VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jul 15, 2007, 1:33 AM

Post #26 of 53 (8810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

that Blackie is only 7yo and my fatfat at hometown is already >7yo still running like mad (but he is mixed breed la)

ya i really feel like GORENG them, and you know what happen, my uncle yesterday call me said today need to put the doggie to sleep.

eventually don't know what happen, the doctor called my uncle up, said Blackie already pass away when they come into the clinic this morning... yet they still charge RM 800 (never take out the put to sleep injection money)

but frankly i really believe that the dog really got sense and they know and can feel what you talking about, Blackie indeed by look is very fierce but he is tame and cute -- to me la...

so sad that Blackie passed away... may him rest in peace ....

:( ronald

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 15, 2007, 1:54 AM

Post #27 of 53 (8808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rkysoo] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

this is indeed sad man... FrownPirate

7yo is senior for a boxer...
i think he has been sick for quite some time,
and ur uncle hasn't been able to notice it
in the first place,

when the vet sees it, they know its at a serious stage,
and most likely hopeless....

so please guys, check ur animals everyday.....!

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jul 15, 2007, 1:58 AM

Post #28 of 53 (8808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [damutznutz] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm are we talking bout AMC? Tongue

Yeah so far me no prob with them. In fact i didnt have a choice lah. It was late already and most vets in my area was close. But i did call them first before heading there and one the vet took the call. She was pretty nice. So went there, paid deposit RM150. I thought ok lah since Gizmo kena warded mah. Then they did tell me the breakdown on the prices lor and what they were going to do next in the morning if this and this happens.

The next day, Dr siva i think called me and confirmed his fracture and told me what they planned to do. So i said ok and go ahead and do it lah. It was bout 11am in the morning. takkan wan to wait for me to finish work, go down pick my pup up and go back to my own vet. I also believe if i picked that option, i wouldnt have to pay up RM500++ lah. But what da heck lah. Saves me the trouble and so i told him ok lah. Then 30 mins later, another vet called to confirm that i wan the procedure done by them and confirmed with me the price.

So when i went to get him in the evening. They showed me the invoice of the breakdown of the prices and ok lah. But they already told me on the phone that the GA and casting will be about RM300++, Xray RM79 and bla bla bla. So ok lah....at least i know what i was paying for.

Today went back for review and they were too bz to collect money from me. So they told me go back next time to remove cast only pay together wor. They said next Xray would be RM27 and RM20 for every additional film. Then consult donnu kena berapa lah. Remove cast also donnu kena berapa lah. But i wonder why the price difference from RM79 to RM27? Next xray also they have to knock the pup out only can xray mah. I think i better check with them again. Crazy

Generally i'm ok with them lah. But it's pricey i wont deny that. Then again, my family vet got a point. If they don charge, they wont be able to maintain the facilities that they have. Even my family vet refers pretty complicated case to them because they are very well equipped. At least with them, our pets stand a chance of survival in terms of emergency and not everything ends up with the word "DEATH"

RM600 definitely burns a HUGE hole in my pocket Pirate. And i'm sure it will cost very much less than half if i were to go to another vet. Then again, when i think about it, if there werent ppl who is willing to fork out that amount of money to treat their pets with them, we wouldnt have an animal hospital like them. Without their facilities, many of our dear pets might not even stand the chance of survival. It's not america here. There when a dog seriously requires medical attention, u take it to a real hospital emergency ward also the doctors there will try their best to help the dog. At least they willstabilise the dog before sending them back to an animal hospital. Here, u try lah, if ur dog seriously need medical attention, try taking it to UH and see what happens. Ppl will think u're

aiya then again that's my personal opinion lah. I'm not for them and neither do i have anything against them. But whatever it is, I'll always like to know that in case of emergencies in the future, i'll have a place to turn to and my pets will never have to suffer thruout the nite just to wait for a vet to open the next day. But then again, i'll only turn to them as my LAST RESULT. wahhh every now and then go to them, die lor. Unless i marry a rich old man lah. Sly

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 15, 2007, 2:37 AM

Post #29 of 53 (8806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Unless i marry a rich old man lah. Sly

im sure u can ... LaughSly

emergency u still hv the option to bug Dr Prem out of the bed at 3 am
and then i might see him groggy the next day.... Laugh jk jk...

