Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: PAWS:
Web Cam setup for PAWS - anyone willing to help?

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2007, 2:26 AM

Post #1 of 11 (7860 views)
Shortcut
Web Cam setup for PAWS - anyone willing to help? Can't Post

Is it possible to install webcams in open areas (like those on highways and traffic stops)? Anyone have a clue on how much and if it is subscription based? Maybe PAWs can set up and put a cam window on its website.

PAWS is too poor lah to do something like that but I think the volunteers can band together to put this in place.... then maybe we can ALL keep an eye on the doggies.

khengteik
ALPHA

Nov 5, 2007, 5:34 PM

Post #2 of 11 (7845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] Web Cam setup for PAWS - anyone willing to help? [In reply to] Can't Post

well.. i can help out with the installation... but i think you'll need a web expert to get it on live feed.. not syre bout that.... but if PAWs just need to fix it up, i can be of service

Frown

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

mike9my
Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2007, 8:05 PM

Post #3 of 11 (7834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Web Cam setup for PAWS - anyone willing to help? [In reply to] Can't Post

depends on how many units of cameras n quality,zoom or not,infrared or sensor detector not cheap to come by easily cost 10K n above not counting the soft ware around 5K minimum with on line system. dun know how big is PAWS compound n layout so cannot really estimate

KT if u can giv more info maybe i can provide rough estimate

khengteik
ALPHA

Nov 5, 2007, 9:28 PM

Post #4 of 11 (7828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mike9my] Web Cam setup for PAWS - anyone willing to help? [In reply to] Can't Post

ermm.. i also not sure how big is the compound leh... or how many they wanna fix.... mayb we can set a date then we sekali go n have a look...

but i think a few cam is enough la.... most is also 4 oni.. i dont think need to use those good cameras oso... normal webcam oso can.... if use normal webcam would be cheaper....

But like i said.. mayb we set an appointment with paws and go and have a look... then can discuss and know more on what they need and what they want.

mike9my
Enthusiast

Nov 6, 2007, 5:06 PM

Post #5 of 11 (7810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Web Cam setup for PAWS - anyone willing to help? [In reply to] Can't Post

KT, sori i,m from penang lah otherwise can go n survey but if u can get some details i can help out with the estimates , like u know how many foot run n so on, it will b more accurate.

regards,

khengteik
ALPHA

Nov 6, 2007, 5:10 PM

Post #6 of 11 (7808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mike9my] Web Cam setup for PAWS - anyone willing to help? [In reply to] Can't Post

waaa... so far... hehe.. well... i'll try to get some time to go over or talk to the ppl there... or y not u just call them and ask??

i will only be able to go there earliest is end of next week.. this deepavali weekend i need to settle some things... need to get a new "heart" for my car.. haha

mike9my
Enthusiast

Nov 7, 2007, 12:12 AM

Post #7 of 11 (7792 views)
Shortcut

upgrade to turbo ? KL near to Sepang mah

khengteik
ALPHA

Nov 7, 2007, 2:06 AM

Post #8 of 11 (7779 views)
Shortcut

haha... no l.. i'm not a turbo person.. would rather prefer a supercharger... :p

but anyways, i'll be hands on to do the modifications to my car.. cos its quite a big project.. changing everything... from engine to interior.. so wont be free this deepavali weekend... mayb u can call them and ask about the webcam thinggie...

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2007, 2:13 AM

Post #9 of 11 (7744 views)
Shortcut

Hi KhengTeik. Will a new system cost so much? I can afford to put in a few hundered dollars only. Was thinking about donating a new fax machine that the office needed, but the web cam idea was floated by a web designer looking at the paws.org.my site and caught my attention. Folks might like to do a virtual visit to PAWS one day.

It will have to be proposed by the volunteers before PAWS will consider the project. Happy to do the write up. Would be great to have a live stream on the website for the new puppy area. Also for the adult dogs, especially when there are sponsors found for the older animal. Maybe even have a live feed to a laptop at events.

The other thought was to see if the feed can be recorded and each animal that is surrendered has a captured and recorded image.

khengteik
ALPHA

Nov 9, 2007, 5:14 PM

Post #10 of 11 (7728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] Web Cam setup for PAWS - anyone willing to help? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello there Cynhor... I am not familiar with life feed with web cams. Therefore i don't think I'm the best person to advice on the pricing. But then again, you will need an internet connection which is on 24hrs.. which means PAWS will need to have streamyx.

Anyways, the budget will depend again on how many cams do you plan to use, where u plan to put them etc etc. Please also bear in mind that we would not be able to Zoom in and out using web cams... and we will need to really protect the web cam because it is not supposed to be for outdoor use.

I do understand about how u want to use to live feed... but there are alot of things to take into consideration... hardware... software... web programming... etc etc

Mayb you can tell me the amount of cams that you plan to have, where you want it to be installed, how far is it from the office. then i can roughly give you a estimate on the hardware. cos a web cam that can be used for both day and night will roughly cost about rm150-200. i would not recommend a cheap brand as it will break down quite fast.

anyways, if there is anything u need to know in a jiffy, do give me a call.. 016-2322501. i can be reached anytime of the day.. even if when i'm working or in a meeting... hahaha.... the beauty of working in my company.... if we do not answer calls even in a meeting, we will definitely kena screw by our boss...

Doglover30
New User

Nov 28, 2007, 6:24 AM

Post #11 of 11 (7574 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Is it possible to install webcams in open areas (like those on highways and traffic stops)? Anyone have a clue on how much and if it is subscription based? Maybe PAWs can set up and put a cam window on its website.

PAWS is too poor lah to do something like that but I think the volunteers can band together to put this in place.... then maybe we can ALL keep an eye on the doggies.

Hello there what you means is the CCTV right? and not a webcam. Maybe you are suggest a CCTV camera for PAws area.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my