)

Kennel cough - 2 cases ( not so sure, better dont tell)

Arthur Sifu!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What say u huh????? Do u have any stories to tell on the above mentioned viruses. Correct me if im wrong. Thanks

Sweeeng, i think nothing will go wrong wit your baby coz your dog knows that u love him/her so much and will never leave u alone.Cool

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 31, 2003, 2:16 AM

Post #61 of 84 (3668 views)
Shortcut

Really sad after read through your real story. The first vac of Yippi was done by the breeder himself. Yippi really lucky, because he is heathy since I bought him back.

how many "chi mui and heng dai"??? I am not so sure, so far I know there are 3 "char bor" MS in this forum. 1 is MarnYook, and the other 2 belong to Arthur. "Ta bor" got a lot lah.... including Yippi Smile.

jin jia chei kokkian lang here lah, ee lang ei beng pek loh... hahaha..... SlySlySly

Smile Eliza

ginl
ALPHA

May 31, 2003, 11:34 AM

Post #62 of 84 (3657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've not taken Biscuit for his annual booster yet coz i dun think he's in the right condition to take it at this moment....but i plan to later on and yah i'm going to ask the vet for seperate vaccine....if i'm not mistaken the intervals can be a mth later...but will ask the vet for his opinion as well....let u know when the time comes Smile

shawnlim
Canine Addict

May 31, 2003, 9:26 PM

Post #63 of 84 (3651 views)
Shortcut

hie eliza,

lee eh hokkien wuei chin jia hoe cheo........hahahahahahahaWink

ur hokkien abit blur blur for me!Tongue
L@VIER

KEIDOU

May 31, 2003, 10:11 PM

Post #64 of 84 (3650 views)
Shortcut

hi,

my frijol is a female, nui nui . today finally can shake hand with me,so happy... dun know y she can pick thing n come back n dun know how to shake hand .....a little shame shame BlushBlushwhen aunty said "can pick thing but cant shake hand meh....'' hah hah hah,,,,finally !

when i saw how u put ur doggie down with a tali......

i felt sad n tear rolling in my eye..... felt like murdering own baby!!!!

if my doggie become like that......i maybe wouldnt keep any more!

many dog lover cant accept the truth so they never keep again....never want to be sad again...

about the heartworm pill, the vet say it is a prevention before the small unmature worm become a really heartworm. only prevent the small one only.... when the worm become mature one can breed more worm n the pill wont work. some pill cheap n some very mahal ,dun know what differnce? can dog pick some grass to eat then cure themself neh?

nowadays, herbs is very popular so what about herbs for dog or any other way to keep doggie health from disease neh???
TongueKEIDOUTongue
ALWIZ BE NAUGHTY!
BE FUNNY
BE NAIVE

.'"'..
'
( '0' )_!)
' '
LL_ *_J

KEIDOU

May 31, 2003, 10:31 PM

Post #65 of 84 (3650 views)
Shortcut

hi,
i heard of the kennel in ipoh but fren say only can buy directly if u know them.
." 2 Years ago was like RM1350 then 1280 then 1100 and now Ipoh is selling for RM850-900 only"
it is really? i m finding one more m.s with cert.
frijol alwiz want to play with my big local dog... but alwiz want to fight. coz big dog want to press her down using her tummy. ha..ha...
so a small size n same breed is more good for accompany her lar.
about 7 dog in my apartment area , all neighbour keep female n only male. then the male air liur coming out when c all these female....ha..ha..
TongueKEIDOUTongue
ALWIZ BE NAUGHTY!
BE FUNNY
BE NAIVE

.'"'..
'
( '0' )_!)
' '
LL_ *_J

doodle
ALPHA

Jun 1, 2003, 6:12 AM

Post #66 of 84 (3643 views)
Shortcut

Hi Marn Yook,

Nice meeting you here.

I have a basset hound name doodle 3 months +

I find it very informative about what you have posted. I just took doodle to the vet today for the 3rd jab. When I read that usually dogs are given 2 jabs only, my eyes terbeliak. I now live in fear that in 2 weeks time, my doodle just lie down there not moving. I often have this fear. I think I am too over protective of him. Probably because he is so fragile. He doesn't even know anything. He even wags his tails at those who bark and growl at him.

