Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Aug 11, 2007, 4:53 PM

Post #1 of 87 (13583 views)
Shortcut
Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact Can't Post

I'm not very sure if there is currently a Chihuahua Club around. Can anyone please advise as searching through the entire puppy.com is not easy and very, very time consuming. Anyway, to all Chihuahua owners, maybe we could share and know who among us are Chi owners and lovers. Let me get the ball rolling .......

1. Dominic / Chelsea / 3.5 months / Female / White-brown / Kelana Jaya

Please share your dog info with us and we will keep in touch as we progress on. Good to be connected to learn from more experience Chi owners and lovers and would really love to be in a Chi Club.

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Aug 16, 2007, 4:55 PM

Post #2 of 87 (13552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, looks like nobody interested to share much about their Chi info. Thanks anyway for all that had viewed this thread. Just wanna find friends and learn from one another.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Aug 16, 2007, 7:13 PM

Post #3 of 87 (13550 views)
Shortcut

Dowk,

There are very, very few Chi and min. pin owner her. I for that matter, have only communicate with 2 min pin owner. I guess we will have to keep looking....

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Aug 16, 2007, 9:13 PM

Post #4 of 87 (13548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your feedback. I thought I read in some threads there were quite a few Chi owners and they met quite regularly. Many tahu tak ada orang respond. Anyway, good to know you. How old are your min pins? I nearlt got a teacup min pin from where i bought my Chi. It was supposed to be slightly smaller than the standard min pin and was going for RM580. somehow, we got hooked with a Chi. Chi features look more rounded while min pin more sharper. anyway, like you said, it's how we bring them up that gives us the joy. great knowing you.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Aug 16, 2007, 10:16 PM

Post #5 of 87 (13547 views)
Shortcut

Basco is one year old(had his b'day celebration last weekend) and Brenda is 9 mth. I would say, my BAsco is considered big (he is 7 kilo +) while Brenda is 5 kilo plus. Had to put Basco on diet sometime, cos he tend to look round. We would prefer if he has 'the doberman look' (with heavy chest and small waist). We had no problem with Brenda, as, she is tall & slim..with hourglass figure Sly. We got Basco and Brenda at RM 800 each.No cert..

Anyway, nice meeting you too. Keep in touch.

mizeakira

Sep 2, 2007, 12:06 AM

Post #6 of 87 (13505 views)
Shortcut

Hi dowk, would like to join the chihuahua club.

my chihuahua is Princess/1year & 10months/Female/Cream colour.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 4, 2007, 6:27 PM

Post #7 of 87 (13479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mizeakira] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks mizeakira for your response. Great to note some Chi lovers around as most of the threads are for large dogs like GR and GSD. Lots of silkies too. My Chi, Chelsea, is getting on very well. She shed a lot of fur recently and I think she was allergic to the Jerhigh dog treats. Stopped immediately and she is growing her fur back again. Her ears drop and stood, dropped and recently stood up again. Got some pic and will share later.

Thanks for your response.

mizeakira

Sep 4, 2007, 10:51 PM

Post #8 of 87 (13470 views)
Shortcut

Hi Dowk,

Happy to meet you here. What flavour was the Jerhigh Treat that you gave Chelsea? My Min Pin x Chihuahua also was sick after eating Jerhigh treat but its only the BACON flavour. Others like the vegetable, carrot ones, the milk ones, she is fine eating them and love it. I dont dare to give her the bacon one anymore. Please post some of chelsea pics here to share. Hehe..
FrownmizeakiraFrown

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 5, 2007, 12:12 AM

Post #9 of 87 (13466 views)
Shortcut

Yes, Yes, it is the bacon flavor that started the whole thing. I gave her the salami but nothing much happened until I gave her the bacon. She became nearly botak but now growing already. I'm feeding her Eukanuba Natural Lamb & Rice. What do you feed your Chi with? I'm trying to upload some pics here. Chelsea is about 3.5 month old then. She is 4 months now and growing well. Have some more pics but at home. Will upload later.

Before Chelsea, I actually had a very tiny Chi. But she died and was replaced by Chelsea. 2 vets got 2 different views - died of overdose of deworming and another is liver failure. I believe the liver is the main cause. Anyway, not easy to take care of tiny Chi. Chelsea is like an angel! Would you believe me that from the 1st day she came home, she has NEVER whine or cried at night for attention. When we go to bed, she sleeps too and even if she is awake, she is quiet and plays by herself. She is now potty trained and adorable. Blessing in disguise ...... the tiny Chi cried the whole night through. Well, our hearts sank and my kids actually cried but Chelsea is an angel! So, we were consoled from Cody's death. Hope you liked the pics.
Attachments: SL700284.JPG (103 KB)
  SL700279.JPG (190 KB)
  SL700276.JPG (188 KB)

mizeakira

Sep 5, 2007, 7:56 AM

Post #10 of 87 (13463 views)
Shortcut

Oh my, Its really the bacon that is causing the problem. I never dare buy the bacon one anymore. I am feeding my chi Royal Canin.. I fed eukanuba before too.. But I fed the fish and potato which was so big and she didnt really like it. I love your chelsea.. She is so cute!!!!! So sorry to hear bout Cody.. My Princess is a big chihuahua.. Eventhough she is quite big, but she is healthy. No problems so far.. Just that one time she got low blood sugar.. By the way, do you have MSN?? Maybe we can chat there as well..
FrownmizeakiraFrown

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 5, 2007, 6:13 PM

Post #11 of 87 (13455 views)
Shortcut

Nice to hear from you again. I don't subscribe to a chat room but I use skype a lot. Not sure you are using that. My user name is dowk2301. I'm not sure how to use other messenger but I am checking now to get into one. Will inform you of any messenger I am on.