Don't Lost your dogs!!

damutznutz
Dog Kichi

Jul 15, 2007, 9:41 AM

Post #30 of 53 (8800 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
Unless i marry a rich old man lah. Sly

im sure u can ... LaughSly

emergency u still hv the option to bug Dr Prem out of the bed at 3 am
and then i might see him groggy the next day.... Laugh jk jk...

LOL yeah honestly I didn't think he would, but when I first started bringing my dogs to him, I did ask him if he knew any late night vets. He said he'd be ok for emergencies and gave me his HP number. I'll ask him again if someone from his practice actually mans the phones overnight when I see him next - boxer and shar pei overdue for their shots, and my silly cat has ear mites...(ewww...)

Oh i should add - when my friend brought her dog to him at 3am, it turns out her dog was just being a drama queen from getting a heartworm jab from another vet earlier in the day LOL. Telling ya...dogs and their characters...

goofydip
Veteran

Jul 17, 2007, 9:52 PM

Post #31 of 53 (8777 views)
Shortcut

oohh....sorry to hear that blackie has past away...

and for those vets..Crazy

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jul 20, 2007, 6:09 PM

Post #32 of 53 (8746 views)
Shortcut

as a matter of fact i scolded my uncle and tell him next time he should not get any dog anymore....

sometimes doggie sneeze they think it is like human sneeze normal one ... aiks

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jul 20, 2007, 6:15 PM

Post #33 of 53 (8746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

my uncle blackie also the same, first pack of IV is RM 50 continue by RM 20...

damn

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 2, 2007, 8:28 PM

Post #34 of 53 (8631 views)
Shortcut

I would like to recommend a vet in bandar puteri, puchong. Dr Edmund Yeoh. He gives very reasonable price and really does a good job for all the dogs that i send for spaying or even operations for other causes.He also is a really dedicated doctor can even see him in clinic on a sunday midnight treating dogs.. Dunno can post number and address here or not... If this gets removed let me know if you need the contact..

Tel : 03-8062 1038

Address : 16, Jln Puteri 5/8, 47100 Bandar Puteri, Puchong Selangor

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

(This post was edited by acsyen on Oct 2, 2007, 8:32 PM)

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Oct 5, 2007, 7:36 AM

Post #35 of 53 (8592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello there,

I had updated Dr Edmund's contact in the Vet list that is available for download in this site...

you can also check it out here...

http://kevronent.com/Vets.xls

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Oct 5, 2007, 7:38 AM

Post #36 of 53 (8592 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I had updated a list from Malaysian Small Animal Veterinary Association hope it helps new comer, and definitely it helped me a lot.

I do not know how to put it here so I put it in my server

** Updated with Dr. Edmund's contact in it (Puchong)

marvinlee
Novice

Oct 7, 2007, 1:12 AM

Post #37 of 53 (8570 views)
Shortcut

hie

may i know which area is Dr Ed clinic located and land mark?

thanks

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 7, 2007, 6:56 AM

Post #38 of 53 (8565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marvinlee] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

Dr edmund's clinic is opposite Haier and BAT. it's behind the shoplots that face these two distributors..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

marvinlee
Novice

Oct 8, 2007, 1:00 AM

Post #39 of 53 (8551 views)
Shortcut

thanks for the info...might be bringing my dog to him soon... start sneezing again

ybaby
Novice

Oct 10, 2007, 7:03 PM

Post #40 of 53 (8496 views)
Shortcut

Hi, All, I lived in Bukit Jambul, Penang. Can someone recommend me a vet near by.

I used to go to Peng Ann, but the clinic was moved; can someone give me his new address or contact??

Thanks, Susan

siokies
New User

Oct 20, 2007, 1:07 AM

Post #41 of 53 (8455 views)
Shortcut

Hi! My name is Siok and if anyone is looking for a good vet - i would like to recommend Dr Toh from St Angels Animal Clinic. She is not only technically sound but more importantly, she loves her patients. I would also like to take this opportunity to share with you my experience.

Our little darling Barney had a liver failure last year and was admitted to the vet in UPM. The doctors there did everything they could but no one could diagnose what is the problem. We wanted to badly to take Barney home but needed a doctor who would agree to come to our house to tend to his daily drip.