I do hope we could meet one day. I love Schnauzer very much!

MarnYook
Novice

Jun 2, 2003, 5:55 PM

Post #67 of 84 (3631 views)
Shortcut

We have 5 char boh now including Keidou. Arthur's..... of course not available lah.....

So for for MS Tah Po, PLEASE QUEUE TO MAKE APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh????? Ani mai kong chuey chuey boh eh hor lang hoot!!!!!

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jun 2, 2003, 6:24 PM

Post #68 of 84 (3628 views)
Shortcut

Hi, How come 5 ?? MarnYook, Lee Sha, Pepper Boy, Keidou, 4 only mah... who is the other 1??

Yippi say "I queue first, I queue first... " Wink. hahaha... let do some "kai siao" and recomandation of yippi Smile. "Yippi now is 1 year old, he is smart and handsome lor.... even a bit naughty and chor lor, and kui jit zhao lai zhao khi, tiao lai tiao khi, bor tia mami ei ua, but sometime he will be very gentle also expecially to girls lor Sly ... ii ei jiao gor lang... bang sim, bang sim... hahaha....... SlySlySly "

Smile Eliza

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jun 2, 2003, 6:28 PM

Post #69 of 84 (3627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shawnlim] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, wa ei OK lah Wink, "Marn Yook" ei gor ka hoe cheo.... Sly

Smile Eliza

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jun 2, 2003, 6:35 PM

Post #70 of 84 (3626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KEIDOU] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Always very "kek hei" and geram when training our furkids, we asked them to do this, they will do that... Crazy. But they will make us laugh, because they will always have some funny action that we can't expected ... Sly.

Smile Eliza

MarnYook
Novice

Jun 3, 2003, 12:34 AM

Post #71 of 84 (3616 views)
Shortcut

Eliza,

Pai seh.......... pai seh............ 2+1+1 = 4. mm si 5.

Okay lah, wa also "kai siao-kai siao" Marn Yook tarm pok.

First of all, she is of course a chor boh, smart even not so pretty but boleh tahan lah. Quite chor lor also but very manja. Kui jit pi kui pi kuai, thiao lai thiao ki. Si beh tia daddy eh ua. Sometimes si beh kuai lan, ai tio hoot liao. Also tong chiak ker beh si. Kau puah mi toh mai kun.......cho kui.Unsure

One thing beh tahanFrown, kah tah poh SI BEH OCK SI!!!!!!!!!!! Boh kia si yi wui boh hoh lang kah keh.........Laugh

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jun 4, 2003, 1:19 AM

Post #72 of 84 (3605 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha... SlySly The member don know hokkian read through this thread sure will kepala pesang one.... SlySlySly Seems like all the schnauzers have the same characteristic, like to thiao lai thiao ki and very chor lor... Cool good luck to all the MS owner lor... Smile

Smile Eliza

MarnYook
Novice

Jun 4, 2003, 2:16 AM

Post #73 of 84 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Hi arthur,

Just wanna check with u whether ur MS like to jump around. According to Eliza, all MS like to jump around. What about yours????? Yippi and Marn Yook is less than 1 year old. Your MSs are more than 1 rite??? Can i say ur babies tune down a bit when they grow older?????

Thanks

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Jun 4, 2003, 6:03 AM

Post #74 of 84 (3594 views)
Shortcut

Hello Marn Yook,

Welcome to the forum!Smile

Is she as beautiful as Maggie Cheung?

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

arthur
ALPHA

Jun 4, 2003, 6:17 AM

Post #75 of 84 (3592 views)
Shortcut

Hi Marn Yook!

I have no observed my MS to jump a lot when they were young. I mean, yes they will jump up to the couch or bay window but not jumping around on level ground. Pepper girl, my eldest at 2.5yrs, has matured and mellowed down compared to when she was younger. Lee Ron my youngest at 1.5yrs, is still quite playful. He'll run around with a sock in his mouth hoping the girls will chase him all over the house or compound. Guess boys will be boys..no matter what species.Smile

Rdgs Arthur

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my