Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
HELP!! can't stand my GR anymore

phsiau
Novice

Oct 12, 2007, 8:58 PM

Post #1 of 15 (3675 views)
Shortcut
HELP!! can't stand my GR anymore Can't Post

I have have a GR .. he use to pee round the gate i happy cos i have no time for him and i also have another JRT this is naughty 1 day he can pee & poo 5 time. Now my GR his follower but still he dare not poo at the porch. Every time the JRT pee at night the GR will follow now all over the place this morning i can't stand pull him out and i beat him up until he dare not come in the house.

finnahendrani
Novice

Oct 22, 2007, 6:44 AM

Post #2 of 15 (3509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phsiau] HELP!! can't stand my GR anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

poor dogs..did you properly train them??

dont beat him..it will make the dog stress..use firm and hard voice.. he can feel it..

suggestion may be you can use pee training pad.. :)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 22, 2007, 8:17 AM

Post #3 of 15 (3505 views)
Shortcut
Re: [finnahendrani] HELP!! can't stand my GR anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

Y do u get a JRT and a GR when you have no time. One needs grooming a lot and one needs a lot of training. They might look nice in pictures but when comes to training you need TIME and PATIENCE... If you dun have that pls find a better home for it.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

tpsing
Dog Kichi

Oct 22, 2007, 5:41 PM

Post #4 of 15 (3488 views)
Shortcut

Without house breaking training, you can not expect your dogs to understand what you want.

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Oct 22, 2007, 10:31 PM

Post #5 of 15 (3473 views)
Shortcut

u are very lucky that ur GR didnt bite off ur plate number and bite off your sofa. if u doesnt have time dont breed two dogs together. like yen say . u sell also okay put for adoption also okay. dont beat dog. cause they will mad at that. and dont u feel heartache when u spankz them ? train them properly. my shihtzu do poo around pee around. now he noe how to poo on newspaper i work 10am-11-12am . sometimes 2am. i still spend one hour time with him. everyday ! sry if i offences
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

phsiau
Novice

Oct 26, 2007, 5:24 PM

Post #6 of 15 (3362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilfunky] HELP!! can't stand my GR anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you your consent to my dog... how you u know i don't love dog. i know you all love your dogs very much but on the other side you are just the dog lover. if you all say my dog need train or he is like that bcos he is still young, i will thank you very very much for remind he actually they are young only 9 month old but don't judge me to give my dog away. if you want my dog you can let me know. My GR is 2k++ and my JRT is about 1k and do you think i stupid to spend $$$$ without loving them or train them, to teach them with rod that not mean going to kill them i want my dog to know who is the master who he have to respect. my time with my dog is more than you it just happen that time. everymorning 5am i walk my dog until i go to work have you spend this time with your dog. maybe you have.
Can you tell me a GR how long and in what age only he can be mature.

(This post was edited by phsiau on Oct 26, 2007, 5:31 PM)

bakamono
Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2007, 7:48 PM

Post #7 of 15 (3346 views)
Shortcut

Usually big dogs will only mature at around 3 years old. Please don't be offended by others comments. All of them are meant to be good. Your love for them cannot be measured by how much u got them, the patience is needed more after you bring them home. Don't worry, you r not in the worst situation compare to a lot of people out there yet. Good luck to you.

phsiau
Novice

Oct 26, 2007, 9:23 PM

Post #8 of 15 (3340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] HELP!! can't stand my GR anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Nov 14, 2007, 12:46 AM

Post #9 of 15 (3083 views)
Shortcut

phsiau,

One word --- persevere.

(:

I was mad at first with my puppy for not eliminating properly also. When I first brought her home, she will weepoop under my study desk, near my camera and outdoor backpacks, behind the door, et cetera. All those are her favorite places to weepoop and she does not like the newspaper at all. I was very angry, fuming but I kept on thinking about the word persevere and slowly I trained her. It took time for sure but the end result was amazing. So, hopefully, you will be able to train your dogs. Slowly. It takes time.

Frown

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. (Milan Kundera)

phsiau
Novice

Nov 15, 2007, 10:54 PM

Post #10 of 15 (3049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kyels_k] HELP!! can't stand my GR anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kyels_K
sorry late reply... Thank you
Don't worry i will persevere them... now been training them if they pee i will sit with them show and talk to them WHY YOU DO THAT they look guilty and down face dare not look at it and tell them NO NO NO .... surprise it work.. but don't know how long they will remember la..
This GR is smart and quick learner but stupid also forget very fast.

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Nov 15, 2007, 10:58 PM

Post #11 of 15 (3048 views)
Shortcut

They're not stupid; it takes time like I said. Plus, it is a daily thing so you need to do it everyday. It's all about consistency when it comes to training them. All dog owners went through the same thing before.

(:

So, patience. I am sure they will learn soon enough.

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. (Milan Kundera)

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Nov 15, 2007, 11:04 PM

Post #12 of 15 (3048 views)
Shortcut

They're not stupid; it takes time like I said. Plus, it is a daily thing so you need to do it everyday. It's all about consistency when it comes to training them. All dog owners went through the same thing before.

(:

So, patience. I am sure they will learn soon enough.

boco

Nov 16, 2007, 12:55 AM

Post #13 of 15 (3028 views)
Shortcut

I've a 1++yrs old GR at home. People say GR is smart and easy to train, but really need the right skills besides lots of time and patience to train it. GR needs a lot of attention. My GR is still not very obedient, she only listens when she likes it or when there're treats in sight. When your dog is naughty until out of control, a light spank is reasonable if raising your voice don't work. GR will only mature after 2yrs old, i think.

(This post was edited by boco on Nov 16, 2007, 1:16 AM)

Jess_lee

Nov 16, 2007, 1:09 AM

Post #14 of 15 (3024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boco] HELP!! can't stand my GR anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

Matured in 2 years...seems like my gr still got a long long way to go.

Same as u boco, my pup knows a lot of tricks...but only will do when he likes. Unsure

phsiau
Novice

Nov 16, 2007, 6:04 PM

Post #15 of 15 (2998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boco] HELP!! can't stand my GR anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Boco
yes GR need 3 yrs to mature maybe more... i did survey before i get this dog this GR need alot attention. My GR quite obedient listen to me and my hand signal. this large breed using light spank is not enough he though you playing with him. GR are friendly dog to every people so i get him a JRT (noisy barking dog) train him bark at stranger instead of cat and dog. now at night he alert of dark shadow and bark.. but when come to dog meet hahah he forget everything.. only know playing. Animal is animal loving is another issue training them hard during young later you will reap what you trained them.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my