Cody suffered from hypoglycemia also and his was very bad. Tak makan, already goyang and pengsan one. Chelsea never suffered from that. Got some new pics for her and uploaded for you all to see. Really appreciate keeping in touch with Chi owners to learn and to share. I've stopped giving Chelsea any Jerhigh products as I don't quite trust the brand anymore. I give her Eukanuba healthy biscuit but don't understand what is written cause it is from Japan. What treats are you giving yours? What's your furkid's name?

(This post was edited by dowk2301 on Sep 5, 2007, 6:24 PM)
Attachments: Before shed fur.JPG (156 KB)
  After shed fur (4 mths).JPG (171 KB)
  Cheeky - 4 Sep.JPG (155 KB)
  Lossing the puppy look already.JPG (137 KB)
  Big ears.JPG (179 KB)
  Potty trained.JPG (174 KB)

mizeakira

Sep 7, 2007, 7:48 AM

Post #12 of 87 (13440 views)
Shortcut

Poor Cody. But at least now you've got Chelsea. Chelsea is so cute!!! Love those big ears!!!

My furkid's name is Princess and she does act like a princess at home. I am her slave...Frown I give her many treats before.. I currently give her smackos.. I gave her greenies before and she loves it. Tried some biscuits too.. Princess is not too choosie when it comes to food.. Thats why she is a bit big compared to those small tiny wawa.

Show you some of Princess pics. Hope you like it.
FrownmizeakiraFrown
Attachments: DSC00476.JPG (93.5 KB)
  DSC00465.JPG (63.2 KB)

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 7, 2007, 4:24 PM

Post #13 of 87 (13437 views)
Shortcut

Your Princess is a BEAUTY! I am hoping that Chelsea will grow to be that beauty. I will definitely be a very proud owner with that beautiful coat. How do you maintain the coat and what do you give to eat to have such beautiful coat? Princess doesn't look too big. Quite normal for a Chi mix MP. It looks exactly like the dog in the Chi book. If we are not putting our dogs to shows, it is ok. The standard weight should be 6lbs but size is not an issue. But, we as humans and owners, prefer them to petite so that they will remain cute. Hope Chelsea will grow to be like Princess.

Where do you stay? Sorry for my ignorance but are Malay or Jap or Chinese? Can't make out from your name. Not important to me but just curious. Great knowing and sharing with you.

mizeakira

Sep 9, 2007, 4:56 PM

Post #14 of 87 (13420 views)
Shortcut

Hey,

Princess is not the CHi x MP..SmileShe is a pure CHi. Princess is around 3KG. I went to a chihuahua champion show that day , and she is the biggest chihuahua there.Unsure And I just groom Princess almost everyday, to get those coat. But she is shedding fur now.

By the way, My Chi x MP is called Bambi. I have another MP called Whisky. I also have a Golden Retriever called Max and A rottweiler called Harley.

Anyway, Let me introduce myself. I am Joanne. I am currently in Australia. Only Princess is with me now. All the other dogs are still in Malaysia. I am Chinese. How bout you?? Its really great getting to know Chi owners.Frown
FrownmizeakiraFrown

Rr
Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2007, 2:40 AM

Post #15 of 87 (13320 views)
Shortcut

hihi....

i'm minpin & wawa owner. Rhyno is a minpin, he 3 yrs 9 months 13 days. Romeo is a wawa, he 2 yrs 9 months n 5 days.

Actually hv a wawa thread, just tat the founder n member there not tat active. U can view the below. There lots of wawa.

http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

Latest Photo (latest upload 20th Feb 2006)
Rr Photo

www.dogster.com/?289239
www.dogster.com/?289251.
Attachments: R&R7edit.jpg (39.5 KB)
  547457.JPG (24.6 KB)
  Genting.jpg (112 KB)
  R&R.jpg (78.1 KB)

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 22, 2007, 4:29 PM

Post #16 of 87 (13310 views)
Shortcut

Sorry Joanne for the mixed up. though you're in australia, you seems to be faithful in your checking of threads here. Wow ..... you have a lot of dogs. Do you issues with the neighbors and authorities? how do you maintain them - food and shelter.

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 22, 2007, 4:34 PM

Post #17 of 87 (13309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rr] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi RR, it is good to know more Chi owners and indeed, you have a very nice Chi there. You should see Joanne's Chi. though Jo says her chi is big but her fur is simply adorable. Your CHi looks very lively and her fur is beautiful. How do you maintain the fur? do you give any additional supplement to have such fur? Jo's chi - princess - also has a beautiful fur coat. See it in this thread in the pics. great to know all of you. BTW, how do we address you, RR? I think RR are your dogs initial, right?

mizeakira

Sep 23, 2007, 3:50 AM

Post #18 of 87 (13301 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

No worries.. Got too many dogs so you sure will get mixed up. i dont really have any problems with neighbours or authorities. The only thing is that the neighbour's dog have ticks and pass some to my two big dogs outside.

