Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Eye Care and Conditions:
my furkid in trouble!!! help!!

r@n
Novice

Oct 6, 2007, 2:40 AM

Post #1 of 5 (11972 views)
Shortcut
my furkid in trouble!!! help!! Can't Post

hi,everyone.. my furkid name CASPER. he is a maltese..he is just only 9 months++ i really don't know wat to do right now... the problem is like this.

few months back he had cherry eye on the right, than the doc say it will not have any problem after the surgery, so, i believe him.. after two to three weeks the left eye also got cherry eye... than i also done the surgery... after the surgery his eye have many problem came out. always have tearn eye shit.more over its smelly n some times his eye ball n corner of the eye became redish... the doc give me the medicine also no use..

then,yesterday i found out that his eye ball have a small patch of white pink color.. than,i went to my groomer n ask... what is tat? she tell me to send my furkid to vets.. to check up.. it will get blind if does not have medicine to cure.. i really wan to faint when i hear that...

pls..advice me wat to do????????

Old Man
Dog Kichi

Oct 7, 2007, 7:03 PM

Post #2 of 5 (11950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [r@n] my furkid in trouble!!! help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

cherry eyes often happened on long coat breeds. you may trim the fur around the eyes, keep your furkid at a cool dry place, prefer with the huminities @around 55% to reduce the dryness of the eyes. wipe the discharged around eyes regularly and continue with the vet's eye drops. avoid meat base dog food, especially beef and lamb. Eggs and liver base should be fine. Did the vet gave you antibiotic? if the vet does, you gotto let him finished up the antibiotics.

the above suggestion was base on my experience in keeping dogs over 37 years, however, the vets suggestions is always on 1st priority.

hope this could help.

A Old Man That Always Look Young and His Young But Old looking Pitbull

CEDRICSIN
Novice

Oct 15, 2007, 9:13 PM

Post #3 of 5 (11860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [r@n] my furkid in trouble!!! help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

cherry eye.....let me see.... dogs have 3 eyelids and i suppposed is the tear gland of the inner one that came out .......could it be inherited problem ? (like the spinal problem that shih tzu always have), after ur vets removed the cherry which is actually one of the major tear gland, for sure the eye will become dry and in order to compensate the 'tear component' the other eye glands will produce slimmy kind of substance to keep the eye wet.. but usually it doesnt help.

I think ur furkid having dry eye lah.....what kind of medicines your vet gave u?, do u apply it as what being instructed?, how frequent you put the medicines a day? could it be fix using other method despite of putting eye medications?

kabir
Novice

Oct 26, 2007, 11:31 PM

Post #4 of 5 (11831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Old Man] my furkid in trouble!!! help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

sir,i want to buy ur dogs. please contact me. 012-9351116

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 6, 2009, 7:25 PM

Post #5 of 5 (9882 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kabir] my furkid in trouble!!! help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

FrownFrownFrown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my