We called every vet we could think off and finally, we managed to convince Dr Toh who agreed that Barney would be happiest at home. She agreed to come daily to our house and for this, we would be forever grateful to her!

Because of Dr Toh, we were allowed to take Barney home. Barney spent another wondrous 3 weeks (almost) with us and he was ecstatic! In those times, Dr Toh came to our house everyday and at every call despite her busy schedule. She even sacrificed her weekend when we called her on an emergency (which turned out to be a false alarm)!

Words cannot express how grateful we are to this kind doctor. Not just because she gave us the chance to spend those unforgettable days with Barney but also, because she understands the bond that we share with our pets!

It's been more than a year since Barney said good bye but we will always remember Barney and the kindness of Dr Toh :-)

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 20, 2007, 2:24 AM

Post #42 of 53 (8452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siokies] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, thanks for sharing, where is St Angels? how old is barney?

Don't Lost your dogs!!

loafer
Dog Kichi

Oct 20, 2007, 12:12 PM

Post #43 of 53 (8446 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I had updated a list from Malaysian Small Animal Veterinary Association hope it helps new comer, and definitely it helped me a lot.

I do not know how to put it here so I put it in my server

Hi rkysoo,

Much thanks for the list. I would however like to add a word of caution for those of you who stay in Pandan Indah or its neighbouring housing areas. Please avoid "Klinik Haiwan Yuan" if you can. Had a bad experience there once and I will never ever go back again. It seemed as though he's the sort of vet with the "tidak apa" attitude. The whole place was dirty and doesn't even feel like a clinic at all.

I'm surprised nobody has lodged a complaint against this guy.

Join the JRT Zone

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 20, 2007, 6:48 PM

Post #44 of 53 (8439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [loafer] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

this yuan fler, have heard of ppl complaining bout his attitude here in this forum. but he still is in business...

Don't Lost your dogs!!

myzanordin
ALPHA

Oct 20, 2007, 7:48 PM

Post #45 of 53 (8436 views)
Shortcut

Ya! Ya ! The vet with 6 fingers....in Pandan Perdana. Use to take my tabbys there...This doc. use to go out to entertain custmer, half way doing surgery....gila one !

He sikit sikit..nothing wrong with your cat! Demam only! Give the cat a jab and me as me to bring hme. When I bought it to Ulu Klang (cant remember the hospital name) ..its confirmed HIV...He really sucks ! Dont ever bring your pet there..ever ....

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 21, 2007, 12:03 AM

Post #46 of 53 (8424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

so wht happen to ur FIV tabby? still around>?

Don't Lost your dogs!!

siokies
New User

Oct 22, 2007, 8:45 PM

Post #47 of 53 (8385 views)
Shortcut

Hi Supermutt! Thanks for asking about darling Barney. He was only 5 years old when he said goodbye. It's a pity that M'sia does not have the facility yet to conduct a full medical check. We went to see so many doctors but no one could identify what was wrong with Barney's liver.

I was told that we have to send the blood test to australia and it'll take more than a month to get any results (if we are lucky)....

at least he's not in pain anymore but we all miss him so much!

siokies
New User

Oct 22, 2007, 8:51 PM

Post #48 of 53 (8384 views)
Shortcut

Dear Supermutt,

sorry i forgot to list the contact for St Angel clinic. i know of 2 branches - in Kajang and in Puchong. The latter has almost the full facility, from x-ray to pet cremation.

St. Angel Animal Clinic Kajang
(03-8739-9884)

St. Angel Animal Clinic Puchong
(03-5891-1884)

thank you for the fab work in putting together a list of vets for everyone!

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 23, 2007, 7:41 AM

Post #49 of 53 (8365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siokies] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for contributing! sorry to hear bout barney, seems like they could only classify his illness as 'liver problem' ..

now quite a few vets have x-ray facilities ler... big investment but its good biz now for vets.... more ppl are investing in vet clinics...

Don't Lost your dogs!!

myzanordin
ALPHA

Oct 23, 2007, 6:11 PM

Post #50 of 53 (8358 views)
Shortcut

Dead after 2 weeks. Maybe if its treated earlier...would have survived. Cause I have seen few cats with FIV treated by my current vet and miracleluously survived....

Cats need to be spayed/neutered and not left roaming around to avoid this disease...they got it thru mating and fights with cats who have already got it...carriers normally stay healthy....

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my