Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Delayed Poo-ing

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Jul 31, 2007, 12:05 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2797 views)
Shortcut
Delayed Poo-ing Can't Post

Can anyone please advise me on this issue on delayed poo-ing? My Chi is 3 months old and I have noticed that nearly everyone mentioned that their dog will poo around 1/2 hour to 1 hours after every meals. I have noticed that my Chi does not poo until much later. Normally, around 2-3 hours after her meal. Is this normal? Her feeding time is around 6am, 1pm and 7pm. Whenever she finishes her meal, I will take her to the toilet and place her in the litter box to poo. Many times I can wait and nearly fall asleep waiting for her to poo.

When I brought her home on 23 July, she was coughing and sounded to have phelgm. To date, the cough is still there but very much less phelgm. She is still healthy - no running nose and no mucus. Is this normal towards full recovery? Doc gave her antibiotics and immunization pills to be taken. I was advised that there is an antibiotic human take - zithromax. Apparently it is good for the dog for coughing and flu. Is it true? To be administered 0.8ml for every 1kg.

goofydip
Veteran

Jul 31, 2007, 12:18 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] Delayed Poo-ing [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure bout young puppies, but I remember since I adopted Goofy when he is 8 months old till now, he never poo right after his meal ( like what u say one or half an hour after meal)... He poo after few hours he had his meal. I never take this as a problem though...not sure bout young puppies...Blush

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2007, 7:08 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] Delayed Poo-ing [In reply to] Can't Post

Totally agree with Goofy. We got Brenda and Basco when they were 2 mths old, and they don't do their business right after meal as well. As for the cough/flu medication for human, not a good idea. What is good and ideal for human can be fatal for dogs. Get advise from vet.

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 23, 2007, 7:21 PM

Post #4 of 9 (2469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Delayed Poo-ing [In reply to] Can't Post

my kenji is a 2 months old puppy. he also din poo right after his meal when i initially bought him 2 weeks ago. he took his meal at 6.30 pm, but put him to poo half hour later. but i always wait till tired and disappointed. he will only poo after 11pm. but currently he will poo right after his meal, i think because he is still young so he cant control the poo, he will poo many times. volume lesser one after another. i think still need time to train it to tahan his pee and poo when he grew up.

Good luck to u...
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

myzanordin
ALPHA

Aug 23, 2007, 7:55 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2465 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleeping beauty] Delayed Poo-ing [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah..you got a Saint Bernard puppy right? Huge breed you got there.Does he sleep in aircond room? Can he tahan the weder in M'sia...I have seen a few St Bernard here in Bangsar and Hartamas, huge, gentle giant..and so...cute..but they were salivating like pipe water woh.....is it because its hot or they are naturally like that ??Shocked

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 24, 2007, 5:50 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2447 views)
Shortcut

Haha, now kenji is still young so not salivating yet. But the pet shop staff told me that they will only salivating when they r hot. those breed that u saw in Bangsar, r they kept in outdoor?

I also plan to kept kenji out door when he is adult cause my hubby got nose sensitive, so cant stand his fur. but i'll provide him a fan lo. hope he will still enjoy. Those breed that u saw, r thery ugly? I afraid kenji will not be that cute when he grew up as their face will be dropping. Btw, does they act good as a gurad dog? (Does it bark u ?)

Sleeping beauty and Kenji
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

myzanordin
ALPHA

Aug 24, 2007, 8:18 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Fan enough ke? I thot u have to allocate them in aircond room woh??ShockedIn Switzerland, St Bernard is used to rescue those who are trapped in snowy mountain..ski trip and all...the temp is minus o....how lah...In Malaysia we are like 27 - 32 C....Tongue.

The St Bernard I saw, is not so friendly nor fierce, just no expression...I dont think they can be good guard dog, dur to their nature...they are calm dog...cool man ....Sly..and yeah...the face ..droooppp..he he he

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 24, 2007, 11:39 PM

Post #8 of 9 (2431 views)
Shortcut

Ya I know. thats y i like its characteristic. I did saw someone keep it outdoor even without a fan, poor thing. but what to do, the breeder breed it here sure they have to cope the climate lo.

hope my Kenji will not be so ugly. But anyhow I'll stull love him bcoz pretty in the heart is more important. hehe...

Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2007, 2:17 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1995 views)
Shortcut

hi,

I saw an adult St Bernard in Cameron before.. Very Huge!!! like a calf! his head is bigger than me !!! and he's very fierce ... may be he's always lock in the cage.. he barked at us when we walked near him (of course he's in the cage). He roared like tiger (that's my feeling, very scary).. so, I think there's no problem to be a guard dog..

I love St Bernard too.. actually my whole family member like this breed.. but, because of the hot weather in Malaysia, we didn't rare one. Now, we've just bought a black female Labrador(now she's only about 11 weeks old).. she's naughty but intelligent and we're quite happy to have her.. :)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my