For food, my mum sometimes give them beef mince and rice or their dry food. For shelter, The rottweiler and the goldie stays outside. And the two small dogs will be in the house.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

pure
Dog Kichi

Sep 24, 2007, 10:02 AM

Post #19 of 87 (13274 views)
Shortcut

hi hi... i have 2 chiwawa clothes to let out..
any one interest can msn me:
lamshyun@hotmail.com

forum.lowyat.net/topic/652808
** cheap & cute dog and cat apparel & accessories **

forum.lowyat.net/topic/619971
Pet's Id tag!!

Rr
Enthusiast

Sep 24, 2007, 1:23 PM

Post #20 of 87 (13270 views)
Shortcut

hihi....

do u visit the link tat i gave? u can view more Romeo pic there.... ooo bout the coat ar.. last time, Romeo got serious shed, then give him supplement - cod liver oil. After taken, the fur wont shed so serious, and the fur become shiny and grow more. tat supplement quite expensive leh.

Joanne - mizeakira, we noe each other but we din meet up, just msn .

RR is my dogs initial, my name is Joanne too... Do u attend the dog gathering on 7/oct?

[URL= img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02052007nz8.jpg]

[URL= img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02052007008ji1.jpg]

Rr Photo

www.dogster.com/?289239
www.dogster.com/?289251.

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 24, 2007, 4:42 PM

Post #21 of 87 (13257 views)
Shortcut

It seems that Chi are very prone to shedding of fur due to food in take or for one reason or another. Yes, I visited your site and your Min and Chi is beautiful. My Chi shed fur very badly at 4 months old and when I traced back, the root cause was the Jerhigh treat I gave - bacon. Wah .... she shed os badly that she looks so bald. Stop that immediately and I am now more careful with treats for her. I gave her only IAMs - the Japanese one which I don't undertsand. She seems to like it and no chemical reaction.

I read in books that supplement is not necessary if they are on good kibbles. I feed Chelsea (my Chi) with Eukanuba Natural Lamb and Rice. I also tried to give her some good treats like salmon and beef but she don;t seem to like it. She will stay away from fish and try beef and later spit it out. Very choosy .... but she loves to chew bones, raw chicken wings and even bread. So, I use bread la as treats.

How often do you train your dogs for easy commands like sit, down, and the sort? What are the normal command to teach our Chis?

About pooing, my CHi is trained to poo in the cat litter box. She is also trained to pee there but last week, she pee outside the litte box and twice in my children's room. Ayoyo .... spanked her for that. Dunno why she already been trained to do her business in the litterbox but still do outside. Maybe try to get out attention or maybe cannot tahan already.

Thanks to you both Joannes for for your support and your feedback. Really need to find friends with Chi to learn from and to share. I check this site everyday.Cool Both of you has beautiful Chis. I am plan to go on Oct 7 at BU. Will you be there?

mizeakira

Sep 24, 2007, 9:22 PM

Post #22 of 87 (13251 views)
Shortcut

About the peeing bit, sometimes princess also do her business at the wrong spot but I think she does it for attention. Sometimes, the pee spot might be dirty and thats why she dont pee there. FrownI think Princess is just being naughty and wants attention. But for Chelsea, she is still a pup thats why she still cant hold her pee..But don't worry, I think she is still in the process of learning.

About teaching commands, I teach Princess lots of different commands such as sit, down, shakehand, beg, rollover...She is very quick and smart. She gets it very quickly. I think the treat works well when teaching her these commands..LaughBecause she is a very greedy dog. She loves treats and is willing to do anything for food.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

finnahendrani
Novice

Oct 7, 2007, 2:46 AM

Post #23 of 87 (13171 views)
Shortcut

Hi there :)

my name is finna :), i'm Indonesian and currently studying here in KL. i love minipin and chihuahua so much.. they are easy to take care of and all of them are so sweet.. :)

I have 3 mini pin back in hometown.Chelsea, Cherry and Dorothy.. all females.. i don't really like males dog..hahahaha..i just don't like it.. :) i am thinking of getting a chihuahua here..does anybody know where i can get a good one? :)

Rr
Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2007, 9:15 AM

Post #24 of 87 (13164 views)
Shortcut

event at central park, i maybe goin ooo.

if i'm there, u can easily get me. coz i'll handle 1 wawa n 1 minpin. hope to c / meet u there Wink

Rr Photo

www.dogster.com/?289239
www.dogster.com/?289251.

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Oct 8, 2007, 4:42 PM

Post #25 of 87 (13152 views)
Shortcut

I was there at the show but I did not find many Chis around. Less than 10 but I found a few min pin. Was there at about 10am to 11am. Was hoping to find some one to make friends. Need to see photos of owners la to identify easier. Or else, a bit shy to ask who is Joanne, etc.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my