Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Vaccination

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Oct 4, 2007, 11:51 PM

Post #1 of 16 (2810 views)
Shortcut
Vaccination Can't Post

Hi, I just got myself a pup yesterday and it has been vaccinated by its previous owner and the next dose is due sometime next week. I'd like to know what are the prices of vaccination so that I could estimate my budget when going to the vet. The first vaccine that my pup got was called QUANTUM. Will be the same vaccine for the next dosage and if so, what is the price; roughly?

Thanks!

Smile

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. (Milan Kundera)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 5, 2007, 3:15 PM

Post #2 of 16 (2793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kyels_k] Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

If you're around Puchong u can chk out Dr Edmund his price is very reasonable after i compare a few places. Can get other vet's contacts here also.. http://www.puppy.com.my/...i?post=302350#302350 do call the clinic to chk that up.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 5, 2007, 8:03 PM

Post #3 of 16 (2785 views)
Shortcut

prices vary according to the size of ur dog...

my puppy was being charge RM45 by one vet... and another RM75

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 5, 2007, 8:11 PM

Post #4 of 16 (2783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

amanda interested to adopt another dog? i have a pup looks like milo from the movie 'the mask' very active am sure she will be a good dog to train. She has long legs also..Do let me know ok..

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Oct 5, 2007, 8:31 PM

Post #5 of 16 (2777 views)
Shortcut

My vet in Damansara Jaya charges RM55 for vaccination+deworming+basic check-up lor Tongue

Don think he goes by sizes cos I kena same price for both adult booster and puppy's 3rd jab.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 5, 2007, 8:35 PM

Post #6 of 16 (2776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

dr ed charge rm35 for vaccination only.. try call n ask bout deworm i think juz few ringgit only..

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Oct 5, 2007, 8:43 PM

Post #7 of 16 (2774 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the information. My pup is going for her second vaccination. I'll probably call up a few vets and check the price out.

By the way, I'm staying at Setapak area, more accurately Wangsa Maju. Haha. It'd be a little hard to get to somewhere further.

Laugh

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. (Milan Kundera)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 5, 2007, 9:15 PM

Post #8 of 16 (2769 views)
Shortcut

thanks for ur kind offer... but currently i had myself all busy wit my black mongrel...

she's driving me crazy edi...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Oct 5, 2007, 9:20 PM

Post #9 of 16 (2768 views)
Shortcut

Deworming should be about RM10 kua....depending on the tablet. Drontal I think it's about RM8 per tablet, but I remember buying one other type for RM5 only wor.,..... yeah lah loose packing one lah not like Drontal got blister pack. Tongue This RM5 i somemore remember they put in angpow and sell to me. hahahahaahah Wink

Actually this vet I usually see is a family friend lah..... so I go to him for almost everything except Proheart jabs. Because he doesnt really favor it, so I don go to him lor. Not nice to make someone do something they dont favor and especially if he is a family friend. So only for proheart, I go to other vets which seemed more neutral on doing it. Hahahahaah Tongue at least I don feel bad making them perform something which they feel is not right.

The minute the vet says something like "Why you decide to give proheart?" or "Why dont you put him on monthly tabs"....these are the vets I wont go to liao. Cos it's obvious that they don favor the jab.

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 5, 2007, 9:40 PM

Post #10 of 16 (2765 views)
Shortcut

yes drontal does have blister packs, can get it from pet shops.
the vets gets it in bottles.

as for vaccines, there are many manufacturers, their price might not be the same, so u can ask your vet what brand is he using.

there is a new tech called Recombinant Technology, in making vaccines, and this is used by Merial/rhone to develop their canine vaccines, called recombitek.

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Oct 5, 2007, 11:00 PM

Post #11 of 16 (2762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

recombitek....hmm like the 5 in 1, 7 in 1 kinda thing ah? Tongue

Hmm i shall ask my vet when i get the chance to. Does that mean it's cheaper or more expensive than the usual ones?

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Oct 6, 2007, 2:56 AM

Post #12 of 16 (2745 views)
Shortcut

Oh, so it does not need to be the same brand of vaccine is it? Honestly, this is my first time taking care of a pup because my previous dog was already vaccinated fully, because I only acquired it when it was a year old or so.

(:

But I'll check with the vets. Definitely.

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 6, 2007, 3:40 AM

Post #13 of 16 (2743 views)
Shortcut

i don't think it has to be of the same brand, you ask the vet.

all dogs will need some booster either 1 or 3 years, so you can't say it has been fully vaccinated after one year.

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 6, 2007, 4:43 PM

Post #14 of 16 (2732 views)
Shortcut

My vaccination only cause RM30 per dog.

Dontal can get it at petshop for RM5. Vet selling at RM8-RM10!!!

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Oct 8, 2007, 12:04 AM

Post #15 of 16 (2702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm ... I will just call in to a few clinics and check it out.

Frown

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Oct 8, 2007, 12:10 AM

Post #16 of 16 (2700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm ... I will just call in to a few clinics and check it out.

Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my