Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
very itchy skin in my boxer

Peyton
New User

Oct 18, 2007, 10:21 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2413 views)
Shortcut
very itchy skin in my boxer Can't Post

My boxer (11 months) has really itchy skin. We have been working with the vet for the past 5 months with no luck. We have switched foods, beds, blankets, etc. She scratches herself raw! Anyone else been through this with their boxer?

Thanks!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 20, 2007, 10:55 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Peyton] very itchy skin in my boxer [In reply to] Can't Post

Try another vet with good reputation. May i know where is your location. Try ask the vet check is it mange or not. Be careful cos some dogs will not tell u it is even though they know.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Peyton
New User

Oct 21, 2007, 4:19 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] very itchy skin in my boxer [In reply to] Can't Post

It is not mange. She hasn't lost any fur and does not have most of the symptoms of mange. He has done blood work, etc. and has ruled out parasites. He said we might want to think about a vet dermatologist. They would run all types of allergy testing, etc. I have no idea what that would cost.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 21, 2007, 5:08 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Peyton] very itchy skin in my boxer [In reply to] Can't Post

Call and check the prices from different vets. There's a vet listing under the general/chi chat section if i am not wrong. I can recommend a few good one like Dr. Prem from brickfields. Dr. Yeoh from taman Megah another is my own vet Dr Edmund from puchong. The other 2 vets are very reputable also but can be quite costly..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my