Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Canine Hip Dysplasia:
Hip problem?

reenee
Novice

Oct 15, 2007, 7:13 PM

Post #1 of 3 (6576 views)
Shortcut
Hip problem? Can't Post

Today, I woke up to find my puppy fine. After five minutes, I discovered he suddenly has problems with both his hind legs, he can only walk a few steps before sitting down. Other than that, he is fine. He still likes to play and jump but I try to control his jumping around by putting him on a chair. Is that alright? If I put him down he will jump around and I am afraid that he will hurt his legs. Is he having hip dysplasia? Please give me some advice. My puppy is a 5 month old shih tzu.

CEDRICSIN
Novice

Oct 15, 2007, 8:58 PM

Post #2 of 3 (6572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [reenee] Hip problem? [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry to hear that, reene... he is still a puppy... poor thing, hope that he can recover.

could it be back bone problem, always heard that shih tzu have this problem, could it be a genetic/inherited problem. Besides that, do u check his knees?? do u notice anything when you try to manipulate the knee joints? anyway.. please do send to your vet have a look...this maybe a serious problem

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Nov 2, 2007, 12:09 AM

Post #3 of 3 (6409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [reenee] Hip problem? [In reply to] Can't Post

My suggestion is to bring your puppy to a vet to check it out. Always be on the safe side

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my