Home: Behavioral Problems: Eating Poo & Licking Pee:
Coprophagia

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Oct 12, 2007, 1:09 AM

Post #1 of 5 (9657 views)
Shortcut
Coprophagia Can't Post

I woke up from my nap and noticed that my pup ate her own feces. What is wrong with her?

Yes, I penned her this morning until afternoon; training her to stay in there until she is able to listen to my commands and it's easier for us because she would not roam around the house but she ended up eating feces. Is this an abnormal behavior or she is just trying to get my attention and get her out of the pen?

*frustrated, pissed*

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. (Milan Kundera)

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 12, 2007, 5:11 AM

Post #2 of 5 (9648 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kyels_k] Coprophagia [In reply to] Can't Post

She is bored!!!

If you don't spend more time with her and stop this bad behaviour. Even she reach adult age when you are not around the house she will occasionally eat her own POO!!!Crazy

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Oct 18, 2007, 1:13 AM

Post #3 of 5 (9569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Coprophagia [In reply to] Can't Post

Ummm ... I do spend time with her occasionally like around every two hours or so. How can I stop her from doing this?

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. (Milan Kundera)

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2007, 3:57 AM

Post #4 of 5 (9565 views)
Shortcut

You have no choice but to catch him eating his poo and scold "NO" to him

(This post was edited by chrisong on Oct 18, 2007, 3:58 AM)

tpsing
Dog Kichi

Oct 18, 2007, 4:57 AM

Post #5 of 5 (9561 views)
Shortcut

Another possible reason is that the dog food eaten by your pup was not well digested for certain reason.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my